Categories > Original > Horror

Wolf Falls

by lost_in_the_shuffle 3 reviews

a couple finds terror along a isolated country road.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-26 - Updated: 2007-05-27 - 769 words - Complete

1Exciting
Nathan and Maureen were driving down an isolated country road, when a figure darted out in front of them, Nathan swerved to miss it, skidding across the pavement. Maureen screamed as the car flipped twice, as the car landed upside down, everything went black.
Nathan groaned as he regained consciousness, "Maureen?" He called out, "I'm here," she said weakly. Nathan managed to get himself out of the car, quickly crawling to where Maureen had been thrown. "Are you ok?" He asked her as he slowly checked for broken bones, Maureen nodded sitting up, wincing as she did. "I think so," she said, "are you ok?"
Nathan nodded getting to his feet, "what ran out in front of us? Maureen asked as Nathan helped her to slowly stand. He shrugged, "I'm not sure, whatever it was it ran into the woods. We better see if we can find a house or something,"he said as he began to walk toward the road. Maureen shivered in the gathering cold, quickly following Nathan.

They walked down the road for hours as the twilight turned to darkness, suddenly Nathan stopped. "What's wrong?" Maureen asked, "listen," Nathan said, Maureen became aware of a rustling noise coming from the woods to their left. "Maybe it's a deer," Nathan said as he grasped Maureen's hand and began walking again. The rustling noise continued, slowly following them. Nathan peered into the woods, but they were too dark for him to see anything. Suddenly an inhuman growl came from the woods, as the rustling grew louder, Maureen screamed and Nathan grabbed her hand, as he began to run. The bushes seemed to explode as a large creature burst out of them. Nathan turned to look over his shoulder, almost falling, a large creature covered with sliver hair chased them, its red eyes glowing brightly in the darkness.
"Run Maureen," he yelled as the creature gained on them. Suddenly the creature lunged, bringing Nathan down. Maureen screamed as the creature bit into Nathan's neck, sending blood spurting. She turned and ran, as the creature fed on her husband's corpse. She heard the thing start to pursue her, and she ran faster, she grasped a tree limb, pulling herself up just as the creature snapped at her. It howled with frustration, clawing at the tree trunk, trying to climb up, but it couldn't.
Maureen sobbed in terror, as the creature tried to get her for hours, it howled and snarled in frustration as the sky began to brighten. Than it turned and bounded back into the woods.

Maureen waited until the sun came up, than she slid carefully out of the tree. She limped toward the road, hoping a car would go by, than began to slowly walk down the road. She walked for hours, she sobbed in relief as a sheriff's car came down the road, stopping next to her.
"Are you all right?" The sheriff asked, as he opened his door and got out. Maureen grasped his arm, "there is a creature out there," she said "it killed my husband and came after me." She looked up at the sky and gasped, the sun was setting. "We need to get out of here," she cried, as the twilight muted the light, the sheriff dropped to his knees, covering his face. Maureen slowly reached out a hand, touching his shoulder. He turned and she backed up crying out sharply, his face was slowly changing, as she watched horrified he turned into the creature that had killed her husband.
Snarling he came toward her, she turned and ran toward the car, she quickly opened the door. She turned the keys in the ignition starting the car. Snarling the creature threw itself on the hood. She put the car in reverse, hitting the gas, sending the creature flying off the hood.
She quickly put the car in drive, and sped down the road. She grabbed the radio, but it wasn't working. She came to a small town, passing a sign that said "wolf falls," Maureen shut off the engine, getting out of the car. The streets were quiet as she walked down them, she heard a soft growling noise and turned, shaking in fear. The sheriff stood there in wolf form, red eyes glaring at her. He raised his head and howled, slowly more and more wolves came out of hiding, growling softly. Maureen backed up slowly until she was against a wall, the sheriff growled again, than said in a husky voice, "welcome to Wolf Falls." Maureen threw her head back and screamed in terror as the wolves closed in.
Sign up to rate and review this story