Categories > TV > Supernatural > Old Friends Come Back

Old Friends Come Back

by AmericanDebater 0 reviews

Sam and Dean, while driving, find a girl unconscious on the side of the road. After taking her to the Motel they find that she's not just any girl, bit some very dear to them from their past. *=fl...

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-07 - Updated: 2007-06-07 - 1492 words

0Unrated
It was nighttime and Dean and Sam were driving down the quiet, country road. Sam was trying to explain something to Dean, but he wasn't quite paying attention to him. His music was still loud enough for him to hear it, so his focus was on that and the road. There wasn't really interesting to look at, so that was probably why Sam was going on about, well, what he was going on about.

"Dean, are you listening to me?" he finally heard Sam say.

"Yeah." He lied.

"Liar. You were tuning me out with music and driving, I'm not stupid."

"No one said you were. But, at this moment I'd argue that statement about you not being stupid." Dean said glancing at him slightly, smiling.

"Jerk." Sam called him and Dean responded in his usual response.

"So, we've still got nothin' huh?" Dean asked after a moment of silence, referring to hunts.

"Not really. Things seem to be pretty quiet." Sam said, and both were happy about this, because it was about time that the two of them got some sort of rest, that wasn't just sleep.

Dean was about to say something when a girl, literally, flew across the road and landed on the side of the road. He immediately pulled to a stop and both him and Sammy were out of the car as fast as they could.

"Miss, are you alright?" Sam asked her, trying to revive her, while Dean looked in the direction that she had come, trying to see if he could see anything, there was nothing.

"We need to take her with us. Doesn't look like she's hurt enough to go the hospital, but we at least need to help her." Sam said, bringing Dean out his thoughts of what the heck the thing was and where it was
.
"Right. Lay her out in the back. We'll stop at the first motel we find." He said as Sam picked her up, he actually was stronger than some people; his brother in particular, gave him credit for.

"What do ya think happened out there?" Sam asked once the girl, who was actually around their age it seemed, was situated in the back and they were once again driving along the road.

"I don't know. I didn't see anything out there. Something got to her though." Dean said, making sure to watch the road. Both were silent the rest of the way, both lost in their own thoughts about what had happened, which if thoughts had been compared, would be very much alike.

After checking in under the name, Billy Kidman-he'd been in an interesting mood-Dean grabbed his and Sam's bags out of the trunk while Sam carried the still unconscious girl and walked to their room.

"Think we should check for ID or something?" Dean suggested as Sam placed her on one of the beds.

"Maybe I should." Sam said, with a half glare half smile.

"Dude, she's unconscious, what do think I am, some sicko?" he gave Sam a look that told him not to answer the question.

"ID, I guess it wouldn't hurt to check her front pockets." Sam said, getting off the topic of him doing something to her.

Dean gently put his hand in her pocket in hopes of finding some sort of ID, but all he got was what felt like a death grip on his wrist. When he looked up he saw the girl glaring at him.

"Better tell what you're doin' in my pocket, buster." She ordered.

"He was just looking for some ID, we found you on the side of the road unconscious and thought we'd lend you a hand." Sam explained before Dean could say something stupid to her.

"Why not take me to a hospital?" she questioned.

"Motel was closer, plus we can patch up a wound if necessary." He told her honestly.

"Right. So, you're not plannin' on molestin' me are ya?" she asked suspiciously.

"Uh, no." Dean told her.

"Alright, well names, Jessica James, Jessie if want." She told them smiling.

"So, Jessie James huh?" Dean asked smiling, something more than her name was amusing him.

"Yeah. Parents idea of a joke I guess." She said rolling her eyes as she smiled.

"Well nice to meet you, Jessie. I'm Sam and this is my older brother Dean." Sam introduced him and Dean.

"Probably not Winchester, right?" She asked after a couple seconds, a sort of hopeful look in her eye.

"Actually yeah. How'd you know?" Dean asked, more suspicious than curious.

"Sam, you wouldn't have happened to used to have a nickname, Sammy Sosa?" she asked Sam.

"Uh, yeah, I did. Who are you?"

"Dean, Sam, remember a girl, aged right in the middle of you, Jennifer Norbit?" both brothers got wide eyes. They hadn't heard the name in about four years. She had been a friend of theirs. They'd first met when Dean was twelve and Sam was eight.

*"Sons, I'd like you to meet an old friend of mine from the Marines. He helps me on hunts sometimes." John Winchester said as he introduced Sam and Dean to a man, named, Daniel Norbit.

"Nice to meet you boys. If you want, while we talk boring adult talk, can go outside in the garage. My daughter's out there." He told them smiling as they shook his hand.

"Go on boys, and Dean, be good." He warned Dean since at the age of twelve, he was already getting himself into trouble. Dean just rolled his eyes at him as he and Sam walked out the garage. As they got closer they could hear Skynard singing from inside the garage. When they reached it, both saw someone standing over the engine of a car.

"Hey, what kind of car's that?" Dean asked the person. He was very enthralled with cars, especially the classics.

"'65 Mustang. It's my Dad's, but he lets me tinker a bit in it when I want to." The person said as they turned around. Both were shocked when the person faced them and took off their hat, turned out she was a she. Something they hadn't expected.

"You're a girl." Dean said shocked.

"Really, wow. When did this happen?" she said smiling

"So, you're a girl and you're listening to Skynard and working on a car. That's not normal." He stated what he believed to be true.

"Why shouldn't I do those things, other than the small fact that you want to point out about me being a girl?" she asked as she came up to him. She was just as tall as he was. She was also giving him a look, almost as if she was daring him to do something about.

"Uh, I don't know." He admitted.

"Ok, name's Jen by the way." She said smiling as she changed topics.

"I'm Dean and that's Sammy." He said as he pointed to himself and then to Sam who was watching them.

"How old are you?" Sam asked curiously.

"Ten, how 'bout you?" she asked.

"I'm eight and in second grade." He told her proudly.

"Cool. I'm in fourth, nothing special about it. How 'bout you Dean?" she asked turning back to face him.

"Twelve. A sixth grader." He said. He was actually surprised to find that she was younger than him, mostly due to her height.

"Gosh, I want to be a sixth grader. You guys do cool stuff." She said, her tough persona leaving.

"We do. But, until you reach sixth grade, it's top secret, so can't tell ya anything 'bout it." He told her smiling.

"Well, whatever. It's only two years away, hey, we may even be in the sixth grade together." She said, grinning evilly.

Dean sighed in aggravation. He was about to say something else when both their dads came out.

"So everybody getting a long?" Mr. Norbit asked, looking at all of them.

"Yes, Daddy. We've become best friends." Jen said, an evil grin pointed at Dean who only glared at her when their dads weren't looking.

"Great. So then I guess we could let you stay here together than for a few days while the two of go away on a hunt." He said.

"Daddy, they can't know about that." She tried to tell him.

"Jen, Mr. Winchester does the same thing I do. Don't you remember me explaining that to you last night." He told her.

"Oh, right. Ok." She said. That night the three of them hung out, eating the Mac-n-Cheese Jen had made. She enjoyed hanging with Sam and Dean, with Sam she'd play, with Dean, she'd just bug and tease and had fun doing so.*

Is it really you, Jen?" Dean asked surprised.

"In the flesh." She said smiling. The same smile he remembered.

"Wonderful to see you again." Sam said as he gave her a hug. Dean watched, shocked that she was sitting right in front of him, alive.
Sign up to rate and review this story