Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Series Of Events

What To Expect When You're Expecting

by xharlequingirl 1 review

[Short Patrick Story] Patrick and his girlfriend are expecting a baby. Just a sweet little story I wrote to cheer up a friend. =]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-05 - 1024 words - Complete

0Unrated
Patrick sat on his couch, his legs out stretched on the coffee table. He had one hand rested on his stomach and the other holding up the book entitled, 'What To Expect When You're Expecting'. He was wearing his boxers and a white t-shirt because he had yet to get out of his pajamas. He didn't see the point, it was already nearing 5 PM.

He had thumbed through the pages of the book that he had read at previous times, and those parts of his girlfriends pregnancy had also passed. They were of no use to him anymore. He didn't have to know about pregnancy tests or the first Doctor's appointment. That had happened five months ago.

Allison, his girlfriend had found out pretty early on that she was pregnant and they were both very excited about the news. The two weren't married or didn't plan on it for quite a while, but neither of them had thought anything other than to keep their baby.

The second that he knew he was going to be a father, Patrick had gone out and gotten a few of those pregnancy books. He was rather disappointed that there were no books for soon to be fathers, so he was just going to have to deal with ones that were aimed towards mothers. It still had the information he needed in it. He was very interested in all of the details of what was going on with his child.

He opened the book to the chapter about month five. He loved to know about everything his child was going through. During month five the baby was beginning to develop his or hers senses. They have also started develop some internal organs.

Patrick looked up from the book when he heard the front door opened and he heard the sounds of Allison putting her jacket away and then take off her snow boots. She had remained pretty independent during her pregnancy and only wanted help when she asked for it. She didn't want to become one of those annoying pregnant women who wanted to be waited on hand and foot.

He kept the book down until he saw her appear in the doorway. "Hey, baby." He smiled at her, giving her the best and brightest smile he had.

"Hi, sweetie. How was your day?" She asked, coming into the room and sitting down next to him. She sunk into the couch and put her feet up on the coffee table next to his. She had the ability to leave work and just spend her pregnancy at home. Patrick had told her that from the beginning. She didn't have to work, but Allison enjoyed her job, so she made the decision to keep working until she couldn't possibly work anymore. And, then she'd put in for her maternity leave and then decide if she wanted to go back to work right away or if she wanted to be a stay at home mother.

"It was good." She smiled. "Kenzie and I pretty much spent all day hanging out together and running hell at the office. Both of them were pretty much in charge of running things at the Clandestine headquarters. Clandestine was a side project that Patrick's best friend, Pete ran on the side. Kenzie was Pete's wife and the mother of his twin two year old daughters, Neviah and Lindsay.

"I'm sure Pete appreciated that." He laughed as she put the book down on his chest and wrapped his hand around hers.

"You still reading this?" She smiled, looking up into his light brown eyes. She admired his blonde hair for a few minutes. She hoped the baby had hair like his.

"Yeah, lemme tell you everything!" He smiled, brightly as he picked the book up and started back from the beginning. "Baby Stumph now has its senses and his skin is sensitive to touch. And, he might be able to respond to certain sounds. So, if we talk to him or her, they might respond by moving or kicking." He smiled at her.

Allison smiled back as she rested her head on his shoulder, the other hand on her stomach, as she listened to what he said. She was so glad that he had been so into this baby.

"The baby is almost one pound now!" He smiled, as he skimmed through a few pages. "And, it has internal organs." He told her, as he took his free hand placing it on top of hers. Both of them resting on her stomach.

"One pound." She smiled. "Our baby is coming fast." She leaned up and kissed him, gently.

"I know and it's so amazing. The book also says that your belly should have grown enough now that you have stretch marks. And, that your morning sickness should have disappeared."

"It did." She nodded, relieved that she wasn't throwing up every morning now. It made things go a lot smoother now.

"And, we should definitely be able to feel the baby moving by the end of the month. I can't wait for that." He smiled. They had yet to be able to feel the baby kick, well enough forPatrick to be able to put his hand on her belly and feel his child.

"I know, it's going to be so amazing, baby. And, you're going to be an amazing father." She smiled as she leaned up and kissed him.

"And, you're going to be an amazing mother." He leaned over and kissed her nose. "Now, I'm starved. What do you say we order some Pizza and watch a movie?" He asked.

"It sounds amazing." She smiled as she moved herself to her feet and walked towards the kitchen.

Patrick smiled and got up, closing the book and putting it on the coffee table. Being a father was going to be a lot easier when he knew what to expect. Now if there was only a book for fathers. Hey, maybe he'd write one. Maybe not. He may know what to expect, but the details were unique to every parent and that's what he was looking forward to the most.
Sign up to rate and review this story