Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > River Of Love

Love

by Silver-kun 1 review

After their kiss, Tohru and Shigure start to feel an attraction to each other.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Shigure, Tohru - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-27 - Updated: 2007-05-27 - 614 words

0Unrated
River of Love

By: Silver

Summary: First attempt at Shigure x Tohru. Shigure has always been fond of Tohru, whom he calls his 'little flower'. But what happens when his brotherly instincts slowly turn into love? Shigure x Tohru fluff.

---

Silver: Here's the second chapter, well technically the first chapter. The previous chapter was the prologue/introduction. I would like to thank CrazyInLove and Silverwingsofthe fire. Thanks fore reviewing. Enjoy the story.

---

Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket or the song, River of Love. River of Love belongs to LeAnn Rimes. Fruits Basket belongs to Natsuki Takuya-sama! No suing.

---

" . . . " - talking

' . . . ' - thinking

italics - song

Bold and Italics - a flashback or a dream

---

A/N - I just might use some quotes from the Fruits Basket Manga and Anime. I only have the first volume of the Manga. O.O

---

Chapter One:

"So you were born in the year of the dog? I knew I felt connected to you. Can't you feel it?" The dark-haired man said with a cheerful and gentle smile, his dark eyes looking at her warmly.

Tohru lifted her hand to her lips, remembering the kiss she and Shigure shared, 'That kiss...Was this the connection he talked about when we first met?' She asked herself.

"I knew I felt connected to you. Can't you feel it?" Shigure's voice rang in her ears, making her heart beat in her chest rapidly.

I think I can feel it, Shigure-san...Our...bond... The girl turned her gaze to moon, shining brightly against the dark sky, stars surrounding it like glitter, I didn't know what he meant at first when he said, 'connection', but I'm slowly starting to understand. Okaasan, was I meant to be in love with Shigure?

Many thoughts buzzed in her head as she stared at the big white circle in the darkness. She immediately shifted around underneath her blanket, turning to lie on her side. Shigure's lips over hers still lingered. Her guardian had gathered all of his courage and wits to kiss her and when he did, it was pure love. The kiss was warm and gentle, filled with all of the Inu's love...for her.

Tohru's heart fluttered nervously as she thought about his kiss, 'Slowly but surely, our bond is getting stronger...'

She soon fell into a fitful sleep, full dreams of spending the rest of her life with her Inu.

---

He groaned, putting his hand over his forehead. His dark eyes staring at the computer before him. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't think straight. At least not without his mind trailing back to her, Honda Tohru. His little flower.

Shigure rubbed his temples, trying to keep his mind on the story and blocking all thoughts of the brown haired girl. But he couldn't stop them. The Inu's dark eyes blinked.

'Why can't I stop thinking about her?' His mind screamed, 'All we did was kiss...'

It's because she means more to you then you can admit. She's more then your little flower... His heart replied, thumping crazily in the novelist's chest, She's your love, your whole world.

Shigure shook his head, "She does mean a lot to me, but does she...Does Tohru-kun love me in return?"

Ask her...

He put his hands to his lips, gently touching them as the memory of their kiss returned. Tohru's lips were warm and gentle against his. It felt right to have her kiss him. She didn't reject it or push him away...

'Instead, she claimed she enjoyed it...'

---

Japanese Words

Inu - dog

-san - used at the end of one's name in respect

Hai - yes

-kun - used at the end of a boy's name

Ne - right?

Gomen - sorry
Sign up to rate and review this story