Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Senses Fail

Goodbye Blue Sky

by horsie890 0 reviews

Mikey

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Other - Published: 2007-06-08 - Updated: 2007-06-09 - 487 words

0Unrated
"Where am I?" I asked slowly, unable to open my eyes just yet. They felt like they were glued shut. I knew there was at least one other person in the room, because I heard him breathing clearly.

"You're in the hospital, Michael." I didn't recognize the voice, but the words were spoken cleanly, in a professional tone. It sounded like he was trying to speak warmly, but his words brought fear to me.

"Why?"

"You and several others at the concert got food poisoning of some sort. We haven't been able to identify the source yet, but it seems like you and the other band members have gotten the worst of it." I swallowed nervously, shutting my eyes even tighter. Thin tears escaped from between my eyelids, dissolving the collected matter that had held them closed. Why just the band? Was someone after us? And what about Muse, our tour partners? They could have been in danger, too.

"Where's my brother? I want to talk to him." The sound of my voice surprised me. I was speaking like a young child. The man, probably a doctor, sighed deeply and flipped a piece of paper to its reverse side.

"I'm afraid you can't do that." I asked why, but he didn't respond. I rubbed my eyes and opened them slowly, blinking a few times to clear my vision.

I think my heart stopped beating then, because there was only darkness in front of me. 'My eyes must not be all the way open,' I thought. 'I don't know how long I've been unconscious. They'll be fine in a few seconds.' I waited those few seconds. I closed and opened my eyes several times. But I still saw nothing.

"Is something wrong?" the doctor asked me with a hint of worry. I inhaled sharply, feeling dry sobs attack my chest.

"Alicia...I need to talk to Alicia..." I choked out. Now my voice sounded sore, and I knew it was because I was trying not to cry.

"First you need to tell me what's wrong; otherwise I won't be able to help you," the doctor said firmly.

"I can't see!"

Minutes later, I was crying into Alicia's shoulder, trying desperately to believe this was only some sort of horribly realistic nightmare. Even so, I knew it wasn't. She was trying to tell me it was okay, but I just couldn't believe her.

"Why won't they let me talk to my brother?" I said through the sobs.

"I don't know, Mikey. They're not telling me anything, either. They want to wait until your parents get here."

"I want to see him! I want to see my big brother! I want to see-" I couldn't finish. I was crying uncontrollably. I knew we couldn't perform like this. Gerard couldn't sing and I couldn't play. God, I couldn't even imagine what had happened to the rest of the guys.
Sign up to rate and review this story