Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Innocence Eternal

Chapter Two

by MyVengefulRomance 3 reviews

Please read. I'm not updating until I get three reviews...is that too much to ask for?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Horror, Romance - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-08 - Updated: 2007-06-08 - 891 words

1Exciting
` Disclaimer- I don't own anything recognizable, but everything else is mine; this never happened.

A/N- See first chapter for all important author's notes and warnings. Now, so you know, I'm writing ahead. When you read this chapter, I'll have three more ahead of it done. That way I'm ahead of the game, which is nice, for once. Brendon is still five in this (God, five year old Bren? Can you get more adorable? Like, I'm about to eat this kid, who's inside my head. It's quite strange, truth be told.) Enjoy...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Goodnight, angel. Sleep tight," Mommy said, pressing a feather-light kiss to Brendon's forehead. Brendon smiled up at her, and said, "'Night, Mommy. I love you."

"I love you, too, baby. Sleep well."

She brushed the bangs out of his eyes, and smiled down at him. He grinned back, his eyes bright. After a minute of just watching her son stare up at her, she broke out of the trance she had somehow fallen into. It was just so easy to get lost in those chocolate eyes. Little did she know that Brendon was thinking the exact same about her eyes.

"Well, 'night, baby," she said, turning and walking from his room. She paused in the doorway, turning back to look at him. His eyes were now closed, his chest rising and falling steadily. A soft smile graced her lips, and she turned, flicking the light off and closing the door behind her.

She slowly walking downstairs, and went into the kitchen. Her boss, 'Big Man' as Brendon called him, but Marco in reality, would arrive soon and demand money she didn't have. And she'd deny him.

She knew that he'd get angry and she'd potentially get hurt, but it was worth it. It was worth getting out of this mess. Brendon knowing what was going on was a real eye-opener. She was half-glad he knew what she really did.

Her thoughts rested on the pros and cons of Brendon knowing as she began to wash the dishes from dinner. He was so smart, but so young. But an outsider would just think that he was an ordinary boy just from looking at him.

Marveling on her perfect son, she began to dry the dishes.

"Arden," a gruff voice said from behind her. The dish slipped from her fingers as she gasped, spinning around to face the intruder. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she recognized the face staring at her.

"Oh, Marco," she breathed, clutching at her chest. "You scared the hell out of me."

"Cut the crap," Marco snarled. Arden blinked, frowning.

"What-?"

Marco grabbed her wrists, slamming her against the cabinets behind her. Putting his face close to her so that their noses were almost touching, he said, "You know what I'm talkin' 'bout. Now where's my money, bitch?"

Arden bit her lip, and then sucked in a deep breath.

"Marco, I'm sorry. I don't have it, and I won't. I'm not working for you anymore."

"Excuse me?" Marco asked, releasing her and taking a step back, staring at her incredulously.

Arden repeated firmly, "I don't have your money, and you wouldn't get it if I did. I'm not working for you any more; it's not worth it."

Marco's lip curled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brendon was wide awake, staring at the ceiling. He knew Big Man was here. He heard the door open, and heard the smashing noise. It sounded like a plate breaking, but Brendon wasn't too sure. He wondered what it would sound like for his mommy to break.

Brendon shuddered. Now /that /was something he didn't want to think about. They sounded angry, the voices did, but then it had gone silent.

The silence was making Brendon nervous.

Silence, in his experience, was never good. It was always silent before something bad happened. Like the time his real daddy came to town. When his mommy had opened the door and he was standing there, it had been terribly silent.

And then his daddy had tried to hurt him, and Brendon remembered screaming for his mommy, who was calling someone on the telephone. The men in blue in the cars with the sirens came soon, police they were called, and saved them, taking his daddy away.

And it was silent then.

Just like it was silent now.

Brendon squeezed his eyes shut, and pulled the covers over his head. He counted to ten, and then back to zero, and then to twenty, and back to zero, and then to thirty, and so on. His numbers barely did anything to calm him down this time. That was slightly odd.

He was on the number 87 when a loud bang shook the house. He jumped, fear seizing his chest as he heard Mommy's loud scream rip through the house. The door was slammed shut, and his mommy screamed again.

Brendon pulled his knees to his chest, tears wetting his cheeks. He buried his head in his hands, crying softly. There were sirens in the distance, but besides that...

It was silent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Please review, with lots of con-crit! I'll give you muffins! waves fresh-baked muffins in your faces Thanks...

Oh, I just wanted to do this: in a sing-song voice I'm gonna see HIM! I'm gonna see HIM! I'm gonna see HIM! does happy dance
Sign up to rate and review this story