Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Sixteen

by rainydaykid13 6 reviews

Haunted once again by the nightmares of his childhood, Pete is beginning to fear that these twisted scenes may be more than figments of his imagination, that they may be trying to warn him of somet...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2007-06-18 - Updated: 2007-06-19 - 583 words

0Unrated
"So you got it, Patrick?" Emma asked the following night - the night before that fateful day.

"Do I really have to sit there the whole time? I mean, what if he comes from the front of the house?" he asked.

"If he's looking for Rae he'll eventually end up somewhere near her window. Just tell me when you see him, OK?"

Patrick nodded, standing up as Emma wrapped her arms around his shoulders, kissing him passionately.

"We can do it, 'Trick," she said encouragingly.

Patrick smiled at her before giving her another small peck on the cheek and walking down the stairs to take his post at Rae's bedroom window.

---

I sat on my bed, running through the nightmares again and again trying to piece it all together.

"Pete? It's me," Rae knocked on my door before turning the knob and walking in, sitting down next to me.

"Are you alright?" I look away, "Pete, you've barely eaten, let alone come out of your room, is something wrong?"

"Nothing," I mutter.

Rae eyes me suspiciously.

I can't bring myself to tell her, even I don't know for sure just what exactly is going to happen after midnight tonight.

"Alright," she sighs, "I have to go take a shower, if you need anything," she kisses my forehead and leaves the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

---

Patrick leaned against the window frame, staring out into the night.

He still wasn't sure what Emma had in mind, all he knew was that he was supposed to stand there and watch.

He nearly jumped twenty feet when he heard the rustling coming from outside the window.

Immediately every feeling of fatigue or tiredness was forgotten and he stealthily leaned out the window, searching the premises.

He saw a human figure standing just outside the house, only far enough away that Patrick couldn't make anything out but the man's general shape.

He stood with his head tilted upward, as though he were looking up into the sky, or perhaps a window on the upper floor.

Patrick watched in silence as he saw the figure raise his arm and pitch a small object at the bathroom window.

The man repeated the motions several times and Patrick immediately shot back up the stairs.

"Emma!" he shouted.

Emma came skidding to a stop in front of him, "Yeah?"

"He's out there," Patrick gasped, slightly winded from his run up the stairs.

"Alright," Emma smirked,"I'm going after him."

Patrick's eyes grew wide,"Are you completely insane?"

"Yes, but that's beside the point. Next question?"

"Do you have a death wish?!"

"No! I'm just helping my friends."

"You're committing suicide is what you're doing!"

"Patrick, cool it. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself," Emma said sternly.

"Alright, just be careful, please. I don't know what I'd do without you," he said, pulling her into a hug,"I mean it, Em. I love you."

He kissed her deeply on the lips and Emma felt like she was on top of the world.

He loved her.

He really did.

She pulled away and smiled at him, "I love you too. Now you just have to make sure Rae is alright, OK?"

Patrick nodded and hugged her again, "Take care of yourself," he said, just as she raced out the door.

She wasn't going to let whoever it was out there get to Rae.

But what she didn't know, was that Rae was already long gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story