Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > An F in Consumer

Day Zero

by noisee 0 reviews

First impressions are always lovely.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Rufus Shinra, Yuffie Kisaragi - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-12-26 - Updated: 2006-12-27 - 854 words

1Funny
An F in Consumer
Day Zero

Yuffie Kisaragi is a good person. Really. As a fourteen-year-old, four-foot-eleven-inches stick figure, how could she be anything else?

Sure, she has a habit of making things disappear, being rude to the customers, and telling her dad to "fuck off" every time he starts on his 'family business' speeches, but that doesn't make her a bad person. She is generally a happy-go-lucky kinda gal. All smiles and sticky fingers.

'Coz if you can smile through anything, you're a good person, right? I mean, Aerith's always smiling, and she's the nicest person I've ever known. Like, ever.

She can hear the bass of her father's voice rumbling in the next room over; his emphasis sometimes falls on the wrong syllables, a thing he does when he's under stress, like when he's trying to keep his anger in check. Of course, Yuffie has personally never experienced this, for father has no qualms about yelling at his daughter. She does, however, have ample oppourtunity to observe while he converses with business associates. His words get more and more off with each level his suppressed anger grows to.

"... Be/ne/ficial to the comp/any/, yes... Full compli/ance/ to all demands..."

It is embarrassing, really, for him to have such a trait, but it isn't often that it slips out. Godo Kisaragi is quite adept at keeping his voice level during interactions with rivalling companies; this company is the ever-present exception to the rule. No matter what it's about, if he's talking to President ShinRa, then he would inevitably begin to slip. It is on the bad days that he slips in the other man's presence.

Today is a very bad day.

So just keep smiling. Yea. And then you can go to school with Tifa and Cloud-

The door slides open, revealing her very surly looking father and his business associate, smug grin in place. Next to him stands a young man- make that young, handsome man. Her jaw almost drops; the resemblance between his smirk and President Shinra's is uncanny. He's also got the softest-looking blond hair she's ever seen, even softer than Cloud's! Some of it falls over his eye, but came nowhere near obscuring his vision.

She meets his gaze.

Brown locks with the coldest blue she's ever known.

"I'm so glad we've been able to come to an agreement, Godo," the President drawls, "and even happier to see that you've viewed things from our perspective. Wutai's port will become a vital location as soon as we convert it. It will be put to good use, I assure you."

Yuffie can see that this young man's smile does not meet his eyes. She feels like it never will, and that startles her. Is this what her father faces, day in, day out? Is this who she'll be up against when she takes over the family business?

The two of them are leaving, now, just stepping into the newly arrived elevator. Godo's irritation is almost palpable from where Yuffie stands next to him, but she is distracted by the younger Shinra. His eyes have yet to let hers go.

"I do hope Miss Kisaragi here enjoys it at Midgar High, though she'll have some difficulty with competition like Rufus, here," President Shinra pats his son on the back, two cold, stiff movements. Rufus smirks at her, looking infuriatingly smug despite his obvious discomfort at his father's gesture. He's more annoying with that simple expression than her stupid cat Cait has ever been!

Fuck smiling.

As the doors close, Yuffie scowls at the young man, and brazenly gives him the finger. It's comforting to know that he'll drop twenty floors alone with his frigid father and his indignation.

`x---

Rufus Shinra is an only child, the sole heir to his father's multimillion dollar company. He was born in luxury, raised in luxury, and plans to die in luxury. His father has never hugged him and, at eighteen, he doesn't really care. Physically, he yearns for nothing; he is good-looking, good-feeling and good-sounding. He sleeps in a room in his own wing of a mansion. He is popular with men and women alike, and genuinely talented at almost everything he does.

Rufus Shinra has just been flipped off by a freshman, and he is not happy about it.

Rufus Shinra takes shit from noone.

The elevator slides on down, unyielding for any other patron of the building; it seems that today is a slow day, and there's nobody to interrupt the stony silence he and the President share. It is unbearable, but, raised as the heir to Shinra Electricity, he can bear it. He fidgets, however, dealing internally with the blatant disrespect that wisp of a girl had given him.

"Stop that," President Shinra snaps.

Rufus stops.

He spends the next ten floors deciding to get back at the girl in his court- he has no idea why she wants to transfer to his school in the middle of the year, but he'll make sure she regrets it.

Nobody disrespects Rufus Shinra.

`x---

A few blocks away, a girl sells the day's first flower.
Sign up to rate and review this story