Categories > TV > Angel

Most Unlikely

by LivvieLocke 1 review

Angel realizes he is in love with Cordelia

Category: Angel - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Angel, Cordelia - Published: 2007-06-22 - Updated: 2007-06-22 - 294 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was a gradual process, he realized, when he looked back at it. It wasn't the love at first sight that he had with Buffy. No, this grew slowly, like a bed of embers, until he found it had been fanned into full blown fires of passion.

It shouldn't have worked. She was tactless, told him exactly what she thought, with no fear at all. She never saw him as a vampire. He was always just Angel. Going from boss, to best friend, and now to lover. She gave him all those titles but never once did she say "This is Angel, he is a vampire." No, that wasn't her way. He appreciated her all the more for that.

The warming of his blood, adding dashes of cinnamon, as if she was adding a sprinkling of cocoa to a latte, it didn't phase her in the slightest. She never flinched at his cold touch. He never saw the revulsion in her eyes when he slipped into his game face. It was a welcomed change. It made it easy to fall in love with her. She accepted him as he was. The man, the vampire, the sinner, the saint, the Scourge, the Champion.

He knew all along. He just didn't know that he knew. He should have asked himself why it hurt so much when she hurt. Why her forgiveness meant more to him than anything else. Why he fought so hard to bring her back from Pylea. Why he felt the sting of jealousy when he saw Groo. Why he formed a family with her and Connor instead of calling Buffy the moment the boy was born. Why he was scared of her dying.

He knew now. He was in love with Cordelia Chase.
Sign up to rate and review this story