Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Really Need Caffeine

The Transformation

by Caitydidsworld 1 review

Getting ready for the concert

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-05-21 - Updated: 2007-05-22 - 673 words

2Original
"Oh, shit." Scott glared at his now former friend. He started to hustle Mari away from the table pausing only long enough to snatch up the action figure.

Mari, still looking dazed, was yanked a couple of steps toward the door before she stopped and turned back toward where Gerard was still bent over his brother. He looked up and met her gaze. "Be careful," she mouthed, before turning to wind her way out of the store.

Scott, clearly agitated, drug Mari around the corner. "Now, tell me what the hell that was all about" he hissed. Mari shrugged and shook her head.

"I don't know. I had to talk to him. She wanted to warn him about something. I just kept hearing her voice, but she was talking so fast. It was so confusing. I don't know." She shook her head again. "How did I get out here?"

Scott glanced over Mari's shoulder. His eyes grew large. He let out a yelp and grabbed Mari's hand. He almost pulled her off her feet dragging her further down the sidewalk. "Come on. Their manager just came out. I bet he's looking for you. Let's get out of here before they slap you in leg irons."

"I thought I was the only one excited about tonight" Scott said watching his friend pacing. They were now in his apartment getting ready for the big My Chem concert. Anticipation of the concert had thrown the book-signing incident out of Scott's head. Let's face it; he had the attention span of a gnat when it came to anything but My Chemical Romance. But Mari was looking worried.

"Get over here, girl. I'm going to make you look fan-tab-u-lous for tonight. One of us is getting lucky tonight or my name isn't Mrs. Scott Way.

Mari raised one eyebrow and stopped pacing. "It's not."

"Well, whatever. Get over here. You're going to look like a fan and not embarrass me.... again. Ach, I wish I had time to do something with that hair," he said fingering her mousy brown locks. "You really need to let me color it one of these days. I have an idea. Hurry up. We have to leave soon."

"What? I thought the concert wasn't until tonight."

"Look, girlie. We have to be up front. That means we have to be first in line."

Mari groaned. "Not another line."

Forty-five minutes later and much poking and prodding late, Scott stepped back and pronounced Mari 'adequate'.

"I feel stupid. Can't I just wear my own clothes?" She was now wearing black jeans and tee (complete with rib cage) topped with a black jacket that sported skull buttons, silver studs and laced up in the back like a corset. Of course, it was neatly trimmed in black lace. Nothing says femininity like skulls and lace. Her hair now had magenta highlights.

"Look, Sweetie. Black is slimming. You should wear it more often." Scott pirouetted. "Look at me. He'll never be able to resist me." He was dressed in his replica of the Death Parade uniforms. "Now, let's get out of here."

The duo arrived at the arena a little after 3:00. For hosting such a major concert, the place was remarkably quiet. The lot had scarcely any cars and there were few people milling around.

"I know I'm going to regret that I didn't think to ask this earlier but exactly what time does the concert start?"

Scott cheerfully answered, "8:00" Mari groaned.

"Come on, girl. Josh told me to go in gate D. It's the closest to the pit. Let's go.... let's go.... let's go" Scott was practically dancing in place.

They located the gate and discovered that Scott was not the only one with the idea of arriving hours ahead. Soon Scott was happily listening to CDs and swapping MCR stories with the others. Mari sat on the sidewalk, leaned against the building and closed her eyes.

A half hour later, the joyous chorus of "Mama, we're all gonna die" was interrupted by a heart-stopping scream.
Sign up to rate and review this story