Categories > Original > Romance

Whats Important

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

A short,short story that came to me.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-06 - Updated: 2007-05-06 - 292 words - Complete

0Unrated
Amy and Peter met at a church rummage sale of all places, they both reached for the same lamp, their eyes met and the rest was history. He asked her out to dinner, which she accepted, they talked for hours, about everything. When the date was over, he walked her to her front door, and kissed her lightly on the lips.
He even called the next day, soon they had started dating, than everything went wrong, his friends, all started teasing him about being henpecked. He started spending less time with her and more time with his friends.
One day she told him, "I can't do this any more I'm sorry, she told him that he had to figure out what he wanted for the rest of his life." After she broke up with him. Peter realized what he had lost.
She had packed all her things getting ready to move back home. Suddenly she heard someone yelling her name out in the street, she opened up the shade and leaned out.
Peter stood there, with a dozen roses, two of his friends holding a banner that said, "I do want you for the rest of my life." She hid a smile with her hand, opening the window up, climbing out onto the fire escape, Peter scrambled up as fast as he could, until he came to her.
He grabbed her, kissing her on the mouth. Than got down on one knee, "Amy," he began holding out a ring, "I love you more than anything else in the world, marry me." Of course she said yes, than he kissed her, right there, in front of his friends, in front of all New York, he didn't care, he had found what was important.
Sign up to rate and review this story