Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Great Escape

Chapter 1

by little_miss_screamo 2 reviews

Mae is an abused girl about 14 that runs away and gets picked up while hitchhiking by My Chemical Romance

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [R] [V] [Y] - Published: 2007-06-02 - Updated: 2007-06-03 - 1368 words

0Unrated
April 5th, 2007

I am done with it. The beatings are getting worse. These wounds wont just scar. My bruises are getting worse and worse. I am ready to run. Runaway from here. I hate this fucking town. I hate this fucking life. Tonight I went into the kitchen after my shower and my dad was in there and drunk. He turned on me and all I was wearing was a bra and pants (I didn't know he was home). He was angry for some reason or another. He pulled a knife out and slashed it acorss my bare skin on my stomach. It hurt so much I cryed out which just made him hurt me more. I fell to the kitchen floor and he started to kick me. After I pretented to pass out he left. I got up as quickly as I could and ran to my room. Now it's one am and my dad is still at the bar and my mom is, well I don't know where my mom is, she left 2 months ago and left me with this monster. I think my stomach cut has finally stopped bleeding. I just looked at it and it has but there is tons of dried blood on my skin. Im scared to wipe it off in case it starts bleeding again. Okay well im gonna stop writing now and head out the door. I need to leave before He get's home. He might rape me again.

April 6th, 2007

Good thing we lived near the border of New Jersey and Penssylvania. It made for an easy escape. I think New Jersey will be a good place to start hitchhiking. I am near the town Maplewood. I got help from a person at a gas station. He took me this far then told me that he wasn't going any farther. So I started to hitchhike again as soon as he drove away. I am on the main highway I think. There isnt really any cars on the highway now since its sorta getting dark. I don't care though. I sat down on the dirt but kept my thumb out. Oh goodie I see a bus or something stopping. It really big, like a tour bus. Big with tinted windows.

April 6th, still

I've gotten picked up some guys. All they have said to me was 3 words. They stopped and a guy stepped out of the door. "Need a ride?" he asked. I nodded and he beckonded to me. I climbed on and found 4 other guys. I think this is a tour bus for a band. There are guitars and basses against the walls and drumsticks strewn across the floor and table. Im sitting nervously on the couch as they stare at me. There are 5 of them. The one that talked to me is hott. So is the rest of the guys' acually. One of them has glasses. Thick rimmed and black. The guy that is hott has bleached blonde hair and black eyelined eyes. "So, uh, what's your name?" asked one of them. He had tattoos, and many at that. "Mae" I whispered. I hated my name. It was so old fashioned. "How did you get such a dark bruise on your cheek?" said someone touching my cheek lightly. I winced. I had never told anyone the truth and my cheek still hurt like hell. I looked to see the bleached boy next to me. "Er....Eh" I said not knowing if I could trust them. "I guess I might as well tell you, or show you is more like the word," I said getting up and standing in the middle of the room. They all looked at me with curious eyes. First, I showed them the bruises and cuts and scars on my face and just went from there. I lifted up my hair to show them the gruesome bruise that was there. I heard one of them stifle a gasp. I turned around ready to show them my arms. I lifted up my sleeves and heard them all gasp. That is where it was the worst. All the cuts and bruises, they practicly filled my arms. That is why I was wearing a long sleeve shirt in spring. I pulled down my sleeves and decided to show them my chest and back. This was going to be hard. I lifted up my shirt and lifted it over my head. I closed my eyes as I heard one of them whisper to another. I opened my eyes as one of them touched my new cut from yesterday. I yelped and jumped back and dropped my shirt. Mostly I was surprised because I didn't know someone had touched me until, well, they touched me. I looked to see it was the blonde boy. I stared at him with wide eyes. He backed up and sat back down. "Continue," he said.

I lifted off my shirt this time and turned so they could see the back. I heard one of them say "Good god, what has happened to you?" I took the liberty to answer this question as they stared at my cuts and bruises and scars. "My dad was an acoholic and he abused me," I said clearly. I was surprised how clear my voice was. I guess I was just relieved that someone finally knew. "Can I touch your cuts and stuff?" asked someone behind me. Blonde boy again. I nodded silently. I felt his cold fingers start to trace the scars that I was oh so familiar with. My ribs hurt from breathing so much with him touching me. I felt his fingers trace up to my neck and then to my cheek again. I couldn't believe I was showing my body to a bunch of guys that I didn't know. But someone needed to know my story, my misery, and loneliness. I turned to see him staring at me with brown eyes filled with sadness. I grabbed my shirt from the floor and put it on. "Do you have more?" was all he asked. "Yes but they are on my legs and then there is the one thing that he did that you cant see" I said looking down and my worn converse.

"Oh my god, we never told you our names!" said the boy with glasses. He pushed them up farther onto his nose and exclaimed "Im Mikey!" he said smiling and looking at the boy next to him with the afro. "Im Ray" he said shyly. He then looked at the boy with the tattoos. "Oh, um, im Frank" he said smiling but it looked more like a grimace. I think I scarred them for life with what I showed them. He looked to a boy with blonde hair but not bleached, his looked more natural. "Im Bob" he said curtly. I looked up to see the last one to introduce himself. "Im Gerard" he said smiling at me. I tried smiling back but I think it looked like a grimace as well. "So, uh, well why do guys have this huge bus?" I asked glancing around me. "Oh, well, were sorta a band, and a big one at that" siad Gerard. I looked at him with my head tilted to the side in confusion. "Then why the hell did you pick me up, if you're a band, wouldn't that mean I would just get in your way?" I said sitting down on the floor. I was tired but stayed awake to hear the conversation. "Well, we didn't stop, Gerard made us stop," said the boy with the afro. "Ugh I'm tired," I groaned under my breath. "What? Did you say you're tired?" Gerard asked. "Yes, I'm very tired" I said lying down on the carpet. "Ya, well you'll get used to staying up late," said Bob. "What do you mean?" I said sitting up on my elbows to see him better. "Well, I mean if we picked you up we might as well keep you" he said looking at the rest of the band for conformation. They all nodded in aggreement. Gerard looked at me and then exclaimed, "Welcome, to My Chemical Romance."
Sign up to rate and review this story