Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Covet

Covet

by IlluminatedDeath 1 review

Reno is kidnapped, and saved by a mysterious man. Who is this man? And why was Reno kidnapped in the first place?

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Reno, Rude, Rufus Shinra, Tseng, Vincent Valentine - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-09 - Updated: 2007-05-09 - 578 words

1Original
Chapter I Title: Rescued
Rating: T
Warning(s): implied violence
Pairing(s): none

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Final Fantasy games, nor the characters from them.

Summary: Reno is kidnapped, and saved by a mysterious man. Who is this man? And why was Reno kidnapped in the first place?

Author's Notes: This came out better than I thought it would. Anyway, please review, but no flames. Also, as you can (hopefully) tell, this story will be multi-chapter. Don't give up on me so easily!

~~~~~~~

Reno had many a time been in a sticky situation, but never did the think that he'd be in a situation like this. Not only had he been kidnapped by a bunch of amateurs, but he was also now facing death. Usually, he would think of something, anything, to be considered a good thing, but not here; he saw no bright side to this predicament. Either way, he'd probably end up being killed. If not by these amateurs, then by Shinra. The only way he would be able to escape, or be released, was if he went against President Shinra and the Turks. If he didn't escape, he'd no doubt die from the poison coursing through his veins. That, or being tortured to death.

He'd been tied up and left in the basement of some old warehouse; left in the dark for hours until they came to torture him or inject more of the poisonous fluid into his veins. He only hoped Tseng or Rude would actually figure out that no mission, however difficult it was, would take this long for Reno to complete. The only way he'd live was if he was rescued and cured in the next day or two, two if he was lucky.

The poison was definitely affecting him. It wasn't like any poison he had ever heard of. This poison didn't cause any physical reactions, except for the paralyzing of the muscles. At first, he had thought that he was tired, and considered the fact that he wasn't sweating profusely and shaking to be a good sign. That is, until they had come back, whip and several knives in hands. His blood, it turned out, was dark violet in color, showing that the poison was already doing what it was supposed to. That was when the shivering and sweating began.

He was saved by the one person he thought would gladly watch him die. His "captures" had, once again, left him a shivering, bloody mess on the floor. Then he had walked in: the man whose name had temporarily escaped Reno. He had walked in, casually, as if he owned the place, and wrapped his torn cloak around Reno's naked body, picking him up in the process. Reno had tried to ask him something, but was quieted immediately by the pain wracking his body.

The man had taken him to a fancy-looking apartment and cleaned him up, afterwards laying him in a soft bed and wandering off. Reno had drifted into a fitful slumber, and was woken sometime later by the man telling him something was going to hurt. At that moment, Reno's mind had been too hazy to understand what the man had said, but he soon realized what he had meant when he felt something pierce his skin. He looked down, watching in morbid fascination as the man injected a clear fluid into his vein. Reno passed out shortly after, probably from the pain.
Sign up to rate and review this story