Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lipgloss Through My Veins

Chapter Fifteen

by missbatcountry 3 reviews

Gerard and Scarlet get to talking and Asha ditches Scarlet for a guy.... well sort of.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-06-24 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1251 words

0Unrated
Chapter Fifteen
"Ok, so do I just have the shooter and then drink this as a chaser... uh what is this?" Gerard asked examining the bubbly yellow liquid. He had been too busy paying attention to Scarlet to watch what the bartender was putting in their drinks.

"That's Red Bull, and this is Jagermiester." Scarlet said picking up her shot glass, which was filled with a thick dark liquid.

"I see." Gerard said while trying to will his eyes to focus on the contents of the shot glass.

"Now, what you do is you drop your shot glass into the Red Bull like so." Scarlet said taking her shot and dropping the entire thing, glass and all into the glass of Red Bull.

Gerard quickly followed suit.

"And then you knock it back in one go, like so." Scarlet said before slamming down her drink in record time.

Gerard watched her, took a deep breath and began to drink. It took him a little while longer to shoot it back, but it left a strange yet delicious taste in his mouth. He immediately felt energized.

"Good huh?" Scarlet smiled.

"Fuck yeah! Let's have more." Gerard replied.

"Sure, you up for triples?" Scarlet asked casually.

"Triples?"

"Yeah, come on you're my shot buddy now. There's no escape." Scarlet said ever so sweetly, flashing her killer smile.

"I guess triples it is then!" Gerard replied, not really sure what he was getting himself into.

After having their shots and devoting five minutes of their night to laughing at nothing in particular, Gerard and Scarlet made their way back to the table.

"Hey where's Ash?" Scarlet asked as she approached the table and helped herself to one of frank's cigarettes.

She began patting her hips in search of a lighter before Frank finally lit it up for her.

"You know those pants have no pockets, right?' Frank said with a smile.

This was classic Scarlet, once she came out of her shell when she first moved to New Jersey, she began to drink like a fish and Scarlet drunk was a hilarious sight. She wasn't one of those girls who became annoying when drunk or cried for no reason or turned into a whore once intoxicated, she was just a riot getting herself into trouble and doing strange things that didn't make sense. Like searching for a lighter in pockets that didn't exist, or searching for her handbag for hours before realising she had been holding it the whole time.

"Thanks for the reminder hun." Scarlet said inhaling and shooting frank her sweetest smile.

Scarlet always smoked extremely heavily when she was drinking or on drugs. Quite often she'd be smoking a cigarette and thinking about how much she wanted another one and couldn't wait until she had finished with her current one.

"She's over there talking to some guy. Dave I think she said his name was." Mikey said at a rather rapid pace. He wasn't very good at hiding the fact that he was on drugs. He was extremely fidgety, adjusting his glasses every five seconds following that with running his hands through his hair.

"Dave? What the fuck? I'll be right back." Scarlet said as she located Asha at a nearby table and wandered over.

"I can't believe how good she looks." Frank said as he watched Scarlet walk away.

"What? Was she gross in high school or something?" Bob asked as he spun a coaster around on the table in front of him with his finger.

"No way, she's always been hot. But she looks so much better now." Frank said dreamily. He could feel his old high school crush redeveloping.

"Dude, she is fuckin hot." Gerard said quietly as he followed Scarlet's body with his eyes.

"Are you serious Gerard? I would have thought you weren't interested by the way you've been staring at her rack all night." Mikey teased.

"Shut up." Gerard laughed attempting to throw a scrunched up napkin at his brother but to no avail.

"Dave! I haven't seen you in AGES!" Scarlet squealed running up to the guy Asha was talking to and throwing her arms around him.

"Nice to see you too Scar." Dave laughed hugging the heavily intoxicated Scarlet.

'So, Dave's heading off to this party, you wanna go?" Asha asked her bestie.

Scarlet knew that Asha had always had a crush on Dave, and why wouldn't she? He was gorgeous with his bleach blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and a smile that could melt any woman's heart. But Scarlet wasn't into blondes, or Dave for that matter, she was more then happy for Asha to try her luck with him. What did bother Scarlet, however, was the fact that sometimes Asha could be a bit of a whore, she paid way too much attention to guys and when she wanted something she would do anything to get it, even if that did mean abandoning her mate. But, Scarlet had seen it all before and at least this time she had the guys to go home with rather then no one, like usual.

"Uh, I think I might just stay here. But you go ahead." Scarlet said slapping Asha on the back.

"Nah, it's ok if you wanna hang here we'll stay, I can catch up with Dave another time." Asha smiled.

"Seriously, go. I don't wanna hear another peep out of you. I'll be fine, Mikey will look after me." Scarlet said going in for a finally hug before Asha was off.

"I think Gerard will be the one looking after you." Asha said with a smile nodding over in the boys' direction.

Scarlet turned just in time to catch Gerard staring at her. He looked away slightly embarrassed and then back at her and smiled. Scarlet smiled back.

"You should go for it. He's into you, and you know it." Asha laughed.

"Yeah right. He's just being friendly. And I'm not looking for anything right now, you know that. I'm just trying to be nice." Scarlet said shyly.

"Just because you're not looking for anything right now doesn't mean you can't have a good time." Asha reminded her bestie before giving her a final kiss on the cheek.

"Be safe honey." Scarlet said before returning the kiss and stumbling back over to the boys.

"Hey where's Ash going?" Ray asked, watching Asha leave with a group of people, who were all unfamiliar to him.

"Some party with an old work mate of hers that she hasn't seen in ages. She was going to come and say goodbye but their cab was already here so she sends kisses to all of you." Scarlet slurred trying to sit on her bar stool with not much luck. She had to lie for Ash, she didn't want her bestie to look like a total bitch in front of the guys.

"So anyway, shot buddy... more shots?" Scarlet asked reaching across the table and slapping Gerard's hand. She got a bit touchy feely when she was drunk.

"No way. I've filled my quota for the night I think. I'm too drunk, I need lines." Gerard said smiling. He craved more alone time with her.

"I'm up for that. To the Bob mobile." Scarlet cried before springing to her feet and striking her best super hero pose.

Gerard quickly followed her lead and the two of them pretended to fly out into the parking lot leaving the rest of the guys in a fit of drunken giggles.
Sign up to rate and review this story