Categories > Anime/Manga > Tsubasa/xxxHolic

Water and Oil

by strayphantom 0 reviews

Spell-casting and alcohol DO NOT mix...

Category: Tsubasa/xxxHolic - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Clow, Yuuko - Published: 2005-11-27 - Updated: 2005-11-27 - 366 words

0Unrated
"WELL? WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?" demanded Yuuko, as she stood in the center of the magic circle. Clow was standing to the side for his own safety, as he was very drunk. Why he had decided to drink so much at this time of day was beyond Yuuko, but she suspected he had done it deliberately to annoy her.

Clow swayed gently from side to side as he answered. "I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest notion, my dear..." He gazed at her with his eyes slightly out of focus and a stupid grin plastered on his face.

"Phht!" she spat at him, waving a disgusted hand in his general direction. She ignored the fool and began to inspect the magic circle that they had constructed together. Well, Yuuko had done most of the work, Clow had just made a nuisance of himself and got in the way. She bent from the waist to look closely at one of the sigils inscribed in the outer border of the circle. A vein on her forehead began to throb dangerously.

"Since when has the constellation of Aries been represented by the planetary symbol for Venus?" She enquired with acid dripping from her voice. Clow simply chuckled to himself and mumbled something like "Oh, dear me..."

Muttering darkly to herself, Yuuko erased the sigil with a wave of her hand and inscribed the correct symbol. She checked for other flaws, tidying up wobbly lines here and there, and swapping some symbols and words around.

"Look at this! These lines aren't even joined up, you blithering idiot!" She screeched at him while finishing the circle. There were times when she seriously questioned the man's ability. More often than that, she questioned her own sanity for remaining in contact with him. One thing was certain: in future, she was going to lock up every bottle of liquor before either of them embarked on a large-scale project. Magic and alcohol definitely did not mix...

Notes:
I was going somewhere with this one, I'm sure of it. After writing that last line. I didn't really feel the need to expand on what they were trying to do. I guess the message is pretty obvious...
Sign up to rate and review this story