Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Something I Treasure

Prologue

by SapphireShell91 0 reviews

The Zodiac Curse has finally broken, only to move on to the next Generation. The old curse Sohma have forgotten someone important to them and how they broke their curse, so how can they help the ne...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Characters: Akito, Arisa, Ayame, Hatori, Hatsuharu, Hiro, Isuzu, Kagura, Kasuma, Kisa, Kureo, Kyo, Megumi, Momiji, Ritsu, Saki, Shigure, Tohru, Yuki - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-06-15 - Updated: 2007-06-16 - 606 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: OK, The prologue is a bit confusing, i'm sorry.
Disclaimer: I don't OWN Fruits Basket, if i did i'd change the last couple of chapters a bit

Something I treasure most, hmm, when I was asked that, when I was younger I would say my mom, cause I did, I did treasure her the most, she was all I had in the word, she was my world. As I grew older, I still treasure her, but I learnt to treasure others too, like my Aunts and my grandfather and my Shishou, I treasure them too, because they help take care of us. They would help, even if we were to shy to ask for it.
Once, when I was very small, I think I was five, yeah that's right I had just started going to the Dojo with Shishou, and I asked Mom this question, she just looked at me for a moment and start to say something that sounded like Mom, but then she stopped herself, she looked sadly out the kitchen window of our small apartment for a bit as if she would find the answer she soughed where out there in the big wide world. After a time she turn back to me with her big, cheerful smile on her face, she bent down and pick me up, "you are what I treasure most in the world silly." She said laughing, hugging me tightly, I hugged her back happily but couldn't help but think there was someone else she treasure, I may have been only five at the time, but I saw the sadness in her eyes. The same sadness that enter them whenever she told me the Story of the 12 Zodiac, she looked so sad when she reached the part where the Cat was left out of the 12 Zodiac, only because it had missed the Banquet all because of that mischievous rat. I remember when I was older enough to understand the story and it's meaning , I was so angry at the rat for tricking the Cat into missing the Banquet and therefore being left out of the group.
"that mean, no good Rat, who does he think he is," I yelled, jumping out of bed, making my mother jump also from surprise at my sudden lunge to stand, "I hope the cat finally gets him." My mother just looked at me, sadly and mumbled "you really are just like him," she said, she sounded strangely proud but sad at the same time. I sat back down again, "mom," I mumbled, my mother, looked at me surprised at my sudden calmness, but smiled at me to continue, I curl my hands into a fists and yelled "mom, I'm no longer born into a Dragon, I'm born into a Cat." I declare to her and to the world, then my mother did something I didn't expect, she started laughing. "I wonder what he'd say if he knew he had a fan," she giggled, I frown. He, huh.
She hugged tightly and whispered, "You know what I treasure most, You, my friends and my Zodiac." and with that walked to her treasure chest, taking out a long good chain with charms all long it. I stare at it, in wonder. "The 12 Zodiac!" I gasped, my mother smiled, but shock her head, "no the 12 Zodiac and the Cat." She showed me the charm of the Cat.
"Out of the entire Zodiac, I treasure the Cat the most."


Authors Note: sorry, i know it's conusing, but next chapter i promise is not as conusing, well it will be if you haven't read later volumes.
Sign up to rate and review this story