Categories > Original > Horror

Stranger

by gtakiller0914 0 reviews

Don't open that door

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Horror - Published: 2007-06-19 - Updated: 2007-06-20 - 398 words

0Unrated
"Hello?"
The inside hallway was bare, no paintings, no pictures, nothing of any kind. As I walked in, I could hear a TV playing somewhere, not sure where. The floor was littered with pop cans, pizza boxes, and syringes. One syringe laid on the coffee table, half full of what seemed to be meth.
"Hello? Is anyone here?"
Somewhere behind me was a small click and then followed, "Who sent you?"
Surprised, I said, "I..I..I saw the door open and I thought something was wrong."
"Close it. Now."
I moved in a little closer into the room, looking more at my enemy. The first thing that I noticed about him was him not holding at gun, but his face. Dark circles surrounded his eyes, making him look like he hasn't slept in weeks. His hair was a mess and he smelled as if he hadn't taken a shower in weeks.
Not wanting to get him mad, I simply nodded. I slowly walked back to the door. As I did, I thought of what he might do to me. So many things could happen. What if he is a murderer? What if he is a criminal? What if he is just a normal human, just trying to get along in this world? That last one. Was he really?
I closed the door and turned back around. He was sitting on the couch, gun on table, looking at me. "Who are you?" I said.
"I will if you tell me who you are first."
"Names Berry Hagens, also known as just Ben."
I saw his eyes study me for a moment. "Why Ben?" he asked.
"Because when I was little, I made a bet with some friends. Swallow a hundred for a hundred."
"Easy."
"Not when its 100 worms its not. Say easy when you know what it is first, mate."
He smiled at that, as if he was looking back on his good old days as well. "Sit down." he said.
I sat down. Something inside of me wanted to do exactly what he said, another part wanted to run. His voice, his character made me want to stay and be with this man. I would later found out that it was a good decision to make. Because this man here, the one with little to say, he was going to start the new chapter in my life.
Sign up to rate and review this story