Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Senses Fail

Hey You

by horsie890 0 reviews

Bob

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2007-06-09 - Updated: 2007-06-10 - 394 words

0Unrated
I felt frozen.

I wanted to open my eyes, to sit up and see where I was, but I couldn't. I felt like I had enough energy to at least do that, but my body wouldn't allow it. My brain firmly commanded me to remain still, and I had no choice but to obey.

I heard someone enter the room, pressing various buttons on the machines I was hooked up to. Again I tried to move. I could hear and feel just fine; my breathing was slow and rhythmic, but not abnormally so. If I was sleeping it would have been considered normal.

But I wasn't asleep. I was very much awake, and I was starting to get afraid.

I tried to open my mouth to speak, but it felt cemented in place. I had become, in essence, a statue. I was alive on the inside, but probably dead-looking on the outside. I had heard of sleep paralysis before, where the mind awakens but the body remains in a catatonic state. It had never happened to me, at least not before this incident. It is a terrifying experience.

A shockwave ran through me, allowing me to open my eyes and nothing more. I blinked several times, savoring the freedom I had suddenly gained. My eyes began to water, but I didn't care. I would find a way out of this motionless prison. I had to.

A face entered my vision.

"He's alive," he said. I wondered who he was speaking to; surely it wasn't me. The magnitude of his words hit me suddenly. If I was alive, I must have been close to death at some point.

"He's flat lining again; everyone stand clear!" said another person. Another shockwave coursed through my body. I could move my mouth now, but when I tried to speak I found my vocal chords still frozen. I felt a single tear on the side of my face. Another shockwave. Why did they keep doing this to me? Pain washed over me, but I couldn't scream at them to stop, even if I wanted to.

I closed my mouth, seeing that it's futile to try speaking. I closed my eyes, and they become solidified in place. I could hear my own heartbeat. The sound was strangely comforting. At least I knew I was alive, even if I felt dead.
Sign up to rate and review this story