Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Nobody's Angel

Nobody's Angel

by IlluminatedDeath 0 reviews

They were always jealous of his happy, carefree nature; always jealous of how he could always wear a smile on his face and not be fazed by anything that they said or did to him. Some of them wanted...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Axel, Demyx, Larxene, Lexaeus, Luxord, Marluxia, Roxas, Saix, Vexen, Xaldin, Xemnas, Xigbar, Zexion - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-18 - Updated: 2007-05-19 - 1267 words

0Unrated
Chapter I Title: The Truth Revealed
Rating: T
Warning(s): none
Pairing(s): implied Zexion/Demyx

Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts, nor do I own the characters from said game.

Summary: They were always jealous of his happy, carefree nature; always jealous of how he could always wear a smile on his face and not be fazed by anything that they said or did to him. Some of them wanted to see that happy exterior wilt; see it crumble until they saw his true nature. In an "experiment," they told him some things that even they didn't believe, just wanting to see that happy exterior crumble for once. They really didn't get what they bargained for, though.
{I: Some of them just don't want to believe the truths of being a Nobody. One particularly carefree neophyte is forced to learn the harsh truth.}

Author's Notes:
At first, this chapter was supposed to be a mini-chapter for my other KH story, 'Til Death, We'll Always Be Together, but then the ideas for this series just kept coming, thus forming another multi-chapter fanfic. I find myself to be quite mean to Demy-kun, and then upset that I made him do such bad things... Forgive me. Read on! n_n Please review also. Reviews are sustenance. No reviews, and I go bye-bye.

~~~~~~~

It was just a simple test. They only said it because they were jealous of the way he always acted, so carefree and "happy". They didn't really expect the reaction they got from him. After all, it had only been a joke. None of them really wanted that smile and sparkling eyes to go away forever. His smiles were their safe haven; they protected them from the harsh realities of being a Nobody. They never expected the smile that kept them all content to be erased. If they had, they never would've done it.

~*~

"Demyx, that smile you wear means nothing to any of us, you know that, right? Do you think that smiling will make you 'happy'? You are a /Nobody/, Demyx. You have no /heart/, meaning you can't feel happiness." Saïx stood, scolding the smiling boy. The smile didn't wave at the words, so Saïx decided to take a different approach. "You are with Zexion, are you not?" Demyx nodded, then Saïx continued, "he thinks you to be foolish." Demyx's smile began to wilt at the edges.

~*~

They all had their weaknesses. Zexion couldn't resist the looks Demyx were always giving him, and Xigbar could never resist the urge to smash down Demyx's or Axel's gelled hair, just to see the looks that crossed their faces.

Vexen couldn't resist randomly kidnapping the Organization members and conducting experiments on them, and Xemnas always had to make Saïx feel uncomfortable around him.

Saïx couldn't stop himself from listening to Demyx play his sitar, and Lexaeus always had to work out.

Marluxia always had to drag Larxene into his garden, and Larxene could never resist the urge to trample on the flowers.

Axel always had to bug Roxas, and Roxas could never resist running away from him or teasing him.

Xaldin and Luxord were obsessed with the same thing: cards; they never stopped playing them.

Demyx had quite a unique weakness: his "feelings" for Zexion


~*~

"Haven't you ever wondered why he always hides away in IV's lab? He can't stand being around you. Axel doesn't 'like' you either, nor does Roxas or Xigbar. You are a hassle to all of us. /Useless/, as Zexion would say. Hmm... I wond-" He glanced back to where Demyx had been standing, only to see the end of the blond's jacket go around the corner. The blue-haired man sighed, "he'll get over it. He always does."

~*~

"I think we're overdoing it a little," Axel stated that night.

Everyone, excluding Demyx, was crowded around a table, receiving their missions from Xemnas. Ever since they started trying to change the Nocturne's attitude, they hadn't gotten very important missions. Currently, they were deciding on whether they should continue their little "experiment" or not.

The redhead continued what he was saying at the curious looks he got from the other members, "I saw Demyx on the way here," he began, catching their attention. They didn't know that he was resisting the urge to jump up and strangle Saïx right then and there. "Okay... You know how he always greets everyone with a big smile and a wave?" They nodded, urging him to continue. He clenched his jaw. "We have to stop messing with his head! He wouldn't even look at me! Dammit, this wasn't supposed to happen!"

"Number VIII, what are you talking about?" Saïx asked, voice indifferent. He didn't care to listen to the redhead if all he was going to do was complain about their newly found experiment.

"This is your fault!" Axel shouted in return, clenching his fists. "What did you say to him, you asshole!" Saïx rolled his eyes and glanced down the table at Zexion. Axel's eyes widened. "What did you tell him about Zexion?"

"We all know that number IX's 'weakness' is number VI. Unlike you, I have taken that and used it for my advantage," Saïx sneered, returning the glares that Zexion, Xigbar, Axel, and Roxas were giving him.

~*~

"Dem? Let me in. It's Zexion." The Cloaked Schemer stood outside of Demyx's door, nearly begging the blond to let him into his room. "Dem, whatever Saïx told you, it's not true. He's just trying to mess with your head. Don't listen to anything he says," Zexion explained.

The door opened to reveal Demyx's usually smiling face, the smile missing. The blond fixed Zexion with a blank stare, then moved aside to let the shorter boy in. They sat on the bed, looked at each other, and Zexion briefly prayed that Demyx would show some hint of his former self, even if it was to cry.

No such luck.

"I mean it when I say that I love you, you know that, right?" Zexion asked, a spark of hope showing in his eyes. Please, please, don't let what Saïx said ruin his innocence. Like he said, he really did love the boy, but if Demyx didn't believe him now, then there would be no point in even trying to feel.

"Don't be silly, Zexy," Demyx started, eyes hollow, voice uncaring. He still didn't have that small smile he wore when he would tease Zexion. "We're Nobodies. We don't have hearts, nor do we have emotions. You can't love if you don't have a heart." It seemed as if the words had been engraved into his mind. The same words had been said by Saïx and Xemnas when they had all been coerced into joining the Organization.

Zexion clenched his jaw, standing up and walking out of Demyx's room. He headed to Axel's room, where they had decided to go if Zexion couldn't get through to Demyx. The blond-haired boy was obviously taking what Saïx told him seriously; he was taking it way more seriously than they thought he would have.

~*~

The redhead was sitting on his bed, talking animatedly with Roxas and Xigbar. The room quieted when Zexion stepped through the door. "He's not there," he whispered, and the three tensed, knowing exactly what Zexion meant. Demyx was there, just not the Demyx that they had grown to rely on. The Demyx that was there now was unfeeling. They would have to get to know Demyx all over again for what Saïx had told him.
Sign up to rate and review this story