Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Fear Of Falling

Prologue

by mjjluver 3 reviews

Rio King had one real fear, and that was to fall. She is old when it is fashionable to be young. She cries when it is fashionable to laugh. And she hated Pete when it would have taken less courage...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-06-17 - Updated: 2008-12-21 - 269 words

0Unrated
If I've named names under pressure in my life since then
in the late-night interrogation rooms of my heart,
if I've had to write out one more doctored confession,
give up on maintaining my innocence one more night
and your name is the one I keep coming back to,
I'll admit it: you're the alibi I've needed, the only one
who can place me miles and years away from dried blood,
the chalked outline of love on the sidewalk.


Everything is consistently inconstant. Nothing is ever exactly the same. But that's what makes every moment uniquely beautiful. Every time is the last and the first. Every time.

It makes me even more adamant about embracing the details of everything. The way natural light hits a person's face while they're talking. The way a person's eyes reflect them more perfectly than any series of words strung together. The momentary silence that comes and goes. The look of something fully knowing it's nearing death. The softness of his lips. The intricate detail of nature's pattern and design. The way everything is mathematical, but never mechanical. The way the sun looks breaking through the trees when you're driving. Fall air. An accelerated car curving and turning when everything feels as though it is in slow motion and endless. Because, within the details you see, there is still simplicity. When pulled apart each fragment of our lives becomes simple. Only when it is pieced together is it then made difficult. When all the details flush together at once and become overwhelming. When islands become countries. When you fall hard. And call it love.
Sign up to rate and review this story