Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Pirates of the Chemical Romance

Chapter 8

by horsie890 0 reviews

Chapter 8. Make sure you've read 7!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-11 - Updated: 2007-06-12 - 624 words

0Unrated
He watched from a distance as Frank sighed again, leaning on both elbows placed on the ship's railing. The dark-haired man hadn't taken his eyes from the horizon for several hours.

"Something wrong, Frank?" the pale-haired man asked sincerely, approaching him. Frank continued watching the expanse of moonlit water before him.

"I miss her," he muttered to himself, feeling a tear slide down the left side of his face. He was glad the captain couldn't see it, or he would have been sharply reprimanded.

"Who?" the captain asked.

"Jamia," said Frank. The captain rolled his eyes.

"I thought I already told you-" he began.

"-That women are trouble," Frank finished. "I know, I know. But I can't stop thinking about her."

"You need to," he said simply. Frank stopped a retort from exiting his mouth. He had learned not to speak out of turn, but it was a sensitive subject for him. He couldn't just 'forget' her. He decided to change the subject before anything else happened.

"We haven't heard from our English friends in a while," he said with a smirk. "Perhaps they've forgotten about us."

"It's been months," the captain responded, also looking out across the horizon. "Normally I'd be inclined to agree with you, but it doesn't seem like something they would do. We need to be on our guard." His eyes narrowed as he continued watching the horizon. "Especially since they've just found us."
-
Michael pored over the map laid out in front of him, blinking several times. The crisscrossing lines seemed to swim before his eyes in the low candlelight, but there was no other way to see. He shifted slightly in his chair, not having moved for several hours.

The door banged open suddenly and startled him. He looked up to see one of his officers standing there.

"What is it?"

"We've spotted them to the west, sir," the uniformed man said almost breathlessly. Michael nodded in acknowledgment and stood, grateful for the chance to move after so long. He went out to the ship's deck and took the offered telescope, looking through it to the horizon.

"That's definitely them," he said with certainty, returning the scope to its owner. The wind began to pick up, blowing humid ocean air through his hair.

"Orders, sir?" one man asked. Michael never moved his gaze as he spoke. He had heard of this particular pirate's reputation, and knew they needed to be careful.

"Be ready for anything. Load the cannons tonight; I don't want them sneaking up on us by tomorrow morning."

"Sir, the ship will travel much slower with the weight distributed as such," the man responded. Michael finally looked away from the choppy waters and glared at him.

"I would rather have that than be floating in the water with no ship to speak of," he said. His words were softly spoken, but the man rushed to obey him. Though quiet and reserved, he held a certain air of power that most people couldn't quite identify. Some said it was because of his striking hazel eyes.

At the moment, his mind was narrowly focused on the task ahead, but he found it wandering, and not for the first time since that day. His thoughts always seemed to trail back to the same thing, even though it had been a long time. He always thought of her.

'She's so beautiful,' he thought with a longing sigh. Then the militaristic half of his mind kicked in. 'Such a shame she has to be a pirate. And you do not associate with them. They are worthless fools who are not intelligent enough to earn an honest living. Your family is better than pirates, Michael. Do not forget it.'
Sign up to rate and review this story