Categories > Games > Silent Hill > Attraction

Mythical Characters in a Deserted Town

by ElhanaDemon 0 reviews

We meet Raven, who in turn meets a rather eccentric character

Category: Silent Hill - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Horror - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-13 - Updated: 2007-05-13 - 849 words

0Unrated
Silent - Fucking - Hill.

God, how she hated the place. Her parents dragged her there three times when she was younger. Three, boring, worthless times. They thought she loved it, of course. She never told them how she felt about the place. How...how creepy it was. Because he liked it. He liked it a lot. And she did as her brother did. Always. Always.

Sighing, she shook her head. She was pissed off enough without having to think of him/. She couldn't help a stray wish floating into her thoughts, the wish that was constantly nestled in the back of her mind: If only I'd stuck up for myself. If only I'd told them. I wish I had. /But she was used to getting rid of that one. She'd had enough years experience.

That they wanted to meet her here! Here! Sodding here! She smiled. "Sodding". A word she'd picked up from her new home.

She'd had to fly all the way from England to America to come to Silent Hill! She rolled her eyes./ Enough Raven. You're here to see your parents after a year. Suck it up and get on with it /She swallowed and found her mouth dry. She grinned self consciously: seems her anger was to hide her fear. And it had taken her that long to notice. So much for "like, being totally aware of your feelings all the time, man" as her room-mate constantly advised her to be. Her grin grew wider - her psychedelic roomy always made her smile. They'd grown close over the last year, a friendship which surprised everyone - Raven, the uptight, prim and proper American and Nimawae (she swore blind it was her real name), the laid backed, hippy Brit. Raven had to confess she'd been a bit annoyed when she saw who she would have to share her life with while at Uni, but within the first hour they hit it off.

She glanced at the clock in the car. Half an hour before they were due to meet. At least their rendezvous was at the one half decent place in this crummy town - Lakeside Amusement Park. That thought cheered her - she could get some candy floss (/cotton candy!/) from the guys in the bunny suits, like she did when she was little. That would be sort of fun.

With memories of sickly sweet sugar smeared around the face of her five year old self, she shut off the car radio and got out. She'd parked on the outskirts of the small town out of habit to save money on parking, but still, it seemed odd that there were no other cars around. It was the middle of summer, after all, and Silent Hill is primarily a tourist town. Ha, maybe it's not so popular anymore. Good. She felt an odd, sort of smug satisfaction that the town might have lost its trade, and immediately felt guilty for it. If that was the case, loads of residents must be unemployed.

Except...there was no one around. No tourists, but no residents either. No kiddies playing, no teenagers mooching around on street corners, no ladies chatting. She knew she was on the very outskirts, but surely...this wasn't natural? Shivering uneasily, she continued on her way, trying to convince herself that the slowly thickening fog was to blame for this. That was making her shiver. And no one wants to go out in the fog do they? No, if it weren't for this meeting she'd be wrapped up warm inside with a hot chocolate. That's why there was no one around.

"Yeah, reckon that's it man"

Raven shrieked and whirled round to see -

"Nimawae?"

The figure behind her stepped back. "Woh now, pretty lady, I think you've got me confused in your mind. I'm Merlin, princess, though I'd be glad if you could tell me where Nimawae is, y'know?"

Raven blinked in the fog and saw that the figure was indeed a man. He looked a lot like her friend though. And was apparently just as weird.

"Sorry, er...Merlin. I was - you look a lot like my friend. Sorry"

"No problem, princess, I guess I was like, totally in the wrong for scaring you in this mystical fog which enshrouds us. So I guess I would apologise, except with fate an' all, everythin' happens for a reason. So I guess I shouldn't apologise in case I incur the wrath of sweet Lady Luck"

I take it back. He's weirder than Nim. Sheesh. Smiling politely, she replied: "Ok, no problem. I was just a little freaked out that there's no one around..."

"But you think it's because of the fog yeah? Or that the little tourist town's gone bust? Out of the cycle of the money machine" His smile was...eerie. "I know, princess, you were thinking loud enough for the real Ravens to hear."

His words sunk in. "Wait, wha-"

"Well, princess, I can't hang around. Gotta find some...yeah..." Muttering to himself, he turned and vanished into the fog before Raven could compose herself enough to stop him.
Sign up to rate and review this story