Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

My Dark Angel

by Momi 0 reviews

Sorry it took so long, but I've been trying to get people to message me on my Inuyasha story, Forever More, but no one has and it's really irritating. SO I decided to give you all, the people who m...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gaara - Published: 2007-05-25 - Updated: 2007-05-26 - 2238 words

-1MarySue
Later that day I was out in the market looking at the shops Gaara had shown me yesterday. I was standing in front of a large book store looking at a couple books that looked rather interesting.
"Do you like to read?" It was a girl about a year older than me with blonde hair pulled up into four ponytails and shinning blue eyes.
"Yeah, it's one of my pass times."
"Hmmm, what books do you like?" I looked at her for a second, honestly it was strange that she was talking to me, I mean she doesn't even know me!
"Um, I like fantasy and mystery, mostly. One of my favorites is the Dark Secrets series. I'm waiting for the next book to come out."
"What are they about?" she asked turning away from the window to look at me; she look genuinely intrigued.
"Um, mostly about underlying secrets that people would kill to keep in the dark. The main character pretty much always falls in love with someone in the book. The first one was about a reincarnation, the second one was about a girls who returns home after her mother was murdered a couple of years back. The third one, which happens to be my favorite, is about a girl who goes to a summer drama camp where her sister used to go, her sister was murdered. She discovers things about herself, her life, her sister, and the people around her that all seem to build up to the climax. All in all it's really amazing, my favorite out of the series so far! The fourth book is about a girl whose parents ran away with her as a small child and she returns as a tutor to the estate. However, what she finds there is more than she bargained for." I said, proud that I even remembered this stuff.
The girl smiled and grabbed my hand and led me away from the window and down the street. "You sound like you really like enjoy them."
"Yup!" I exclaimed giving her a sweet smile. She watched me for a second.
"I'm Temari, Gaara's sister. Thank you so much for being so nice to him!" I was shocked. This girl was Gaara sans sister? Amazing! She's so pretty! But I was also shocked to hear her say that as well, I mean the part about being nice to him.
"What do you mean 'Being nice to him'?!" I asked looking at her like she was nuts. "Why aren't people nice to him?!" I exclaimed angrily.
Temari smiled at seeing my reaction. "He's different, that's all, and I'll let him explain it."
I was just about to ask why, but someone else came up and put me in a head lock saying, "So, this is my little brother's girlfriend! Welcome to the family!" he released me and I turned to look at him. He was the same age as Temari. He wore all black: a black jumpsuit with a symbol in on his chest. It looked like a white circle with yellow and maroon in the middle. He also wore a black hat that made him look like he had cat ears, purple make up like marking all over his face, and on his back was something, it was all wrapped up so I didn't know what it was.
"Kankuro you shouldn't sneak up on her like that! You could have killed her and then Gaara would have killed you!" Temari joked. Kankuro turned to you.
"Well, we certainly are pretty, aren't we?" Kankuro said smiling. "I knew Gaara would find someone, I knew it! I'm his older brother, though I'm younger than her." he said pointing at Temari.
"What are you doing? I sincerely hope you're not bothering her." It was Gaara. Turning on my heels I found Gaara standing fairly close to me.
"Hi Gaara-sama!" I said happily, a giant smile upon my face.
Gaara looked down at me and nodded a slight smirk lightening his face, before disappearing as he turned his attention to his siblings. "Are they bothering you?" he asked seriously.
"No, of course not! You've got quite an interesting family!" I giggled.
The siblings looked at me before smiling, well except for Gaara his face stayed emotionless, but his eyes showed humor. Temari came over and hugged me, waved and left. Kankuro ruffled my hair and followed suit, leaving Gaara and I alone together. "So how are you, Gaara-sama?"
"Fine?" He was silent for a moment. "How are you?" He sounded embarrassed and there was even a slight flush that passed over his cheeks as he asked me this.
"I'm great now!" I said happily. His eyes widen suddenly, but quickly the emotionless look was back.
"Why? What makes now so great?" he asked.
"Well," I started, blushing madly and smiling happily, "because you're here now!" Gaara didn't say anything, instead he just grabbed my hand, but this time instead of pulling me roughly down the street he gently tugged my hand. I couldn't help but smile. I mean seriously, come on, this is like a dream come true! I never really imagined ever meeting someone like Gaara. Yeah, he's defiantly different, but he's soo sweet! Chuckling to myself I walked happily beside the red head, who gave me a weird look.
"Why are you laughing?" he asked.
"Oh, I was just thinking, that's all!" I smiled. 'Those eyes! I love those eyes! They defiantly make up for the loss of expression on his face. I guess it's a good thing I can read peoples eyes well!'
"About--." He was about to ask me something, but someone roughly bumped into me, knocking me to the ground.
"Watch where you're going, pipsqueak! Next time I'll make you pay for being in my way!" A man, who appeared to be drunk, towered over me.
"I'm terribly sorry, sir. I'll be much more careful, I promise!" I hate causing a scene that's why I didn't say anything, especially when the persons drunk. I've had too many bad experiences with drunk folk to actually do anything. So I just got up and hurried to Gaara's side. It wasn't until I was right beside him that I noticed the look on his face. To tell you the truth, it kind of scared me. My sisters used to tell me all the time when I got really mad that the look on my face was bone chilling, I'm guessing that mine had nothing on this one. "Gaara, its okay, come on." I said as I took his hand, but he didn't budge. The drunk seemed to notice his look too, because he came right up to Gaara and grabbed him by the front of his shirt and shook him violently.
