Categories > Original > Fantasy

Back Then...

by poolboy 0 reviews

Diederik was in the process of opening his mouth to say something when a hard fist landed on the door.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-06-05 - Updated: 2007-06-05 - 291 words

0Unrated
Of course, the silence streched on. The night became long and dark and the street lamps were being lit.The only sounds being made were the occasional slurping of tea and the howling of the dog down the street.

Diederik was in the process of opening his mouth to say something when a hard fist landed on the door. It startled both of us, me more so than Diederik. I slowly stood up from the table, anticipating another unnesessarily loud knock. I looked at Diedreck before moving swiftly to the door.

"Who is it?" I said in a sing-song voice trying to sound like a cheery housewife.

"Police! Let us in or we will have to take the door down." I noticed his very heavy English accent which made him sound early uncivilized.

"Well of course. Let me get the lock for you."

I looked at Diederik frantically. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to open the door and if I wasn't, then what was I supposed to do?

"Hurry! Or we shall have to take the door down."

I quickly thought up a beleivable lie.

" I am sorry. I hurt my ankle and it is taking me longer to get anywhere. I will be there in a second."

By that time ,Diederik had gotten up ad was next to the window. 'Is he going to jump?'
We were on the second floor and it was a straight drop onto a cobblestone path. There was a third knock and I yelled to console them but when I turned back to the window, Diedrik was gone.

'Did I miss something?' I asked myself.

Too much and too fast. I faced the door and ran towards it.

To be continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story