Categories > Original > Drama > giving up

giving up

by kaden292 0 reviews

giving up

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-06-16 - Updated: 2007-06-17 - 2635 words - Complete

0Unrated
93 - giving up - :icondemonluvr: 100 theme thing-y

These are my characters!!!!!!!

He walked down the street that he walked everyday to get home, this time he had a smile on his face that just made the world a little bit better. When he entered his house no-one was in sight like he expected. He walked down the hall like he normally did, quietly he opened a door to his mom and dads office where they both worked vigorously, and things were being printed and typed at a speedy pace

~How dare you say that my behavior is unacceptable
So condescending unnecessarily critical
I have the tendency of getting very physical
So watch your step cause if I do you'll need a miracle.~

"Hey mom dad, I got an 'A' on my test," he said proudly. They didn't even hear him they continued as if he wasn't even in the room. He walked out of the room silently and passed his older brother, and watched, they completely stopped everything they were doing to hear that he got a lower grade on his test; they congratulated him as they continued talking about what he did that day.

~You drain me dry and make me wonder why I'm even here
This Double Vision I was seeing is finally clear
You want to stay but you know very well I want you gone
Not fit to fuckin' tread the ground I'm walking on~

"Hey Adrian, great job on your test!" said his older brother Aaron as he walked down stairs. Adrian smiled a little and started his homework.

The next day at school was okay, but then a new student entered the room. He sat down in a seat that no-one say in, way in the back corner.
"I wonder who he is," said Adrian to his friend who was sitting in the seat as he stood next to her.
"Well why don't you go and ask him his name otherwise it is going to bother all day, and don't you dare say 'no'," she said waving him to the new guy
The walk seemed to take forever and then he just stood there; the boy looked at him quizzically, "you need something?" he asked his voice low, but not to low.

~When it gets cold outside and you got nobody to love
You'll understand what I mean when I say
There's no way we're gonna give up
And like a little girl cries in the face of a monster that lives in her dreams
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe~

"uh ah, welcome, can ask you uh of your name?" Adrian asked nervously and the boy nodded.
"It's Alister and yours?" he asked coolly looking straight in to Adrian's eyes. Adrian blushed.
"It's uh Adrian," he said stepping from foot to foot, swaying. Alister brought out his hand in front of Adrian, and Adrian took it.
"Well it's nice to meet you Adrian," he said as he stood pulling a little on Adrian's hand. Adrian lost his balance and fell on Alister. He caught him with ease, "you're really light," he commented and Adrian blushed deeply not only at the comment but also at how warm Alister felt.

~What you are doing is screwing things up inside my head
You should know better you never listened to a word I said
Clutching your pillow and writhing in a naked sweat
Hoping somebody someday will do you like I did~

The day went on and Alister seem to have the same exact classes Adrian did, because he just seem to follow him all day going to classes.
"How would like to hang out today after school if you don't have plans?" asked Alister lookin hopeful at Adrian.
'Well I don't really have to be home to night so I don't really see why not' he thought, "Sure I don't have to be anywhere"

~When it gets cold outside and you got nobody to love
you'll understand what I mean when I say~

That went on for weeks Adrian would go home with Alister and they would hangout until after dark and Adrian would say he had to go home when he didn't, he never had a curfew and he hadn't even seen his parents unless he asked for lunch money and that was only once a week even at that if they gave him enough to last two weeks, which normally they did.

~There's no way we're gonna give up
And like a little girl cries in the face of a monster that lives in her dreams
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe
Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe~

"Hey is it alright if we go to your place, my mom didn't think you would mind, she has to do some shopping, sorry," said Alister rubbing the back of his head remembering his mom say that he needed to go over there and see why he comes over here all the time.
"Sure, I don't see why not," he said smiling walking to their next class. Alister let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding and followed him to their class.

~Does it kill
Does it burn
is it painful to learn
that it's me that has all the control~

The walk to Adrian's house wasn't very long, but the he lived in a very nice neighborhood. Adrian opened the door and offered something to drink to Alister who asked for a soda it didn't matter.
They went to his room and chilled on the computer listening to music and playing games like they would do at Alister house, "dude, got anything to eat, I'm starved!" complained Alister standing up.
"Yeah down stairs," Adrian was worried that his family would be eating. When they reached the kitchen no-one was in sight, and everything looked untouched; both boys went to the fridge looking for something that wasn't difficult to make or eat.

~Does it thrill
Does it sting
when you feel what I bring
and you wish that you had me to hold~

They both had their heads in the fridge looking at everything; Adrian carefully looked at Alister out of the corner of his eye and then looked back at the food that was in the fridge, he didn't see the movements that Alister made. Alister put two fingers on Adrian's chin to turn his face, they looked at each other and slowly their faces got closer and closer. Adrian got scared and grabbed something, "here we go, would you like some apples?!" he asked nervously going to the counter and started cutting the apples into slices.
Alister moved behind Adrian and watched with his head resting on shoulder he slowly kissed Adrian's check and moved to his neck which earned a moaned. Alister turned Adrian and pushed the apples aside and set him on the counter and kissed him fully on the lips. Alister licked Adrian's lip for entrance which was granted right away. Both tongues play a game of twister.
"Ahh, Adrian!!! How could you in my home!!!" yelled his mother pointing disgustedly at him.
"I'm so sorry he did that to you! He didn't hurt you in any way, did he?" she asked the boy as she started to check him out for injures.
"Mother, you're embarrassing him could you please stop?!" asked Adrian trying to push his mother out of the way.

~Giving up on me,
You're giving up on me
Giving up on me,
You're giving up on me.~

She slapped him, "how dare you touch me!" she yelled at slapped him again losing his balance and falling to floor, she kicked him once until Alister pushed her to stop, "stop!!!" he yelled going to floor taking the next kick for Adrian knocking him out.
"Get out! Get out now!" she yelled at Adrian as he pushed himself off the floor dragging Alister with behind him.

