Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Everclear Songbook Series

Break Down

by Aerin 0 reviews

Post OotP: A story of Harry, his escape from the Dursleys', and his journeys. Told in songfiction form to the songs of the amazing band Everclear. Rated for some mild lyrics.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-11-07 - Updated: 2005-11-08 - 831 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Break Down

Yeah RIGHT!

One, two, three, four...

Break down, shake for me

Nothing ever is the way you want it to be

Nothing ever tastes right now that it's over.


He was sitting in a coffee shop somewhere in Bristol, listening to the music. He didn't know where he was, nor did he particularly care. All that mattered was that it wasn't Little Whinging.

Break down, shake for me

Don't write words unless you want me to read them

Nothing really matters now that it's over.


He stared into the darkness of his cup. It was strong and black- it helped to stop him from thinking. From thinking about the Veil, and what lay beyond it. From thinking of Sirius.

Maybe we can be friends

Now that we're older

We can have fun like we did in the old days now that it's over.


He looked up as a woman tapped him on the shoulder. "Here's your baguette sir," she said softly, seeming to sense that she had dragged him out of his thoughts.

He gave her a weak smile. "Thanks." She nodded before turning and leaving.

Everyone left.

Yeah RIGHT!

Break down, shake for me

Nothing ever seems the way it ought to be

Nothing ever seems right now that it's over.


He had left. He had left Privet Drive, left Little Whinging, left Surrey... and left his life as the Boy-Who-Lived behind. Now he was just ordinary Evan Jamison, with messy sandy brown-hair, brown contacts, concealed scar, and no contacts with his once-friends.

Yeah, now maybe we can be friends

Maybe we can be closer

Maybe we can have fun like we did in the old days now that it's over.

Oh yeah...


Of course, his friends had been kind to him. They always had. But that was just the thing. They were too kind. "Oh Harry, are you alright?" "It wasn't your fault Harry, not one bit." "We don't blame you at all." "It was his choice to go, Harry." "How are you, Harry?" "How are you doing?" "How are you feeling?" "Are you taking it hard?"

He wished that they would all just shut up about it. It had been his fault, end of discussion. All they did was remind him of the fact, and as much as he loved them all, he had to leave, to get away. Not just from them, but from the Dursleys. Screw the Dursleys- a load of bastards, all of them.

My bad dreams just don't seem the same

Baby without you

I wish you were willing to accept the blame

Yeah, for everything you do...


Once again, Harry felt his curiosity piqued by a song. Actually, it sounded rather similar to the other- could it be the same band? Whoever they were, Harry liked them. He decided he would make sure to listen closely when the song ended to hear the artist- he wanted their album. They somehow seemed to be able to guess his mood. Okay, screw that- it was a Muggle band, not magic, that much he was sure of. But they were definitely good.

My nightmares just don't scare me now

Baby without you, yeah yeah

I wish that I could find the words to tell

In the best ways possible, you and your friends, go to hell.

Yeah RIGHT!


He smirked at that line. He certaintly wouldn't go that far about the Dumbledore junkies, but it was a great line. 'In the best ways possible...' He chuckled softly, and started. He hadn't heard his own laugh for quite some time now.

Whoah, breakup time is never easy to do

Nothing ever ends the way you want it to

Nothing seems to make sense now that it's over.


He stood after finishing the coffee and baguette and hearing the band's name, pulling on his trenchcoat- he had discovered it in an old thrift shop, and it was a warm black material, soft to the touch. Perfect. It may be summer, but he was rarely hot. He pushed the chair in and stepped out into the sunlight, ready to continue on.

It was time to leave this place behind, go somewhere else. He didn't doubt the Order was on his trail.

Nothing seemed to make sense, now that it was over.

Yeah, now maybe we can be friends

Yeah, now that you're leaving

You can be nice to me

Maybe I'm dreaming

I am a lot better now than just okay

Maybe I am just wakin' up in my own way

Now that it's over

Now that it's over

My bad dreams just don't seem the same

Baby without you

I wish you were willing to accept the blame

Yeah, for all the shitty things you do

Nightmares just don't scare me now

Baby without you

I wish that I could find the words to tell

You to politely go fuck yourself

Yeah, now that it's over...


A/N: Chapter two... here it is.
Aerin
Sign up to rate and review this story