Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter Five: Let Mortal Kombat begin!

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

As Serenity, Tranquility, and the other Chosen walk out to the Battle Arena, she has a flash back to the Silver Millennium, when she and her mother first met Shao Khan. Shao Khan welcomes them to ...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2005-11-23 - Updated: 2005-11-24 - 1936 words

0Unrated
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHAPTER SUMMARY: Serenity and Tranquility get to know the Chosen Warriors of the Earth Realm...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
- -
-
-
CHAPTER FIVE: LET MORTAL KOMBAT BEGIN! -
-
-
-
The Chosen made their way to the battle arenas, each mentally preparing themselves for the upcoming battles. As they passed through one particular corridor, Serenity, Clarimond, and Scorpious paused at a large dent/crack in the wall. Scorpious blinked and shrugged slightly before following the others. Serenity arched a regal brow and shook her head slightly, silently pondering what could have caused the destruction while the cyber scanned the damage and filed the mystery away to solve in its leisure. The hime and the cyber then continued the walk to the arena. The shadowy figure followed them silently, pausing a moment to stare at the crack and rub its head...

Serenity had seen many things and met many powerful beings in her previous life; visiting OutWorld and meeting Emperor Shao Khan was one of her most vivid memories. When she began to regain her memories in this life, she had thought her first meeting with the Emperor of OutWorld and the diplomatic visit to OutWorld had been a nightmare - when she regained all of her memories, she was more than a little distressed to realize that those events actually did happen and took the aid of her twin to help calm her down...
-
-
*** FLASH BACK *****
-
-
Serenity looked over at her mother, wanting to get this diplomatic trip over with. The portal opened before them and the Elder Inner Sailor and Soldier Senshi stepped through the opened portal first with Queen Serenity and Serenity-hime following them and the young Soldier Senshi of Saturn following the pair like a shadow. As they emerged from the portal, the found themselves standing in a gloomy throne room. In the center of the throne room was a large dais. Sitting in the throne was a large figure in black leather armor and a silver and black skull mask. Glowing crimson eyes glowered at the new arrivals. The Elder Senshi fanned out in a protective semi-circle before the Queen and her Heir and the shadowy figure of the Prince of Saturn crouched down into a defensive stance.

"Greetings, Queen Serenity of the White Moon," rumbled the voice of the dark Emperor, "Am I correct in assuming that the lovely young woman beside you is Serenity-hime?"

"You are correct in your assumption, Emperor Khan. Are you aware why we are here?" Queen Serenity replied coolly.

The Emperor nodded his head, his crimson eyes never wavering from the slender form of Serenity-hime. The young hime hide an expression of revulsion and the Dosei no Ouji-sama (prince of Saturn) crept forward and placed his long black cloak on her shoulders, as though trying to safeguard her from the Emperor's gaze.

"Doomo, Saturn-kun," Serenity-hime whispered, using the term of address the Young Soldier Senshi used for one another.

The Ouji-sama nodded slightly and returned to the shadows, never taking his eyes from the Emperor.

"I am aware that you wish for your Alliance to be left out of the Mortal Kombat tournaments." The Emperor said.

Queen Serenity nodded slightly. "We of the Silver Alliance wish to remain completely neutral, only aiding those who are refugees and in dire need of assistance."

"You have spoken to the Elder Gods of this?" Shao Khan asked.

"We have. They are willing to give their acceptance to our proposal on one condition: You must be in total agreement with the proposal." The Queen replied, tilting her head slightly.

"You have given me a great deal to think about. I will give you my answer on the morrow. I offer you the hospitably of my fortress." Emperor Kahn stated.

"We thank you for your kindness and accept your offer, Emperor Khan." The Queen said, ignoring the startled looks from the Elder Inner Soldier Senshi and her daughter.
-
-
-
-
-
"Why are we still here, Kaa-chan?" Serenity-hime asked her mother.

"It would have been ill-mannered if we had declined his offer..." her mother stated before continuing through the mental link mother and daughter shared, /That, and it would have been suspicious for us to show up later that night./

Serenity-hime's eyes widened in realization as she replied mentally. /Is that why Saturn-kun accompanied us? To sneak around?/

//Hai, musume-chan/. Saturn-kun's abilities will allow him to retrieve classified information on Khan's warriors./ The Queen responded as she began to undo her buns and comb out her long silvery-lavender hair.

The mother and daughter gossiped together with the Elder Inner Sailor Senshi while the Sailor Senshi's Husbands stood guard. It did not take the Dosei no Ouji-sama long to find what he had been looking for.

/Your Majesty, I have found that Khan has enslaved several species: Saurians, Centaurs, Shokans, Edenians, Nagains, and many I do not recognize. I have observed the Crown Princess of Edenia; she seems quite rebellious against her step-father./ came the quiet, dark voice of Saturn-kun in the minds of the Queen and Hime. /Also, Khan seems to have plans for harming the /Hime-sama/. Keep your guards up around the /Hime-sama/, /Minna-san/.///

/Understood, Saturn-kun. We were planning on using guard shifts all night, just to be on the safe side./ Replied the mental voice of the Elder Soldier Senshi of Mars, King Ares the twelfth.

