Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

its just a matter of time until we're all found out

by watch_the_sky 3 reviews

ficwad lameness is getting old. um, out of the blue chapter i tossed together - reviews are key.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-03 - Updated: 2007-05-04 - 1269 words - Complete

3Original
"But honestly, what if it blows up in your face?" Was the question that Pete continued to repeat, the question that ran through his head a hundred times before, but all Patrick could do what shrug it off; he was trying to ignore the problem, holding back any thought of the disaster that was very likely to occur.

"Seriously dude, it took her like two months after the fact to say 'I Love You'."

"So what?" Patrick shrugged again, he wouldn't have told Pete if he knew he was going to be in for such an interrogation. "I knew that she loved me, I've known that she loves me my entire life, it was hard for her to express it."

"You're insane, dude" Pete shook his head, "I'm totally happy for you, but you really are completely insane."

"Why are you insane?" Janelle inquired, climbing the steps of the bus and joining Patrick and Pete in the lounge.

"No reason" Patrick shrugged with a smile, "Where's Ana?"

Janelle slid on the couch, taking a seat next to Pete, "Her and Nick stopped off in the dressing room so Nick could get his laptop and Ana could use the bathroom." Janelle shrugged as the bus door swung open and Nick came barreling through.

"Speaking of the devil"

"Janelle, honey, can you come outside for a second?" Nick huffed, attempting to smile away the urgency in his voice.

Janelle raised an eyebrow of confusion but followed his instructions, descending the stairs to the outside world, where Nick immediately began panicking the moment the door shut behind them. "Ana's in the bathroom and she doesn't want to come out, but she asked me to come and get you because she needs you but she's crying and I don't know what's wrong but she told me not to tell anyone else and I hate secrets!"

"Alright, I'll go and see what's going on, just don't tell Patrick, you know he'll overreact." Janelle instructed her boyfriend before heading into the venue where she found Ana seated on the counter of the sink, staring down at the toilet, the contents of her purse dumped across the floor and stains of her tears still visible on her now drying cheeks.

"What's wrong?" Janelle's expression dropped the moment as Ana took a deep breath, choking back the threatening tears in an attempt to explain the situation.

"I took the wrong week" Explaining as calmly as she could, "there's a good chance that stress isn't the reason I'm two weeks late and I just threw up everything I've eaten in the last four days."

Janelle's lips twisted in confusion, holding back her severe inability to find the words to say to comfort her friend at this very moment. Ana sighed heavily again, hoping to fight back the potential of tears.

"Lets go get a test" Janelle offered, bending over to collect Ana's belongings off of the floor as Ana wiped the tears from her eyes and jumped off of the sink. Walking hand in hand back to the bus, Janelle squeezed Ana's hand tighter, showing her undying support, the absence of words between the two friends holding a stronger purpose than any apology or voice of concern could conquer.

"We need to go to a store!" Janelle announced to Nick, finding the bus empty now, the band off to begin a sound check.

"Ew, girl things!" Nick shrieked as the girls bound through the nearest Walgreens, heading for the family planning aisle as quick as they could.

"Holy shit, I'm not having a baby!" He shrieked again when Janelle reached to the shelf to pull off the box that they had been searching for.

"Shut up Nicholas, you idiot. You're not having a baby."

"Patrick's having a baby" Ana interjected somberly as Janelle took her hand again, Nick's jaw dropping to the floor.

"We don't know that for sure" Janelle offered a supportive smile, remembering the close call that Ana ushered her through during their time together in college, two weeks before graduation.

Upon returning to the venue, Patrick was occupied by an intensive sound check with the band so Ana took the opportunity to take what she believed to be the most important test of her life.

Pacing in front of the bathroom door is where Patrick found Ana only minutes later, Janelle sitting anxiously on the edge of the couch fiddling with her cell phone and Nick peering over the tiny box in his hand.

"How does peeing on this little stick really tell you?" Nick pondered out loud as Patrick entered the room unnoticed.

"It just does" Ana sighed, slowing her pace, eyeing Janelle for an update.

"Three minutes, sweetie." Janelle smiled peering down at her cell phone for the fourth time.

"What's going on?" Patrick cleared his throat, making all three inhabitants of the room jump, Nick dropping the box that he was inspecting. Ana's heart was beating right out of her chest, and with a quick nervous motion, she hurried into the bathroom and shut the door behind her. Eyeing the box Nick had dropped on the floor, Patrick made his way to the bathroom door, the expression on his face never changing. Leaving Janelle and Nick to anxiously pace alone, Patrick calmly opened the door and shuffled inside.

His heart was beating right out of his chest when he found Ana in the bathroom, biting her lip nervously as she intently stared at the small object on the counter with tears in her eyes. Patrick quietly moved to her and wrapped his arms protectively around her shoulders, placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head as her body relaxed into his. Holding her for the final two minutes of their fearful wait, Patrick couldn't find the words, thoughts or feelings to fit into this very moment and his head spun as Ana's body immediately tensed up at the sound of Janelle's cell phone alarm ringing through the door, echoing off of the bathroom walls.

No words were exchanged between the couple until Ana sheepishly admitted that she couldn't look. Patrick wearily unwrapped his arms from around her body and shifted against the counter, peering down at the small little window that now held his entire future. "It's negative" He announced with no emotion in his voice, afraid to portray any of his current feelings in his tone.

Ana sighed heavy with relief, falling into Patrick's embrace, mumbling a relieved "I love you" into his chest.

"I love you too" Patrick mumbled into her hair, placing kisses atop her head, "I love you so much."

Janelle was anxiously pacing at the door when Patrick led Ana back to the dressing room, anxiously biting her finger nail, remembering the nerve wrecking events of Ana's previous not so close call. Janelle's eyes were wide when Ana raised her right arm to offer nothing but a thumbs up.

"Oh thank God" Janelle sighed, embracing her best friend in a loving, relieved hug.

"Honestly, we really haven't reached our coolness potential yet" Nick joked "So we're clearly not ready to be awesome Aunt Janelle and Uncle Nick."

Both girls laughed as they retreated to the embrace of their significant others, Patrick joking, "Well maybe I'm ready to be cool Uncle Patrick."

"Um, how about no." Nick retorted while Janelle shot Patrick a death glare before her expression softened at the site of Ana snuggling closer to Patrick, offering her highest degree of compassion.

"Happiness after surviving a major fight and a baby scare, you two are so perfect for each other it makes me sick."
Sign up to rate and review this story