Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Kisses By The Lake

by checkered_stars 5 reviews

Rachel is at Mikey and Gerard's doing some homework. things are said. Gerard and Rachel go to the lake, and something happens that forces them to avoid each other....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-06 - Updated: 2007-06-07 - 3391 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sorry about the slight wait. I've been trying to come up with ideas and really bring the story forward...
Thank you to MySweetRomance for my ONLY review!!
Appreciated greatly. So are all reviews.
Just a note- There's a chance that, Bob, will be coming into the story somehow. If it is going to happen. It'll be soon...
Hope you enjoy this chapter.
I don't really like it, but that's me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6-

That day, after school. I was at Mikey and Gerard's, attempting to do an English assignment Gerard and I were doing together.

We decided to take a break, even though we hadn't actually done anything at all. Mikey was sitting on the floor in front of Gerard's TV, playing some random war game. He was really getting into it by the way he moved the remote about when he was shooting and dodging people and the way his tongue slightly poked out of the right side of his mouth. Gerard and I were watching him play, while giggling at how much he was concentrating, finding it oddly amusing.

Gerard asked me to get something off of his desk, I agreed, but regretted it slightly as he was smiling, but tried hard to hide it. I got up and as soon as I did so, he tackled me to the ground. I landed with a thump to the ground.

"Ah! You so planed that you little bitch!" I screamed while trying desperately to get free. All the while I was screaming and laughing for Mikey to help me, but he didn't even flinch.
We continued play fight, pretending to throw punches and kick each other, until I flipped him onto his back. I sat on him, pinning him down with my knees and elbows. I laughed in victory.

"Looks like I win..." I whispered in his ear.

"Bitch." He mumbled as I got up off of him and sat back down again as if nothing had even happened.

Gerard got up to go to the bathroom, as he walked out the door, he eyed me. I was quite suspicious that he went to the bathroom as soon as we had finished our little match, and after I sat off of him, but I quickly decided to think nothing of it.

As soon as Gerard closed the door, Mikey paused the game and spun around to face me.

"You like him, don't you?" he whispered, and my eyes widened. He caught me completely off guard.

"What?! Where the fuck did that come from?!" I hissed, still, clearly shocked.

"Ah, you so do!" He teased.

"I DO NOT!!"

"Do too!"

"Ah, do not!"

"Do too!"

"Mikey, I would know or not, if I like him. And, it's a not..." I explained.

"Uh-Ha... Sure it is..." Mikey smirked a cheeky grin and looked at me through his thick rimmed glasses.

I groaned, and decided, to give up.

"Is it obvious? Tell me the truth! But, just so you know, so you don't just go, assuming things... I'm not really sure yet, I don't think I do. I'm pretty sure I don't. Well, at least I just hope I don't..." I explained to Mikey.

Mikey looked at me for a few seconds before saying anything. In those few seconds, there was silence.

"Nah, it's not really that obvious. Just cause I know you really well and stuff like that, I can... just tell, I guess." Mikey said.

I winced. "Oh god. You don't think that Gerard knows do you?!" my voice, growing just a little bit.

"Umm... I, don't think so... He hasn't told me anything anyw-" Mikey started before I cut him off.

"Good!" I sighed.

I got up and walked over to Gerard's desk and hoped up onto it, putting my hands on either side of me. Letting my legs dangle off the edge.

"Why would it be a bad thing to like Gerard?" he asked as he took his glasses off briefly, inspected them, then put them back on again.
He then got up also, and sat on the edge of Gerard's double bed.

"Are you serious?!" I laughed. "Mikey, he's one of my best friends, has been for a while now. It'd be weird if I liked him. I would probably act differently around him, and I don't want that to happen..." I trailed off.

Mikey started to play with the hem of his shirt.

"Well, you two, basically tell each other everything. Why don't you tell him how you feel?" Mikey suggested.

"Ha! Yeah, like that's ever going to happen!" I laughed. "Like I said before Mikes. We are best friends. I can't just turn around one day and go, "Hey Gerard! Guess what?! I like you! In a "more than friend way!"'..." I said, making air quotations with my fingers.

Mikey laughed.

"It'll fuck everything up, Mikey. I'm not taking that chance, me POSIBILY liking him may fuck things up. Which I hope they won't..." I said, playing with my hair.

