Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Flowers for her grave

by nahgiemecra 1 review

roy/riza please dont hate it's my first real story, not poem to post!

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Published: 2007-05-21 - Updated: 2007-05-22 - 516 words - Complete

-1Boring
Flowers for Her Grave

The young man walked down the street with the little angel-looking boy clinging to his hand- putting so much pressure on it that you would think he wanted to break the older man's wrist.
If you knew the man, you would know why he did not reprimand the boy.
The man continued to walk with all the pride of an eagle, even with the boy, (which everyone knew was his son), clinging tightly to him. Suddenly, the man took a sharp turn and headed in the direction of my flower shop.
"Hello," I greeted him with a smile, looking upon the boy. "What may I do for you two?" I asked.
"Hello," he mumbled rather nervously, looking around before clearing his throat. "I was wondering," he continued in a voice fit for an older man, "If you have any bouquets of more um...natural flowers, like those growing in a field for no apparent reason?" I noticed he described every thing very specifically; he must be a military man, I thought.
"I need the flowers for a grave, but they can't be too formal. The person they are for wouldn't appreciate them as much if they were..."
"Oh, yes of course, of course," I got a key and unlocked a door to a room I almost never went in; everyone nowadays wants roses and tulips. "Ok, follow me sir, "
"It's Mustang. Roy Mustang."
"Yes, very well, Mr. Mustang. Um... I don't mean to pry, but who is this for?" "My wife...she um..."he got teary eyed, "She got shot helping our country and trying to protect our son at the same time," he said grudgingly. The little boy simply snuggled into his father's side, squeezing the coat's black cloth between his little pale fingers.
"I'm so sorry, I never should have asked!"
"No it's ok, it's my fault anyways... I should have been there for her," He stated rather harshly as he walked the perimeter of the room. He stopped suddenly, picking up a bouquet of purple, yellow, blue and white flowers. "Perfect," he mumbled to no one in particular.
I brought the flowers to my cash register. "7.51 is your total, sir."
"Here,"
"Thank you, goodbye," I called as they left my shop. The little boy turned and waved adorably, with a little grin on his face as he carried the flowers for his mom.
Not long after, I closed up shop and headed out the door. On my walk home I happened to pass the graveyard, where I wandered around a bit and found a grave- stone that read:
Riza Mustang
Devoted soldier, loving wife and mother
Died age 32- shot by an enemy soldier
She will be missed.
I saw a perfect arrangement of purple, yellow, blue and white flowers propped up against it with a photo of a pretty blonde lady with glittery mahogany eyes. Her hair was in a clip; she was wearing a military uniform, and holding a beautiful little baby boy in her arms. Her husband, Mr. Mustang, was hugging her from behind, all three smiling.
Sign up to rate and review this story