Categories > Original > Drama > Goodbye My Lover

Two

by thewordnerd 0 reviews

A convo between Maeby, our main character, and Torrin, her best friend.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-06-20 - Updated: 2007-06-21 - 215 words

0Unrated
At first it was pretty harmless. She just asked me how I was, and I told her fine. I asked her how she was, although (and I know this is kind of horrible) I didn't really care. I wanted company but I didn't want company. So after all the small talk she shut up and just sat there like I knew she would. When I didn't say anything she started probing me. Oh Jesus I thought, here it comes.

"So talk to me Maeby. C'mon, you gotta open-up to somebody."
"Maybe there's nothin' to open-up about, Tor."
"Bull! There's somethin' going on with you. What is it?"

Jeez! Did NOBODY get it? What? Would I have to spell it out? Tattoo it on my forehead? I WAS IN PAIN! IT WAS OVER! WHAT DID THEY WANT ME TO SAY?!

"You can't shut people out forever, Maeb. There are people who care about you and want to see you better. You can't keep doing this to yourself."

That always handed me a laugh; "People who care about me." Please. I knew better than any of them that no one ever really gives a crap about anyone. Does not matter who they are. They only give a damn about numero uno.

"I don't do this to me."
Sign up to rate and review this story