"Ok, ok. You don't have to tell him! But if you do figure it out, you know, if you like him or not. Tell me?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah, I will... I guess." I mumbled.
I raised an eyebrow in a shifty way, when Gerard crashed through the door. We both turned our heads towards him.

"Soo... What'd I miss?! What'd I miss?!" Gerard shouted as he burst into the room.

"Ah," I said, looking at Mikey. "Nothing really." I shrugged my shoulders and Gerard sat on the bed next to Mikey.

"Oh, ok then..." he said quietly.

Gerard then turned his head towards the TV, and saw the free remote. He dived towards it and grabbed it. Mikey immediately got up and jumped on Gerard. They moved around, Gerard on top of Mikey, Mikey on top of Gerard, both their hands grasped the controller. I laughed as I watched them fight pathetically.

"You lost your chance bitch! Let go of the fucking thing!" Gerard shouted.

They continued to fight, still swearing and threatening each other. Mikey then gave up and let go of the remote, Gerard on top of him.

"Haha! It's mine!" Gerard yelled as he grabbed it out Mikey's hands and rolled off of him.

"I win!" Gerard said in a babyish tone of voice.

I smiled.
Gerard un-paused the game and started playing where Mikey had let off. Mikey announced that he was going to do his homework in his room. Gerard only responded with a mumble type grunt. Not taking his eyes off the screen for a second. Mikey walked out of the room, slightly smirking as he walked out. I gave a confused smile, and lifted my left eyebrow. I knew then, he was up to something.

*

"What's up with you Rach?" Gerard asked me as he walked towards me. I pulled my head out from my lap and looked up at him.

"Nothing. Why?" I responded.

"No reason. Just asking..." Gerard lied.

"Well. Why would you think that, Gerard?" I asked sarcastically.

"Umm... I don't know, maybe because you've hardly said anything all day, and you're sitting in a corner, by yourself, when the rest of us, are over there." Gerard pointed to the other end of the room, at our friends.

Scarlet was sitting on the table, with her feet resting on a chair. Frank was sitting on the floor beside Scarlet's chair. Mikey and Ray were sitting on the table opposite Scarlet, and Ashley and Lily were over on a table, two from Ray and Mikey. Most likely bitching. I pulled a faint smile, and looked up at Gerard. He had sat down beside me, and pulled his knees to his chest.

"Seriously Rach. What's wrong? Talk to me." He whispered, leaning over to me slightly.

"Nothing. Just thinking..." I said quietly.

"'Bout what?" Gerard asked.

"Oh, wouldn't you like to know!" I turned my head at Gerard and smirked. He pulled a fake smile. When I looked up at Gerard, I noticed worry and slight annoyance in his facial expressions. He sighed.

"Ok Rach. But if you need to talk, promise you'll come talk to me?" He whispered in a worried tone.

"Yeah, promise." I whispered and smiled faintly.

He gently placed his hand on mine. It was surprisingly warm and soft. I place my other hand on top of his, and smiled.

"I'm here for you Rach." He said softly.

"I know you are." I said smiling.

I leant my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Thanks." I whispered, my eyes still closed.

*

I sat in my room, doing homework on my laptop. I wore white baggy flannelette pants that had brightly coloured stars printed on them, with a lime green tank top.
There was a rustling coming from my open window, and the occasional curse.

I got up off my bed and headed towards my window. I pulled back the curtains and saw Gerard hanging through my window. I giggled and helped him the rest of the way in.

"What the fuck are you doing here Gerard?" I said as I grabbed a Misfits hoodie and put it on.

"Ah, come on! Leave it off! It's not like I haven't seen you in your pajamas before! Take it off! Take it off!" Gerard demanded.

I laughed.

"Well, Gerard, this is low cut." I pointed out.

"And.. your point is? You used to wear them all the time, back in the day." Gerard said, his eyebrow raised slightly.

"Yes, but now Gerard, I have boobs!" I hissed.

Gerard laughed and I giggled. Gerard had sat himself on my bed, so I sat next to him.

"So what you doing here?" I asked.

"Just came to annoy the living crap out of you!" Gerard said while shoving my shoulder.

I looked at him with my "Tell-me-the-truth" stare. It worked.

He sighed.

"Mum and Dad went crazy at me again. Needed to get out of the house." He confessed.

"And I'm guessing they don't know you're here?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.

"Yep. They have no clue! So... Wanna go to the lake?" Gerard offered.

