Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Say Anything

by The_Winning_Loser 3 reviews

Song-fic about Gerard calling Bert McCracken to see if he'll talk to him yet. Song-Say Anything-Good Charlotte. I swear, the story isn't as retarded as the summary makes it out to be!!! Please r...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1292 words - Complete

0Unrated
Here I am on,
The phone again and,
Awkward silence is,
On the other end.




"I can't believe that I called you again. Wasting my money on the long-distance phone calls just to hear nothing. I always call you up and ask you how you were doing. You reply with 'why do you care?' and refuse to say anything else to me. I ask you questions about how that one tiny argument sent everything so sour between us, but it was almost as if you just left the phone on the floor and walked away."




I used to hear the sound,
Of a smile, in your voice,
But right now, (right now)
All I feel, (all I feel)
Is the pain of the fighting,
Starting up again.




"I remember when I'd call you. We'd be on tour, right next door to each other, or even in the same room, but I'd still call you, just for the laugh. I used to hear you say 'this is so fucking stupid!' but laugh hysterically all the same, especially when I asked you about where you were, even though we were sat on the same couch.

"But at the moment, all I hear is nothing. Nada. Zilch. Silence. I feel tense and uncomfortable, but I'm still wasting my money keeping the line there so that just maybe you might talk to me again. But the only times you ever did, it would spark the argument again. I don't know why you don't talk to me anymore. I've tried like a thousand times to start up a little conversation, but you won't talk to me...why?




All the things we talk about,
You know they stay on my mind,
On my mind,
All the things we laugh about,
They'll bring us through it every time,
After time, after time.




"How can I forget when we'd sit on one of our tour buses and just talk for hours? Laughing at each other and swapping life stories. I'll never forget the one about the pond. We'd laugh about the smallest, simplest things or the most intricate, complex things that only we found funny or understood. The only time you'll ever talk to me is to tell me to stop wasting my money. But I won't."




Don't say a word,
I know you feel the same,
Just give me a sign,
Say anything, say anything,
Please don't walk away,
I know you wanna stay,
If you'll just give me a sign,
Say anything, say anything.




"Please, don't speak yet, I just wanna get this out. I know that you didn't want us to fall apart like we did. I know that deep down you still want us to be friends. Okay, now tell me if I'm right or wrong. Do you feel the same as me? Please, say anything! Even if it's completely irrelevant to it, just say anything! Give me any sign at all! Anything that will give me even the tiniest clue of what you're thinking!"




Some say that,
Time changes,
Best friends can,
Become strangers,
But I don't want that,
No, not for you,
If you'll just stay with me,
We can make it through.




"Yesterday Frank was telling me about how time and people keep changing and carries on whether you want that or not. You've just gotta accept it and move on, but I don't wanna! He said that people who were as close as us can still forget each other and drift so far apart that you can't remember their names or faces anymore. But I can't. I can never forget something as strong as we had. I don't WANT to forget you. You gave me the best couple of years of my life and if I could choose anyone to forget, it wouldn't be you. If you'd just talk to me and stay with me, we can battle through with our friendship intact."




So here we are again,
The same old argument,
And now I'm wondering,
If things'll change,
When will you laugh again?
Laugh like you did back when,
We'd make noise till three AM,
And the neighbours would complain?




"So, here we are. Back at the whole argument about why we fell apart. You say about how rejected you felt when I turned sober and stopped drinking with you. You tell me about how much you missed me when you was sitting at a bar all alone, wishing that I was beside you. I retaliate by saying that if you were a true friend, you'd be happy with me trying to live longer. I'd practically yell at you that if you were that bothered, you'd stop drinking, too, or at least miss out a night of drinking.

"I wanna hear your genuine laugh again. Not the fake one you use on TV, but your real, happy, amused giggle. I wanna hear you laugh like the times when we'd stay up getting drunk until the early hours of the morning, singing and laughing, playing our music as loud as it would go until we eventually got complaints from the whole neighbourhood!"


All the things we talk about,
You know they stay on my mind,
On my mind,
All the things we laugh about,
They'll bring us through it every time,
After time, after time.

Don't say a word,
I know you feel the same,
Just give me a sign,
Say anything, say anything,
Please don't walk away,
I know you wanna stay,
Just give me a sign,
Say anything, say anything,




"Are you even at the phone still? If you are, please answer me. Don't just walk away and leave me not knowing why you won't talk to me. It hurts to know that one of the people I love most in the world won't even say a word to me. But perhaps that's for the best. I think that if we tried to talk it over, it'd end up with more fights and yelling and that's the last thing I need right now.

"I know that you don't want this. I know that you miss us. So do I. But I would feel so much better if you just told me that. C'mon, give me a sign or something, say anything!"


I'm falling,
I'm falling,
I'm falling...down.
I'm falling,
I'm falling,
I'm falling...down.
Down,
Down,
Down,




"I feel like I'm falling down a bottomless pit every time I call you. You ignore me or yell at me and it makes me wanna die, just hearing the hate in your voice. When you talk about how selfish I'm being, it hurts...badly. Yet...your voice is worth it. Please, say something. Even if you call me a fucking asshole or whatever, just hearing your voice will make it better."




Don't say a word
I know you feel the same
Just give me a sign
Say anything, say anything
Please don't walk away
I know you wanna stay
If you'll just give me a sign
Say anything, say anything

Don't say a word (Please don't leave)
I know you feel the same
Just give me a sign
Say anything, say anything
Please don't walk away (Please don't leave)
I know you wanna stay
Just give me a sign
Say anything, say anything




"I know that you wanna be friends again. I do too! Please, let it sink in, we need each other! Please don't just leave me in the dark about what our relationship is anymore. Please don't just walk away and leave me! Just give me any sign at all! PLEASE! Are you gonna say something? I know that I'm saying plase way too much, but please..."

"Fuck you."

"B-Bert? Fuck...at least I got that sign I wanted..."
Sign up to rate and review this story