After the Ouji-sama returned from his reconnaissance, they were visited by one of Khan's servants, informing them that dinner would soon be ready. Serenity-hime helped her mother dress and redo her hair.

"I will inform the Emperor that you are not feeling well, /musume-chan/." The Queen said as she pulled a shawl around her shoulders.

/Have one of the Senshi accompanying you to cast a spell to search for any poisons or drugs in your wine and meal/.** Serenity-hime warned.

"Sleep well my daughter." Queen Serenity said as she placed a gentle kiss on her daughter's forehead. /I will. Sleep well, Saturn-kun will watch over you./
-
-
-
-
-
Not too long after her mother left for dinner, Serenity-hime found herself restless and unable to sleep. She rose from her bed and pulled on a thin silk robe over the matching nightgown. In near silence, she walked to her bedroom's balcony and looked at the landscape sprawling before her; she stifled a cry at what she saw. OutWorld was a dark, desolate nightmare: Smoke rose from the numerous fires that dotted the bleak landscape and there was no moon shining down from the overcast sky, with towering ruins jutted from the land -- the stench of decay was oppressive. Serenity-hime felt slender, yet strong hands pull her back into her bedroom and the balcony door slammed shut. Turning, she looked up at the shadowy figure of the Dosei no Ouji-sama....
-
-
**** END FLASH BACK ******
-
-
Serenity snapped out of her memories as she stepped out into the dim sunlight. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly as she and the other Chosen stepped into the arena's sidelines. On the sidelines were several fighters from Outworld, each warming up. The Chosen of Earth Realm spread out in a fan formation behind the hime-sama.

"Welcome, warriors, to Mortal Kombat. The matches will be decided by my Shadow Priests." Shao Khan told them before a man in long black robes handed the Emperor a scroll. "First match, Clarimond against Baraka."

Serenity turned to look at Rayden. "Clarimond is one of our protectors, why is it fighting?!"

"I believe this is another of Khan's demonstrations; he's trying to show that our protectors are weak and possibly to try and destroy them while he can." Rayden growled.

The cyber stepped forward into the arena, waiting for its opponent to show himself. A bald, muscular mutant also stepped into the arena, stepping from the shadows of Khan's throne. The mutant looked at the cyber and peeled his lips back to reveal rows of fangs and clenched his fists; sharp looking blades of bone popped out of his forearms as he lowered into a fighting stance. Clarimond returned the stance and they both waited for...

"FIGHT!!" Khan bellowed.

Without hesitation, the two fighters lunged at one another. Clarimond ducked beneath a swipe intended to take its head off and retaliated with a snap kick to Baraka's midsection, knocking the breath from him; the machine followed up with a brutal uppercut to the mutant's jaw, sending him flying backwards across the arena. As the mutant soared through the air, Clarimond dashed forward and leapt into the air with a perfect jump kick, sending the airborne mutant into the hard stone arena floor. It landed beside Baraka and brought one leg up, preparing to deliver a leg drop over the mutant's neck, killing the mutant and ending the match. Baraka, however, had other plans. He rapidly moved his legs, kicking the cyber's feet out from under it. With a loud thud, Clarimond struck the stone floor of the arena. Both Chosen swiftly rolled back into their respective fighting stances.

Once more they lunged at one another, only with Clarimond slamming its foot into Baraka's jaw, sending malformed fanged teeth flying. The mutant slammed into the ground with the cyber landing on its feet out of his reach.

"Analyze complete. Beginning download," the cyber stated.

"Huh?" Baraka grunted, holding his jaw as he forced himself to his feet.

"Download complete," Clarimond said as it lowered into a fighting stance exactly like Baraka's. It clenched its fists and with twin shik sounds, a blade of metal sprung from each forearm guard.

The mutant stepped backwards in surprise, allowing for the cyber to lunge forward. Baraka brought up one arm in an attempt to defend himself, only to find his arm was gone, severed by Clarimond's blades. The cyber slammed its foot into his jaw, sending the mutant flying backwards.

"FINISH HIM!" Shao Khan bellowed in disgust.

Clarimond strode forward without hesitation. Baraka forced himself to his feet, clutching the stump that remained of his arm; he hissed when he caught sight of the cyber coming towards him. With nothing to lose, the bald mutant preformed a Kamikaze attack; he lunged forward, driving the first right centimeters his remaining blade into the shoulder of Clarimond. The cyber responded by slicing Baraka's blade in half with it's own weapon and slashing the mutant across the abdomen, disemboweling him. His scream of pain was abruptly ended when Clarimond decapitated him; the mutant's head and body fell to the ground, leaving the cyber to stand victorious over his corpse. The machine withdrew its blades and idly pulled the remnants of Baraka's blade from its shoulder.

"Clarimond wins." Shao Khan said in disbelief.

The cyber turned and returned to the other Chosen of Earth Realm. It leaned against a wall and only a couple of fighters noticed that the fluid leaking from the cyber's shoulder was crimson...
Sign up to rate and review this story