Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > On a Rainy Night...

Someting Missing

by Aubreyx3 3 reviews

Samantha is back home and enjoying her family...while Ryan is struggling with something he can't figure out.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-06-02 - Updated: 2007-08-22 - 1244 words

0Unrated
Sorry, I give really crappy summaries....but it's taken me sooo long to get another chapter of this story in. Things have been really busy, but school is over and I'll have way more time to write. So please read and review!


---------------------------------------------------------------------

About 3 months had passed since that cold rainy night. It was one of the biggest decisions of my life. My choices were either go back to my mom, or just try to make it on my own. After spending the whole night talking to Ryan, I felt the right thing was to go home to my mom, it was worth a shot anyways. So I went, got a cab and soon arrived at the front door of my mother's house. When I was standing on the front door, I almost turned around and left, but it just seemed like the right thing to do would be at least try. I rang the doorbell and waited in anticipation. It had still been raining, and I was getting wetter by the second. Then I heard a click from the other side of the door. The door slowly creaked open as I saw my mom's face peering out from inside. She quickly embraced me in the biggest hug I had ever felt, and I knew I was at home.

Not many words were said that night. I went into my old room and slept there until the next day. When I woke up, I went downstairs to find that my mom had made me breakfast, and two unfamiliar faces were at the kitchen table....My mom had gotten remarried. She married a man named John Brooksmith, who had already had a daughter, Jess, from his former marriage. So now I have a stepsister, she is only a year younger than I am, and we got to know each other fast, and became very close. My mom and I talked for a long time about what had happened since I left. She said she realized that she didn't pay enough attention to me and regretted it every day that I was gone.

So now, 3 months later, school was finally out and things are how they should be. I'm happy with my mom, and my new step dad and stepsister.

"Samanthaaaaaaa" Jess sang out my name happily while dancing into my room.

"Umm...Yes?" I answered, while sitting on my bed.

"I just got tickets to see the most awesome band that ever walked the face of this earth!" she said

"And who would that be?"

"Panic at the disco!"

I stared at her for awhile, just trying to think of what she was talking about. "Who?"

"You've never heard of them?"

"I guess not."

"They're a newer band, but their music is amazing and I really reeeaaally want you to come.....and mom said I can't go by myself. " she begged

I thought for a second about it. Panic at the Disco? ahhh yeah...I had heard some people talking about them before, but never really heard any of their music.

"Yeah I guess I'll go...When is it?"

"Yes!" she jumped up and down with excitement, "Its this Friday, at 8 and the venue is only like 20 minutes away."

"Ok sounds good."



____________________________________________________________




"Ryan!"

My mind had been wandering and quickly came back as Brendon yelled my name into the mic. "Uh...yeah, sorry"
We had been practicing for about 30 minutes now for a show we had Friday as I started drifting off in my thoughts. Things had kind of been overwhelming lately. Just 2 months ago we were a small unknown band, and now we're suddenly one of the most popular bands out there.

"Geez, you've been in the clouds for like the past two weeks...whats up?" Brendon asked me.

"I don't know...I guess since this tour started and everything, I've just been feeling so rushed and I'm forgetting a lot of...stuff."

"Forgetting a lot of stuff? You mean like forgetting to turn on your brain while we're practicing?" he said to me. After he said that, Spencer hit the cymbal then the bass drum as someone would after a comedian's punch line, and of course Jon started laughing.

I turned around to Spencer, "Very funny..." I said, "I think I've had enough of practice today.." I set my guitar on its stand and walked off the stage.

I didn't exactly know why I've felt so distant. Everything just came so fast, and now my life is completely different than it was 3 months ago. It's not that I'm not happy that our band is so famous now, it's just that I feel like I've left something behind....or someone.

I was sitting on a couch in the lounge backstage for who knows how long, until Jon came in.

"Dude, we seriously need to talk. You never act like this, what's up with you lately?" He asked me.

"I just feel like there's something missing, something that I left undone or...I don't know...never mind."

Jon started talking, but I just couldn't focus on the words coming out of his mouth. I started drifting off again until I heard him mention something....

"...and whatever happened to that girl you were talking about the one night....Samantha? did you even give her your number or something?"

Samantha.

I started thinking back to that night. She was so beautiful...and lonely. I felt so stupid for not giving her my cell number or anything. I wonder whatever happened to her, did she go back to her mom? Maybe this is why I feel so distant. I just left Samantha by herself, with some money and barely any trace of who I was....Did I even tell her my name? I can't remember....I need to find her, talk to her, contact her or something...just anything. That night was the first time I had really talked to anyone about my family situation, and we could really relate to each other. None of the guys really understand that, and I guess that's why it gets lonely sometimes...


"dude, are you even listening to me?" Jon asked as my mind finally came back to reality.

"umm...sorry..."

"and there you go again...drifting off into the clouds."

"Sorry, I just.....well I think its Samantha." I said

"You think what's Samantha?"

"I mean I think that's why I feel so far off...I left that night without giving her any knowledge of who I was, and now I'm probably never going to be able to talk to her again...."

"Well does it even matter? I mean you don't even know her, let alone if she even remembers you."

He was right. Maybe She just totally forgot about me. Do you even think she took my advice? What if she didn't even care? This is just so messed up...I shouldn't have gone off so quickly that night. But we are playing back in our home town of Vegas on Friday night. She lived around there didn't she? I mean that's where I met her....She has to live nearby, or even in Vegas? Maybe I'll try to look for her....yeah great plan...there's a bout a one in a million chance I would find her. If she comes to the concert then maybe I have a better chance of finding her. Our band is pretty famous, so there's a good chance she'll come, but who knows......
Sign up to rate and review this story