Categories > Celebrities > AFI > All The Love In The World

All The Love In The World

by mysteekmeg

Every day Smith looks to his brother and the band mates around him and wonders - Why do you get all the love in the world?

Category: AFI - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-06-08 - Updated: 2007-06-09 - 1202 words

?Blocked
All The Love In The World



Watching all the insects march along


Seem to know just right where they belong


Smears of face reflecting in the chrome


Hiding in the crowd I'm all alone



Smith sat in silence on the couch that was seated backstage at the 'Crow', his right leg crossed over his left and his arms tightly crossed over his chest. His white shirt hugged his slim body, his tattooed arms shown with pride. His hat sat comfortably on top of his head, it was a perfect fit and Smith knew it was love at first sight with this combination of fabrics. He bit his lip, nibbling at it harder and harder until the skin broke; the metallic taste of blood swimming around his mouth and throat. His lip was sucked into his mouth as he drew as much blood as possible out of it. His eyes focused on the white carpet beneath him, as if his eye sight was zooming in too look at every detail in the fabric beneath him. His body moved forwards a fraction, spotting a small spider making its way over the bumpy carpet. Smith stared at it for longer and watched it as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. Its small legs moved across the strands of fabric, feeling and savouring the touch. The hairs on its legs lightly grazing across it and it began to move around as if it was at home. It acted like it knew where everything was, who everyone was; Smith was amazed by this insect. It knew everything, but not everyone. No one knew who Smith really was, what he thought and what he was really feeling or thinking.

"Smith come on, the show's about to start." Adam called from the stage door and Smith's head jumped up, nodding and giving a big toothy grin. As soon as Adam disappeared the smile vanished from his face; replaced by a sad frown, his eyes seemed darker than usual but empty. A small sigh was released from his lightly parted lips and hoisted himself up of the couch. He stood up straight, his hands moving to his back and applying pressure until one of the bones clicked. His arms fell by his sides and he stared at the insect, hearing the roar of the crowd that was outside the room and awaiting the band. The calls for each band mate echoed through the walls, but Smith's ears only picked up one name that was being chanted over and over again.

Jade.

His brother was adored by many fans; he had just joined the band and had already fit in perfectly. Unlike Smith, who still found it difficult and got paranoid over the other band members not liking him. It was the small things that really got to Smith. No one knew who he was, unknown the world and adored by no one, well that's what he thought and started to believe it more and more everyday.

"Smith hurry up!" Jade's voice echoed into the room and Smith jumped into action, striding out of the room and walked across the stage. Keeping his head down from people from the crowd and stood at the side of the stage. His mind was racing, never noticing a new song that was being played or when someone tried to talk to him. He never said a word.

His head shot up, focusing on his brother jumping and running across the stage. Doing his twirls that he was well known for. Smith started to grind his teeth as he watched his brother, the fans that were trying to throw themselves at him and the way he had all the love in the room. The whole band was loved, but Smith only envied Jade. He had always been the lucky one out of the two. Jade's life was practically perfect and Smith's was...not.

Half an hour later the show had finished, Smith walking across the stage and ignoring the band. He grabbed a beer from the crate and fell down on the couch behind him. Taking a big gulp from the bottle and resting his head back on the couch.

"Hey Smith, you alright?" The drummer asked, helping himself to a beer himself. His body was covered in sweat from the show, his black sweat band on his forehead failed to work and he was still trying to steady his breathing. Smith shrugged, getting off the couch and walked out of the room quietly. Adam turned to Jade who was just coming into the room, running a towel over his face to get rid of the sweat and a smile graced his lips from the amazing show they had just done.

"Jade I think there's something up with Smith." Adam announced, sitting down on the couch and placing his drum sticks next to his thigh.

"Yeah he does seem a bit off." Davey interjected as he heard the conversation as he was just entering the room. "Sorry guys but I'm getting changed in here, I don't think I can wear these pants any longer."

"Like I care Dave." Jade laughed, giving his lover a wink and walked over to the door, throwing the towel over his shoulder. "I'm going to go and check on Smith."

Adam nodded whilst Davey grunted besides him, trying to pry his vinyl pants off his legs. Jade brushed his stringy fringe from his eyes, walking down the hall; being careful not to bump into anyone or cause a disturbance. He sucked in his stomach as he squeezed past two women that were huddled in the small hallway and finally got to the door, which was already open. He poked his head out, looking for Smith and within a few seconds recognised his younger brother.

Smith leant his head against the cold, brick wall behind him. His knees brought to his chest and his feet randomly tapped the floor beneath them. His grip around the neck of his bottle loosening until he felt it slip from his fingers, the bottle crashing to the ground with the liquid seeping out of it. He watched as the beer guided it's self over the bumps on the concrete floor, the way it used the cracks as a road to spread further.

"Smith?" Jade whispered and the younger mans head shot up, giving Jade a sad smile. Jade walked closer to his brother, kneeling down in front of him and placing his hand on his knee. "What's been up with you lately?"

"Nothing." Smith muttered, lowering his head and trying to shy away from Jade.

"Nothing?" Jade asked and the other man nodded his head in response. "Smith stop lying and hiding things from me. I'm your brother, you should be able to trust me. Talk to me."

"Don't start Jade, if I don't want to tell you then I won't. You would never understand anyway." Smith hissed, pushing Jade off his knees which caused him to fall backwards. Stunned at his younger brothers actions. Smith jumped up and walked away, ignoring the looks Jade was giving him and the things he was saying. He' s too loved to understand.

--TBC--
Sign up to rate and review this story