Categories > Original > Horror

Motel

by lost_in_the_shuffle 3 reviews

A couple's stay in a motel leads to terror.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-06-17 - Updated: 2007-06-18 - 569 words - Complete

0Unrated
"I think we're lost," Gary said to his wife Audrey.
"Finally you admit to being lost," Audrey said teasingly, " if you had asked for directions two hours ago we would've been there by now."
He just peered through the dusk without responding. Suddenly the light from a motel sign shone through the trees.
"We'll stop here tonight, get some rest and ask the clerk for directions tomorrow." He said as he pulled into the almost empty parking lot.

"Not much business," Audrey said as they got out of the car and walked toward the lobby.
A bell tinkled above the door as they opened it and walked in.
"How can I help you folks?" The white-haired man asked from behind the counter.
"We need a room," Gary said.
The old man smiled and pulled out a key, "I have just the room for you." He handed them the key, "have a nice stay folks."

They walked to the room after they got their suitcases from the trunk of the car. They stepped inside and were surprised to find a nice and neat room.
"I'm taking a shower," Audrey said after she grabbed her robe from her suitcase and walked to the bathroom.
Gary was sitting on the bed flipping through the channels, when he noticed a strange scratching noise. He got of the bed and looked around the room, as he heard it again he walked toward the small closet. The scratching noise was coming from inside, "it must be a mouse," he thought. Then yanked open the closet door, something small and furry jumped out of the closet as Gary stepped back. It launched itself onto him, digging its teeth into his neck. He screamed in pain, falling on the bed as the creature tore his throat out. Blood spurted out of his severed artery, as the creature lapped it up eagerly. Gary shuddered once and died.

Audrey shut off the water and listened, she thought she had heard a scream. Hearing nothing she grabbed a towel and rubbed her hair with it, before donning her robe. Opening the bathroom door, she stepped out then screamed in horror at the sight of Gary's bloody corpse lying on the bed.
Hearing a hiss, she turned and screamed again at the sight of the creature covered in blood standing next to the closet. Audrey turned to run as the creature pounced, landing on her back. It bit into her neck, as she screamed in pain and tried to crawl away. The creature bit into her neck, severing her spinal cord. She fell to the floor and slowly died, as her blood spread like a crimson cloak, soaking into the carpet.

The old man unlocked the door of the motel room, slowly opening it. He frowned when he saw the creature greedily drinking Audrey's blood.
"Janice," he chided, "you've been a bad girl."
The creature whimpered and scurried over to him as he bent to pick it up.
"It's all right," he crooned, "daddy's got you." He slowly turned around, closing and locking the motel door, singing.
"Hush little baby don't say a word," as he gently cradled the monster in his arms.

The couple got out of the car and walked into the lobby.
"We need a room," the man said.
The old man held out a key, "I have just the room for you folks." He said smiling slowly.
Sign up to rate and review this story