Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Souls with Secrets

Strange world.

by WillBertluverX 1 review

Amara Brown at a very young age knew she had some power to posses people and their actions. She could get anyone to follow her footsteps without question; of course she would never tell a soul. Tha...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-23 - Updated: 2007-06-24 - 962 words

0Unrated
The cool wind whipped against my face as I snapped continuous photos. This is my job now; snapping photos of the famous and a little bit of journalism on the side if my boss lets me. I work at "Kerrang" Magazine, I've been there for 2 years now, which in my opinion is a long time for a 21 year old. Lately my mom has been trying to get me to move back in with her, she says she's lonely but all she really needs is a boyfriend. But I wouldn't give my job up for the world.

For the time being I'm living in San Diego down the street form my dad. Yeah you would think living close to your dad would be a horrifying experience but obviously you don't know my dad. He's like my best friend to be honest. In fact he's pretty much paying for my house expenses, that helps me out a lot since I'm barely ever home.

After saying my thanks to my crew and the band I made my exit. Getting in my car I had the feeling the car ride home was going to be difficult.

Of course I was right. The car ride home was one of the worst; some jerk cut me off and I missed the exit on the highway. But that's not the real issue here, the issue is my "gift". The "gift" tends to make my situations worse; see on the way home I kind of moved someone's car right into the other lane. Usually I can keep my anger from exploding but it didn't work today. Whenever I'm under any kind of stress my 'gift" comes out.

After that little mishap I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was take a nice bath and drift to sleep. But this isn't a made for TV movie; as I reached down towards the faucet my phone started to ring.

Shit!!! I forgot to call me boss.

In agony I picked up the receiver. " Hello...Paul."

"Oh, Amara how'd you know it was me?" he said sarcastically

"I'm exhausted, sorry I forgot to call about the photo shoot."

He sighed. " Just give me the low down."

" Well the entire band showed up...surprisingly. Bert was great as usual. The crew stayed on task today and the pictures turned out great. I'll send the picks to you as soon as I get off the phone."

" Great to hear, but you might as well send me the picks while you're on the phone. Could ya do that for me?"

I pulled out my laptop unwillingly. " Doing it right this minute Paul. Anything else?" I asked obviously annoyed. Paul noticed.

" Am I interrupting something?"

" No of course not." I said putting on a fake smile.

" Well I've got some business you need to attend to."

"Yes?"

" I'm flying you out to Chicago, you're going to take some concert pictures of Fall Out Boy. Not only that but I need you to do a small interview with Pete Wentz."

" Paul! I just got home, I was about to take a relaxing bath."

" You can take a relaxing bath at the hotel. Work with it!"

" Erg! What time am I flying out?"

"3 am. I'll call you on before the flight."

" Whatever." just before I hung up he gave me some more great news.
" Oh by the way, I want you to call up Persephone. She is going along with you, she'll help out with the interview.....and to make sure you don't get into any trouble."

" Like I ever do you know..."

" Just call herrr!"

" Fine."

"Bye, for now."

" Goodbye Paul." I said in a monotone.

The last person I wanted on this trip is Persephone; my sister. Anytime I fly out somewhere Paul makes her go along. See the thing is my sister is one of the "head honcho" editors, and she got me the job at Kerrang.

After looking over my options I only had one choice....call Persephone. Good thing she knows about the "gift", maybe she'll let me use it to persuade Paul into letting me stay home. Actually I doubt she'll let me use it, she never does. Giving up I dialed the numbers to Persephone's phone.

" Of course I'll go." she already knew I was asking her.....its her "gift".

" You could have at least waited, you know I hate it when you do that."

" Yep, you do."

" I really don't want to go on this trip Persephone. Paul knows I can't stand that Pete Wentz."

" You'll get over it. If you don't go then I can't go either, and I want to see Fall Out Boy!!"

I sighed. " Fine but while we're on this trip no more using you're gift."

" you've got to be kidding me."

" Nope, I'm not. You never let me use mine and its your turn to give yours up too."

She was silent for a moment, I tried to read her thoughts but it was to difficult to do over the phone. " Here's the deal...we'll both use our "gift" okay?"

" Fine, but I have to go pack."

" I'll meet you at the airport...uh...don't forget to tell dad we are leaving."

" I won't. Bye."

" Bye. Oh by the way I know you're going to try and call Paul to persuade him, don't even think about it."

As you've figured out by now Persephone and I both have the "gift", but don't think we're witches or anything because we aren't. We just have the privilege to do certain things average humans can't do, like mind reading, telekinesis, and occasional predictions. The prediction thing is more on Persephone's part, I do most of the mind reading and telekinesis. What a strange world we live in.

Sign up to rate and review this story