I laughed.

"You know, one day, our parents are going to catch on about our little trips to the lake at night..." I giggled.

He chuckled.

"They probably will, but what cha gonna do about it?" Gerard said.

I got up and made my way over to my draws and pulled out a pair of jeans.

"Let me put some actual pants on, and then we can go." I said quietly.

I still held the jeans in my left hand as Gerard sat on the bed and stared at me.

"Umm.. That means your going to have to turn around you little pervert!" I hissed.

"Oh! Ok! Sorry!" Gerard apologized and turned his glance at the window, but then fell forward and buried his face in my pillow. I laughed and started to take off my pants.

*

Gerard and I were at the lake, talking.
We sat near the water, with our backs resting on a huge willow that somehow got planted there.
The conversation had died off a few minutes ago, and all that could be heard was the plop of rocks breaking the waters surface, the occasional bark from a dog nearby and the sound of a small branch being torn to shreds.
Gerard stopped throwing rocks into the lake and turned towards me.
I turned towards him as well, and placed my, what was now, a small twig, on the ground beside me. We sat there, staring into each others eyes for at least a couple of minutes, before I leant in a pressed my lips against his.

At first it was just me kissing him, but then he started to react, and licked my lips softly. I opened my mouth slightly, and he slipped his tongue into my mouth. It was a sweet, but passionate kiss, and he tasted slightly of warm honey. When the kiss broke, and we stopped for air. Our eyes locked once again. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. I then, without me even realizing what I was doing. I got up, and started running. I had no idea were I was running to, but at that moment, it didn't really matter. I ran as fast as I could until my legs felt like they were about to give out. I then slowly started to walk home...

*

"SCARLET!! GET YOUR ARSE IN HERE!!" I yelled out from the door of a small, warm room.

I sighed as I watched Scarlet flirt with some random guys in year 10. I walked over towards them and grabbed Scarlet on the shoulder. She yelped.

"I'm sorry boys, but Scarlet has to go now." I mumbled through gritted teeth and put on a cheap smile, and then turned away.

I dragged her towards the door and threw her into the room. She tripped, but a table caught her fall.

"WHAT THE FUCKS UP WITH YOU, YOU PSYHCO BITCH?!" Scarlet shouted at me.

"WELL!! FIRST OF ALL! I ASK YOU FOR HELP, FOR YOUR ADVISE, AND YOUR OVER THERE, FLIRTING WITH SOME RANDOM GUYS THAT ARE PROBABLY PLOTTING THEIR PLANS TO GET YOU INTO BED! PLUS YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" I shouted back.

"Jesus Rach, calm down." Scarlet said, sat down on the floor and took my hand.

Pulling me down in front of her.

She sighed. "What's wrong?"

"You can't tell anyone Scarlet... NO ONE!!" I screamed, throwing my arms up in the air.
Scarlet took hold of them and pulled them down into my lap again.

"You can trust me Rach, now tell me...." She promise, eyebrow raised, and smiled. "I have a feeling it's got something to do with Gerard."

"Yeah?! Well... You're right. Last night, me and Gerard snuck out to the lake again, and, I.... I kissed him." I whispered.

"Oh. My. God! ARE YOU FUCKNIG SERIOUS?! TELL ME DETAILS WOMAN! DETAILS!!" Scarlet excitedly squealed.

"Scarlet, you're getting way to excited about this." I said, couldn't help but smiling faintly.

I must have had a look of dread on my face, because Scarlet sighed and whispered: "What'd you do?" in a disappointed tone.

"Well, I kissed him. And this is the part that's going to shock you. He... kissed back." I said, smiling bigger now.

Scarlet gasped and let a smile fall on her lips.

"And... when we pulled away, I, ah... ran..." I confessed.

Scarlet shot up from her spot on the floor.

"YOU WHAT?! Are fucking crazy?! You kiss him. He kisses back. And you fucking run?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! You've wanted this for a while now! You know it. I know it! So, do you wanna explain your actions!?" Scarlet yelled, standing above me.

I sighed.
"Thank you Scarlet, your love and support really means a lot to me." I said sarcastically.

She looked at me with a "don't-fuck-with-me" look.

"You know what?! I don't know why I ran! I just did! What would've happened if I had stayed? I have no fucking idea, cause I'm the idiot who ran!!" I screamed, throwing my arms up and burring my head in my lap.

