Categories > Books > Harry Potter > When Goodbye Was A Word

When Goodbye Was A Word

by DBZVegeta 0 reviews

Draco Malfoy's deepest secret has been found out by his only love and with it comes the one thing that he never thought could happen to them. Songfic - When Goodbye Was A Word by Trisha Yearwood. ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Draco, Harry - Published: 2007-05-21 - Updated: 2007-05-22 - 645 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
Fic title: When Goodbye Was A Word (Other People Said)
Author: DBZ Vegeta
Summary: Draco Malfoy's deepest secret has been found out by his only love and with it comes the one thing that he never thought could happen to them. Songfic - When Goodbye Was A Word by Trisha Yearwood. Written for Feb Hideaway Songfic #2 Challenge.
Chapter: 1 / 1
Word Count: 419/543
Category: Angst
Beta: Raisinous Fiendling
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.

~*~

Stars would shine on stormy nights
Flowers grew in winter time
Everything seemed possible
When we were in love


~*~

Draco stared up into the dark, cloudy night, wondering when things had gone so wrong. There had been times before when they would lie out under such skies and the stars would shine so brightly for them alone.

He remembered times when they took walks in the snowy wintertime, and his love would cast charms to grow flowers for him in a secluded snow-filled meadow. They would sit among the flowers and bask in each other's love.

Everything seemed possible then. No worries about war or death, no worries about what their friends and families would say if they found out about them.

They were in love and nothing else mattered.

~*~

When forever was what other people lost
This lonesome valley was what other people crossed
No I couldn't taste the tears other people shed
When goodbye was a word other people said


~*~

Forever was supposed to be what other people lost, not they. They had plans for the rest of their lives. Home, children, grandchildren and even that blasted pet his love wanted so badly.

He shuddered as a cold wind blew down across the land, wrapping him in its chilly embrace. This lonesome valley of sadness was what other people had to cross, not he. He was supposed to be wrapped up in the warmth and light of his love, not shivering in the coldness of the blackest night of his life.

Tears began to slowly slide down his cold cheeks and he tried to ignore the salty taste of them. No, he wasn't going to taste the tears that others were supposed to shed. He furiously ran his hand over his face, wiping away the betrayal of his emotions.

He wasn't meant to hear that word come from his love's lips. It was a word that other people said.

~*~

Rivers flowed, a bridge would burn
The nights would end, the earth still turned
Yesterday was just a song to sing
In the world we knew


~*~

Yet the world would continue on without his light. Rivers would flow, and flowers would grow, and the sun would rise and set. His beloved had burned the bridge between them, the bridge of their love--the one thing that had kept them going all these past terrible years.

He knew this night would end and the earth would still turn. He would rise and continue on, though he felt like his heart would break from the weight of his sorrow. Yesterday would be just another song that people would sing, another lonesome story.

He would continue on in the world that he knew, but it would be less the one person that he thought had loved him above all else.

~*~

When forever was what other people lost
This lonesome valley was what other people crossed
No I couldn't taste the tears other people shed
When goodbye was a word other people said
When goodbye was a word other people said


~*~

As the sun began to creep over the horizon, he stood and said the one thing that he thought he would never have to say.

"Goodbye, Harry."
Sign up to rate and review this story