Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Konoha's Best Prankster

by tsuchi 0 reviews

'Sasuke found himself staring at... himself. A smile twitched at his lips. Clever, he thought.' Sasuke returns to Konoha for a little espionage.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-05 - Updated: 2007-06-06 - 485 words - Complete

0Unrated
He wasn't checking up on them, he decided. He was merely ascertaining their strengths and weaknesses for the inevitable day when he would have to fight them.



Nor, he also decided, was he justifying visiting Konoha to himself. He didn't need to justify it. No, he was justifying it, but it wasn't to himself. He was planning out what he would tell Orochimaru when the man asked - because he would.



So there he was, eating Ichiraku ramen, and watching the crowd - and more particularly the golden and pink haired heads moving towards him through the crowd, all safely concealed under an illusion.



His medium brown hair shifted to cover his eyes, and he brushed it out of the way.



He blinked, watching Sakura latch onto Naruto's, and Naruto ignore her completely. That was... out of character, for him. On a second glance, however, even without the Sharingan - which he had found couldn't be hidden by an illusion, he could tell that that was not Naruto. His estimation of Sakura's abilities plummeted.



The Naruto -imitator glanced at Sakura out of the corner of his (her?) eye, and gave a tiny smile.



And then jerked. Sasuke smirked, having also tracked Hinata's approach. Of course the little stalker would see through the illusion. She probably knew what color boxers Naruto put on in the morning - without using the Byakugan.



The illusion melted away ­- /she must have used a dispel/, Sasuke thought - to reveal... spiky black hair that fell forward into black eyes, and stuck up in the back, and a deep blue t-shirt with the Uchiha fan across the back, white shorts and bored expression.



Sasuke found himself staring at... himself. A smile twitched at his lips. Clever... he thought.



The reaction was immediate. Sakura gasped in shock, and stared at Hinata, who fainted dead away, and ANBU jumped so quickly down from the roof tops that they seemed to appear in a blur.



The revealed Sasuke-imitator ran. He was fast, Sasuke had to give him that. He shot a few fire techniques behind him, but mostly just ran.



Sasuke shook his head. The moron didn't know how to imitate /him/, either.



*



He stood above her bed. Just checking to see her capabilities. /I didn't get to see them before/.



She awoke, like most ninja would. She blinked at him for several seconds.



Working on a hunch, he curled his lips at her, and leaned down, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Good night, Sakura-chan," he said, as gently as he could manage.



She stared at him for a few more seconds, and then her face twisted in annoyance, and anger. "Fuck /off/, Naruto," she told him. "It wasn't funny this afternoon, and it's not funny now." And then, purposefully, she rolled over, and ignored him.



When he left, he was smirking, and thinking, /So much for Naruto being Konoha's best prankster/.
Sign up to rate and review this story