Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > That Fateful Day

Chapter Two

by Silver-kun 1 review

Lyra bumps into Ritsu at school and discovers a secret about him...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Ritsu - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-27 - Updated: 2007-10-10 - 1330 words

0Unrated
That Fateful Day

By: Silver

Summary: All her life, she's been looking for that special someone. She's been searching for her soul mate. Upon meeting the Sohmas, Lyra finds herself getting closer with the one she thought was a girl. RitsuOC.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silver: Here I am, with the second chapter. I would like to thank my reviewers. Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I had never owned Fruits Basket or Ritsu, and therefore I never will. I do wish I at least own Hatori.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"..." - talking
'...' -thinking


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Two

I sighed, resting my chin on my hand. My third day of school and this Physics class was still boring. I tried to concentrate on listening to my teacher's lecture, but I couldn't. All of my thoughts somehow managed to return to Ritsu. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't keep him out of my mind.

Even my teacher's droning voice couldn't interrupt my thoughts. I wish that this science class was over. Science was always one of my worst subjects. Even in Elementary school, I hated it. To a science lover, it was fun, but not to me.

This class would be a bit more interesting if my teacher's voice had a little more pep to it. I shook my head, forcing back the smile. I sighed once more. As that would ever happen. I looked up at the clock on the wall.

Three more minutes until I was free. Free of this school. Luckily this was the last class of the day. Then I could be free. Free to see Ritsu, at least I hope so. My hazel eyes remained on the hands of the clock, almost wishing to move time forward. I silently counted down the minutes in my mind.

Three...

Two...

One...

I smiled as the bell rung. Brushing my blonde hair out of my face, I gathered my belongings and stood. Many of my classmates waved at me in passing as I walked out. Of course I waved back. My heart wasn't really intent on speaking with anyone, at least no one but Ritsu. I quickly walked down the hall, making my way to the door.

I squinted my eyes, shielding them as I stepped out into the bright sunlight. It took a minute for my vision to adjust as I looked around. Every student were chattering away with others, on their way home. Feeling a little out of place, I nervously gripped my bag. This was making me wish that I had someone to walk me home...at least I wished Ritsu were here. It was always nice to walk home with a friend.

As if to answer my wish, a familiar voice called out to me, "Lyra-san!"

Thinking it was some boy wanting to bother me, I angrily turned around, "How many ti-" Before I immediately stopped as Ritsu stood at the school gates.

My cheeks turned slightly pink as we stood there. Instead of wearing his usual light purple kimono, Ritsu was now wearing a simple white dress shirt and brown dress pants. He no longer looked like the Ritsu I met a few days ago. He looked...handsome. Even his hair was neatly tied back.

A worried look passed onto Ritsu's face and he cried out, "Oh no! Am I embarrassing you, Lyra-san! Sumimasen!" He wailed, indicating the beginning of his spazz attack.

Before I knew what was happening, Ritsu was rambling and apologizing in his usual manner. I snapped out of my reverie and nervously blushed now. Everyone was now staring at us. Obviously wondering who my crazy friend is.

"Um...Rit-"

"Sumimasen, Lyra-san! You must feel so ashamed of me! I have to apologize to the world! I'm such a bur-" He continued to cry frantically as I tried to speak calmly, in hopes of calming him.

Nothing seemed to work. Not knowing what to do, I lunged at him. Both of us fell, me landing on top of him. He looked at me in surprise and in shock as we met in a brief embrace. Before any of us could make a move, I heard a loud poof and a swirl of dust appeared.

The dust went away within seconds. I looked around. Ritsu was nowhere to be found. The only thing left of him were his clothes. Gathering my courage, I called out to him.

"Ritsu-san?" I sure hope he wasn't running around...without his clothes on.

Hearing no answer, I called out again, "Ritsu? Where are you?"

"Here Lyra-san." said a muffled voice as the clothes started to move.

I blinked, turning my gaze back to Ritsu's moving shirt. His shirt fell, revealing a tan monkey, who's beady black eyes stared back at me. I stared at the monkey in confusion. But the monkey immediately spazzed out, whining.

"Lyra-san!" It chirped.

A small confused smile tugged at my lips. This felt like one of those moments where someone would faint at the sight of a talking monkey. I now smiled nervously.

"I...I must be going crazy..." I said to myself, eyes still on the monkey, "There's a talking monkey and Ritsu-san is somewhere, running around in the nude..."

My words only earned a loud squeak as Ritsu's voice came from the cute monkey once more, "It's me, Ritsu!" A frantic look show in his eyes and he waved his small monkey paws.

"W-what the hell?" My eyes widened in shock.

Ritsu, a monkey? Ritsu was a monkey, but how? It took a few secondsfor me to find my voice again as I spoke.

"W-what the hell are you?" I stuttered, still staring at him, "R-ritsu-san?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't find out this way..." Ritsu wailed, looking down.

I still couldn't believe it. Ritsu had turned into a monkey by my hug.

"Ano...Ri-ritsu, what happened?" I asked.

"My family is cursed." He answered, looking up at me once more.

"Cursed?" I blinked, "Everyone in your family turns into animals by hugging?"

This sounded interesting. Ritsu merely shook his head.

"Only thirteen of us change. We change into animals of the Chinese Zodiac, including the Cat. And our curse is only triggered by the opposite sex hugging us." He explained.

Wow...this was definitely interesting. I reached out and gently picked Ritsu up. He really was cute as a monkey.

"You're the year of the Monkey?" I tilted my head as he nodded.

"Hai."

"But how do you change back, Ritsu-san?" I asked.

I almost regretted asking him that as there was a loud poof again and the dust cloud appeared once more. I was shocked at what came next, causing me to blush furiously. Ritsu had changed back, but he was without any clothes. I quickly looked away as Ritsu wailed once more (after changing back into his clothes of course).

"Oh no! Now Hatori's gonna have to erase Lyra-san's memories!" He cried, gripping his hair, "And it's all my fault!"

"Wait, what? Hatori? Who is he and what about my memories?" I asked, but instead of answering, Ritsu clasped my hands into his.

Tears filled his eyes as he looked at me closely, "Lyra-san, promise me you won't tell anyone. Onegai? Don't tell anyone about the Sohma curse!"

I didn't know what to say, but keeping his family curse a secret seemed really important. He seemed really scared of this Hatori person. I nodded.

"I'll keep this a secret, Ritsu. Promise." I whispered gently.

Ritsu let out a sigh of relief, a smile now gracing his beautiful face, "Arigatou...Lyra."

I blushed once more, looking away. This really was an interesting day after all. Learning that Ritsu was a Monkey. Being the Monkey suits him well, especially when he was so cute in his cursed form.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silver: Second chapter is done. Please leave a lovely review on your way out. Thank you! I would also like thank any reviewers that reviewed as I was working on this second chapter. Thank you!
Sign up to rate and review this story