~And now you throw it all away,
a shattered memory that you would stay.
Through thick and thin with me,
you're giving up on me. ~

Once Adrian got out side he got Alister on his back and walked all the way to his house. When he reached the door his sides burned and he couldn't see straight, he knocked on the door and Alister mom, Judy, stood there shocked and told him to put him in his room on the bed. Adrian did as ordered and watched as Judy ran around putting things together.
"Now all we can do is wait for him to wake up," she said standing next the sitting Adrian. She was about to walk out the door, "aren't you going to ask me what happened?"
"If I did that would you tell me the truth?" she asked watching his face turning shocked and then back to normal.
"Probably not right now, but in time I think I could tell you," said to her as she closed the door behind her.

~ Giving up on me,
You're giving up on me
Giving up on me,
You're giving up on me.~

Tears flowed down his face as he fell to the floor on his knees with his head on the bed, his body finally gave out and he fell asleep.
It was dark, "Adrian" he remembered what happened at his house, he shot up looking around, 'it's my room,' he felt pressure next him and saw him Adrian asleep with a tear streaked face as tears still fell. Alister put his hand on Adrian's head as the head shot up. The shock on Adrian's face quickly turned sadness as he lunged to Alister crying his eyes out until he passed out once again.

~ I lied myself to sleep tonight
I know, you've played out every line in your mind~

Alister laid Adrian in the bed next to him and fell asleep with him in his arms as the tears stopped flowing.

Alister woke up with the bed emptier from last night, he shot up looking around and found that he wasn't here. He ran down stairs looking around and he still couldn't find him, he saw his mom, "mom, where's Adrian?"
"He's not with you?" she asked worried. He shook his head as he ran out the door straight to Adrian's house.

~ And now you throw it all away
A shattered memory that you would stay
through thick and thin with me~

Alister banged on the door until someone answered, "yes, can I help you?" asked Adrian's older brother by the looks of it.
'I need a way to get inside,' he thought, "I was here yesterday and I left my bag, could I go and get from Adrian's room, please?" he asked stepping forward.
He nodded and let Alister through as he ran down the hall to Adrian's room, it was empty. He grabbed his and Adrian's bag; he headed for the door until he heard a scream. Alister dropped the bag and ran to the scream; Alister pushed open the door to Adrian cowering in a corner as his father yelled at him with a few kicks and hits.
Alister ran in front of Adrian's father, "Stop!" he said putting up both arms. His father looked disgusted with Alister as he stepped in the way.
"Get out of my way boy," he angrily. Alister stood his ground, "no I won't, and I won't let you hurt him anymore than you already have,"
"Fine then you can take the beating for him!" yelled his father as he hit and kicked Alister till he could no longer breather with out taking gasps; even then he still kicked him senseless.

~ And when you feel the pain,
I'm wishing I could stay.
How can I say I love you back,
you never made me happy? ~

Adrian shook with fear as Alister got kicked and hit more than he thought possible and still be conscious. "Take your things and get out of this house and never come back!" he yelled.
Adrian was about to get Alister out, "No! Don't you dare touch him! He will stay in place for your punishment, when you're done packing come and get him,"
Adrian was terrified to leave, "go, I'll be fine, don't worry abo," Alister was cut off by Adrian's father kicking him in the gut.
Adrian ran down the hall gathering clothes and personal items that he would need later on.

~ You've laid yourself to sleep!
I never said this wouldn't hurt.
You gave up everything!
I never said I'd give it back. ~

He made it back into the room three minutes later Alister alive and still awake to the world, "done? Good, now get out and never return, never!" he said as Adrian pulled Alister out of the room and out of the house once again and hopefully for the last time.
"I'm sorry; I wish I never should have gotten you in this mess. I swear I'll take this burden off you, I love you to much to let harm come to you!" he said as he cried. He set him down on the front patio of Alister's house. He rang the door bell and ran away just like ding dong ditch except this time he didn't come out of hiding.

~ I know! (I know!)
You'll never change!
I won't be good enough for you.
I know! (I know!)
You'll make it through;
I'll never be around to see. ~

Alister awoke in his room again in pain from his injures, he got up slowly and went down stairs with help from the wall, "mom, where is Adrian?" he asked this time on the brink of crying.
"I don't know, I don't know where he might be son," she said sadly as she helped him back up stairs, she gave him some pain medication and laid him back in bed.
It must have been some really strong medication, because after 10 minutes he didn't feel any pain what-so-ever. He got up taking it with him and a shirt climbing out the window. He remembers hearing Adrian's favorite place was where he falls deep into music, and there was only one place for that, the music room at school.

~ And now you throw it all away
a shattered memory that you would stay
through thick and thin with me. ~

The meds were wearing off; he took only one more to tide him over till he could pass out. He entered the music room unnoticed as music played flawlessly; he listened to the angel-like voice as it sang "only hope".
He walked up behind Adrian as he listened until it came to and end, "I'm sorry!!! What did I do to deserve this!!! Is it because I'm gay, because if it is I'll change!!!" Adrian cried pounding on the keys. Alister flinched when he did.
"If you do will you still let me love you?" he asked stepping forward. Adrian grew tense once he heard the voice.
"You deserve someone better than me, I've hurt you to many times, and you don't need me!" he said turning around with tears falling freely. Alister smiled and took another step forward; the only thing that was in between them was the bench that Adrian was sitting on a moment ago.
Adrian ran past Alister and out of the school. Alister tried to fallow, but with his injures he didn't get far. Alister walked in his home as his mom came rushing to the door.
"He's gone," Alister broke down crying giving up all hope of ever seeing Adrian again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't own any of the songs used!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story