Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Your Heart Stops Beating

Chapter 10

by lady_venom_x 4 reviews

Imagine losing years off your life... Keri Atwater works as a bar tender in a local night club. Aside from having a moderately exciting but not the best paying job in the world, something else isn...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-28 - Updated: 2007-05-28 - 589 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Bob or Avril Lavigne. Or her song. I own Keri. Kthanks.

This is a filler. Really short.



- Keri's Point of View

Bob was so excited about his new job opportunity that I could not get a word in edgewise for about two more hours. I knew this was important to him, as he was chattering like a monkey, sounding like he was hyped up on Red Bull.

"So, what band are you going to be managing?" I asked him, finally able to speak. He was so cute when excited.

"A band from Utah, called The Used," he replied with a glazed over look in his eye. "I'm going to their record label tonight to meet them." I smiled. This was so important to him.

I bought him another scone to celebrate, and indulged myself in a freshly baked muffin. He looked like a little boy, bouncing slightly while eating. Once we finished our celebratory snacks, we headed for home, as Bob had to go meet the new band. I wanted to spend more time with him, but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

Bob walked me to my door. "We'll get together soon. We still need to talk," he said and pulled me into a hug. I inhaled. He smelled so good. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Yeah, we do," I replied and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. I turned around and unlocked the apartment building door. I smiled sweetly, and closed the door behind me.

Walking into my apartment, I stumbled over a meowing Pepper, who was evidently hungry. Again. Sighing, I threw my purse and coat onto the futon and went into the kitchen to feed the whining cat. Once he was happy, I decided to take a nap in my bedroom. I felt so tired, as the last week and a half had drained the life out of me. There were no leads on the fire, as of yet and I didn't expect there to be any in the near future. I changed into my pyjamas and snuggled under the covers. Soon after that, I slipped into a fitful sleep.

------------------------------

'Are you aware of what you make me feel, baby?
Right now I feel invisible to you, like I'm not real'


Hurling down a dark highway driving at ultimate speeds, in the middle of the night, loud, angry music blaring through the speakers. It was raining. A flash of lightening ripped apart the blackened sky. The open road and the lonely thoughts were my only comfort now.

'Am I just some chick you placed beside you to take somebody's place?
When you turn around can you recognize my face?'


I felt so alone. Unknowingly, I increased my speed. The harder the rain fell, the faster I drove. I had to get away from here. Nothing could hold me back now. Nothing.

'I was left to cry there, waiting outside there, grinning with the lost stare
that's when I decided . . . '


Suddenly, everything spiraled out of control. The sound of tires screeching, the smell of burned rubber, breaking glass, crunching fiberglass. The tossing and turning almost made me feel sick to my stomach. I swear I heard myself scream, a blood curdling scream. Or maybe that was all in my head. My thought process had been interrupted. I felt peace.

'I'm starting to trip, I'm losing my grip and I'm in this thing alone . . . '

Everything went black . . .

'If you don't care, then I don't care
We're not going anywhere . . . '


Sign up to rate and review this story