Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Senses Fail

Is There Anybody Out There?

by horsie890 0 reviews

Mikey

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-06-13 - Updated: 2007-06-14 - 574 words

0Unrated
The TV was on right in front of me. I couldn't see it, but the noise was comforting. Familiar. I didn't know what I was watching, but I was just glad to have the sound.

"Gerard will get here later," Ray told me. I nodded.

"What about Frank? Is he coming too?"

"Yeah." Ray walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I was glad; earlier I had tripped over something on the floor, and I didn't want to risk falling on my face. I turned the TV off; it seemed kind of pointless, really.

It was quiet. I knew I wasn't alone in the house, but it seemed like it. I couldn't hear anything at all.

"Is there anybody out there?"

My words reverberated through the air and vanished instantly, lost in the sounds of the rain falling outside. The silence was starting to become frightening. I heard faint footsteps outside the door, but no one answered my question.

"Is there anybody out there?" I asked again. Still no answer. I felt my hands starting to shake from fear. I didn't like being alone. I always needed someone else there, or I would go insane. The darkness that had overtaken my vision was definitely not helping. Now even if someone was there, I wouldn't know it. I would never know again. I carefully stood and crept toward the door.

"Is there anybody...out there?" I asked softly. I couldn't take it anymore. I made my way over to the window and opened it, feeling it fall away from my fingertips as it swung toward the rain. A few soft gusts of wind blew the rain towards me, stinging my face with cold needles of water, but I didn't care. I was already alone, so I had nothing else to lose. I missed it so much, being able to see. There was no way to describe the feeling of pure terror I felt every time I opened my eyes, only to be greeted with darkness. I had never seen true black until I lost the ability to compare it to anything. Darkness was all I knew anymore.

"Is there anybody out there?!" I nearly screamed, feeling warm tears begin to fall from my eyes. The door opened and someone pulled me away from the window, obviously thinking I was about to jump out of it and land on the ground two stories below. Maybe I should have done that. I would have been a lot better off. No one was out there to stop me, anyway.

"Mikey, what were you thinking?!" Ray asked me in shock, leading me back to my bed. I buried my face in my hands. The tears were coming more steadily.

"...I wasn't," I answered quietly. "I just - I don't know, Ray. I just want this all to end."

"All of us do, Mikey," said Ray.

"I miss my brother," I muttered to myself. I would be alone forever now. I would never again see Gerard's face or hear his voice. There had to be a way out of this.

"He'll be here soon; don't worry," Ray assured me. It didn't really matter. Gerard and I couldn't talk to each other...I couldn't even see him. "Hey...hello? Is there anybody in there?" Ray asked jokingly. I cleared the fog from my mind, smiling slightly. I couldn't let him know how much his words had scared me.
Sign up to rate and review this story