"You regret it, don't you?" Scarlet said quietly, sitting back down in front of me.

"What?" I mumbled, pulling my head up to look at her.

"Running away Rachel! You regret it, don't you?" Scarlet said, voice slightly raising.

"Yeah... I guess so..." I trailed off.

I fell back, and laid on my back, staring at the white painted ceiling.

There was a brief minute of pleasant silence, before Scarlet had to break it.

"Is he a good kisser?" Scarlet whispered.

I laughed, and she started to giggle.

"You're unbelievable, you know that? I'm, sitting here, with a crisis on my hands. And all you can think about is if my best friend a good kisser!?" I screamed.

"Hey! Don't turn this back on me! You decided to kiss him! Not me!" She screamed back.

I laughed again. Then sighed

"Yes... Scarlet. He is a VERY good kisser. But, I have now decided, to, maybe... not talk to him for a while. See how that works out." I said softly.

"What good is THAT going to do?" Scarlet asked.

"What bad is it going to do?" I asked.

"Well, first, it could totally fuck your friendship an-" Scarlet started.

I snorted.

"Like I haven't fucked it up enough already. Just, trust me on this. I have no idea why, or how I'm doing it. But, just.... I don't know. I'M DOING IT OK?!" I said, cutting her off.

She laughed.

"Ok, whatever you say, all holy and wise one." She said, and bowed down at me.

We laughed and sat for the rest of recess in silence.

*

I had ignored Gerard for a whole week now.
I hadn't actually ignored him completely, I talked to him a little. But it was awkward, so we avoided it at all times.
Was Gerard ignoring me? Possibly, yes.

I was having a good day, it was Thursday, we had no school tomorrow, and we had no school on Monday. It was a four day weekend. And I couldn't be happier.

I joyfully skipped into the kitchen for a drink. Mum was making dinner as she said: "You're looking very happy today Rachel."

"How could I not be!? Four day weekend, Mum. Four day weekend." I smiled.

"Well, may I make your "four day weekend" a whole lot better?" Mum asked.

"Shoot at me mother!!" I said as I sat on a chair opposite mum.

"We're going up to the beach on the weekend wi-" Mum started before I gave her a chance to finish.

"Woo!!! Excellent! I LOVE the beach! Yeah!" I yelled.

"Well, you'll be glad to know, we're going with the Way's." Mum finished.

At that moment, my stomach dropped. Like I was on some really big and fast roller coaster, and we just went down a really steep slope. I put on the fakest smile I had pulled in a while.

"Ah, cool. When are we going?" I mumbled, taking a sip from my drink.

"We're leaving Saturday morning. And because you have no school tomorrow, you can pack then." Mum answered.

I sat there, staring at the knife Mum was using to chop carrots.

"We could only get four rooms... So it's you and Gerard, Mikey and Matt, and the couples together." She smiled, obviously happy with herself.
If only she knew the truth.

My stomach had dropped even further. I started to feel sick.

"When are we coming back?" I asked quietly.

"Monday afternoon..." she answered.

"Umm... That's cool... But, why couldn't we have siblings with siblings?" I said, turning my head away from Mum and staring at the TV.

"Well, I don't know actually. We thought, cause you and Gerard, and Mikey and Matt, get along so well. We just put you's together... Is there a problem with that?" Mum said, looking up at the last sentence she said.

"No! No! Not at all!!" I lied.

"Good. You and Gerard have had sleepovers before. Shouldn't be a problem this time. Right?" Mum said.

I had gotten up, and put my glass in the sink while mum was talking.

"Right! It's going to be awesome! Can't wait!" I said as I walked towards my room.

I turned back at mum and smiled. She smiled back.

I closed my door and leant up against it.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck! Not good! Not good!" I whispered to myself.

I walked over to my bed and leapt onto it. How the hell was I going to survive three days with just Gerard?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep, that's it. I don't really like the start that much. But I've taken a little liking to the end. Please stick around, cause there's going to be some drama in the next chapter!
It should be up in the next week or two.
PLEASE rate and review, tell me what you think. I need opinions. Badly. I can't tell if I'm going right or wrong.
Well, 'till next time!
PS.. I just found out that Gerard is (possibly) engaged!! IS IT TRUE?! Does anybody know?!
(I'm not fangirling here, I would just like to know, so I can be happy for him)
Sign up to rate and review this story