"What'd ya think you're staring at boy!" he yelled. The look on Gaara's face was one of total and utter disgust. Sand started to pour of from his gourd again, but this time it wasn't meant to transport Gaara and I some where else, this time it was a weapon. The sand wrapped it's self around the drunken man until only his face was visible. By now the man was screaming as he realized it was Gaara me was facing and that he'd made a really horrid mistake. Glaring Gaara made the sand lift the man off the ground and at least ten feet in the air. I watched as Gaara slowly started to close his raised hand and the sand around the man slowly constrict in response.
"AHHHHHH!" the man screamed in agony; tears were now pouring down his face.
"Gaara-sama, stop! Please! You're going to kill him!" I cried. I ran to him, grabbed his arm and looked him straight in the eyes. They were angry and disgusted. "Gaara-sama, please! He's drunk, he doesn't know what he's doing!" Gaara looked at me for a moment before nodding and dropping the man on the floor. "Thank you." I whispered. Gaara looked at me and then at the man behind us, whom he glared at.
"Let's go." he growled as he took my hand. I nodded and smiled at him.
"You're still go to go with him? He's a MONSTER!" The man yelled pointing at Gaara. Now that really pissed me off. It was one thing to be sloshed and a completely different to be an ass! I didn't care who he thought he was, but he wasn't get away with that.
I quickly shot Gaara a concerned look. Gaara was staring at his feet with an emotionless look, but his eyes were so sad and hurt. This angered me even more. I let go of Gaara's hand, turned on my heels and slammed my fist into the middle of his face breaking his nose.
"Monster? Gaara-sama a monster?!" I exclaimed; my face quickly taking on disgust, "The only monster I see here is you." I turned on my heels, grabbed Gaara's hand and stalked off. How could that man be so cruel to Gaara? I don't care what he or anyone else says; my Gaara-sama is no monster! When we had gotten far enough away I looked around to see exactly where we were; a park. In the middle of the park was a giant metal jungle gym, across from that was a large slide and a castle like playground. Off to the right was a small, two seat swing set. I lead led Gaara over to them and took a seat; Gaara stood in front of me. I couldn't see his face, but I could see his feet; he hadn't moved.
"Why did you do that? Protect me like that?" he whispered suddenly. I looked up at him and found him staring at me.
"Why wouldn't I?"
"Because I'm a monster." He looked down at his feet.
"Why does everyone say that, Gaara-sama? You don't seem like a monster to me; in fact you seem normal." I said. Gaara sighed and continued to look down at his feet. I got up and stepped in front of him. Putting a gentle hand under his chin I lifted his head to face me. "You can tell me if you want, Gaara-sama; I'll listen." I said softly; looking him in the eyes.
"But you won't understand..." he mumbled; shifting his gaze.
I moved his chin to get his attention and slipped my hand on his cheek. "That may be true, but that doesn't mean I won't try." I watch as his eyes grew wide and then suddenly soft. He took my hand from his face and pulled me down to sit next to him.
"My father, the Kazekage at the time, used me as an experiment. He integrated the soul of the sand demon, Shukaku into my unborn self and in order for me to be born my mother had to die giving birth to me. I was supposed to be the ultimate weapon of the sand village, but as they soon found I was their greatest enemy. I'm not bothered by the antics of the villagers or what they think of me; I'm used to it by now." Gaara looked at me out of the corner of his eye, "I have a demon inside me."
"Oh, is that all?" I asked surprised.
"What do you mean is that all?!" he growled; glaring at me. He stood up suddenly and looked at me hard; a look of both hurt and anger. "It was a mistake telling you anything! If you'll excuse me I have things to take care of." He suddenly turned and started to walk away. I honestly had no idea why he was mad at me, but I certainly didn't want him to leave mad at me!
"No, wait, Gaara-sama, that's not what I meant!" I yelled as I quickly ran up and grabbed his hand.
"I heard exactly what you meant; you can't blind- sight me." he said coldly. The look in his eye was so cold that it brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't believe that I might just loose someone so special to me; someone I loved! Yes, it's true. Even though its hardly been two days since we met, I've fallen really hard for him; so hard in fact that just thinking of making him mad would make me cry!
So with tears streaming down my face I tried to reconcile my choice of words. "B-but, Gaara-sama, I'm not! I didn't mean for it too sound uncaring! I just meant that being made fun of for something you couldn't control was stupid!" I cried out and then more softly facing the ground, "You are not the demon; Shukaku is, that's all." I was trying desperately to fight back the tears, but, of course, I was failing miserably! "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you; it just came out wrong." I couldn't stand to look at him right now I felt so ashamed. I should have realized how sensitive this subject was for him.
A gentle hand lifted my chin and I found myself looking up at those beautiful pale green eyes. Gaara looked at me sympathetically as he wiped my tears away softly. "Come, I want to show you something." he whispered.
I was shocked, to tell you the truth; I hadn't expected him to accept my apology, but I didn't say anything, just sniffed slightly and followed him silently.
Sign up to rate and review this story