Categories > Anime/Manga > Card Captor Sakura

Teddy Bears

by vulgar_vogue 0 reviews

[Meiling x Tomoyo] Meiling is nervous about giving the person she loves her teddy bear, but she soon realizes that there is nothing to be nervous about.

Category: Card Captor Sakura - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Tomoyo - Published: 2007-05-19 - Updated: 2007-05-19 - 900 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Title: Teddy Bears
Length: one shot
Fandom: Cardcaptor Sakura
Pairing: Meiling/Tomoyo
Rating: PG
Genre: fluff
Disclaimer/Claimer: I do not own, Card Captor Sakura, Tomoyo, or Meiling. They belong to clamp. I am also not making money from this.
Summary: Meiling is nervous about giving the person she loves her teddy bear, but she soon realizes that there is nothing to be nervous about.

Meiling twisted, the bed sheets wrapping around her body. She groaned. Something was disturbing her sleep and Meiling hated it when her sleep was disturbed. Still half unconscious she punched a near by pillow and opened her eyes. She glared at the clock. "Four in the morning," She mumbled. After a few moments of groaning and cursing to herself Meiling realized that she was not going to fall back asleep anytime soon.

She sat up, still tangled in the bed sheets, and yawned. Straight ahead of her on a chair was a teddy bear that Meiling had made the night before. She was up late last night trying to sew the last bits of it together. "Stupid bear," Meiling mumbled to herself. "It's your fault that I cannot get any sleep." She crawled to the end of the bed, pulling the bed sheets off of her as she did so. "She probably doesn't even feel the same," she said staring the handmade stuff animal straight in the eyes. Meiling sighed.

Meiling climbed out of bed and grabbed the teddy bear from the chair. "Since I'm awake might as well get something to eat."

She made her way to the kitchen, and when she got there she went right for the cereal and milk. "I don't even know why I decided to make you," Meiling said to the brown teddy bear. "She's not going to accept you, and then I'll be stuck with an ugly stuff animal to remind me of my rejection." Meiling poured the cereal and milk into a bowl. She pulled out a spoon and started to munch away on the cereal while the teddy bear sat across from her on the kitchen counter.

"Maybe I shouldn't give you to her," Meiling said. She looked at the teddy bear and it was as if the stuff animal was telling her to try. Meiling had a new sense of hope. She was still nervous, the most nervous she had ever been, but she had made up her mind. Today would be the day that she gave her the teddy bear and confessed her feelings. "You better not let me down," She said pointing the spoon at the teddy bear.

Just then the doorbell rang. "Who could that be at this hour?" She raised an eyebrow and looked to the teddy bear before deciding to grab it for protection. Meiling walked over to the door, unlocked it, and opened it up just enough so that she could see the other person.

"Good morning Meiling," A gentle voice greeted her.

Meiling's eyes widened. "Tomoyo!" She exclaimed as she opened the door all the way. Tomoyo was standing there in one of her pretty dresses with her hands behind her back and a soft smile on her face. "What are you doing here? It's-"

"Four thirty-eight," Tomoyo cut her off. "I am sorry. I know it is very early but I could not wait any long."

"Is something wrong?" Meiling asked worriedly.

Tomoyo shook her head. She brought her arms out from behind her, and in her hands she was holding a teddy bear. Meiling gasped. "I love you Meiling," Tomoyo said. Meiling's heart was thumping loudly in her chest. She couldn't grasp what had just happened, did Tomoyo just confess to her?

"Tomoyo..." Meiling was speechless.

"Will you accept it?" Tomoyo asked nervously.

Meiling snapped back to reality once she got over the shock that Tomoyo felt the same way about her. "Of course!" She exclaimed as she took the teddy bear from the other girl's hands.

Tomoyo felt every muscle in her body relax as a huge grin spread across her face. "I'm so glad. I was so scared," She said.

Meiling giggled. She looked down at the teddy bear in her hand and smiled. "Will you accept mine?" She said holding it out to Tomoyo.

Tomoyo laughed. "Of course I will." She reached for the teddy bear. "It looks like we had the same idea." Both girls laughed.

"Would you like to come inside?" Meiling asked.

Tomoyo shook her head. "I can't. I have to go home and get ready for school. But we can walk to school together," Tomoyo smiled.

"Okay," Meiling answered with a smile of her own.

"And maybe do something together after school?"

"I would love to." Meiling said.

The two girls said their goodbyes and waved to each other with the promise to have a date that afternoon. Meiling watched the other girl until she got into the black car and was out of sight. Closing the door Meiling sighed and smiled. She looked down at the teddy bear with the little pink ribbons tied around its ears. She could not believe it. She could not believe what had just happened so for a moment she just stood there holding the teddy bear in her hands and playing with its ears.

She brought the teddy bear up to her chest and gave it a squeeze. "I love you Tomoyo."
Sign up to rate and review this story