Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Breath

by Annwyd 6 reviews

Sasuke achieves his goal in the last way he'd imagined possible. [SasuSaku] [Heed the angst warning]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Itachi, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2005-11-22 - Updated: 2005-11-22 - 250 words - Complete

1Moving
He had killed his brother, and now he was running.

Sasuke could still feel the way the flurry of kunai felt flying from his hands as he pinned Itachi with them. The shredded remains of his brother's heart were caught in the fleshy spaces between his fingers. The cool expression on Itachi's face as he tossed Sakura to the ground in a crumpled heap remained burned into Sasuke's mind.

She had been trying to help him. She had helped him, but not in the way she'd intended to. When he saw her fall, broken and still gasping, something had opened in his mind, and he had remembered why he had to kill Itachi.

He was not an avenger; he was a protector. He had to kill his brother to prove he was strong enough to keep the ones he loved safe. He had a purpose once again, and he would attend to it with the same fierceness he had his revenge.

He ran through the forest with Sakura shaking in his arms. "Sasuke-kun, I--"

"Shut up. I'm going to take you back to Konoha. I'll get you healing, and then I'll bring you home."

He stopped for a moment when his breath ran ragged. "It'll be all right. I'll protect you." He stroked her hair back from her forehead and leaned down to brush his mouth against hers.

But after a moment he realized she lay unresponding in his arms, and he could not feel her breath mingle with his.
Sign up to rate and review this story