Categories > Theatre > We Will Rock You > We Will Rock You: The Novelization

Sweet Dreams are Made of This

by Ryder 0 reviews

In which the Dreamer Dreams.

Category: We Will Rock You - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-07 - Updated: 2007-06-07 - 741 words

1Ambiance
Disclaimer: Just so no one thinks I plagerized this, this story is also on Fanfiction dot net posted under my name there, East Coast Ryder. I do not own WWRY. References in this chapter include the Eurythmics, Newsies, and, of course, Queen.

Prologue- Sweet Dreams are Made of This

All it takes is one voice.

A light shone from below. The space was filled with people, thousands standing, sitting, cheering, crying. Not that he could see them, though. The lights shining up from the stage blinded him to the people outside. And suddenly, the light changed. A slow, almost apprehensive noise emerged, softly at first.

Boom... Boom... Clap...

And that one voice joins with a second, and a third.

He looked out toward the people. They wore shredded pants, made of some sort of bluish material. The GaGa logo was nowhere to be seen. He felt their eyes drilling into his soul as he stood before him. He heard something from behind him, and he whipped around to see...

A GaGa girl? No, she had hair unlike any GaGa girl he had ever laid eyes on. She seemed rebellious. He couldn't really tell. One thing he was certain of, she was different. Different than the people surrounding them. Different than anyone he had ever met, even in his dreams.

The noise grew.


Boom. Boom. Clap. Boom. Boom. Clap.

And soon, you have a hundred voices, or a thousand.

A whisper drifted from her lips, but the noise masked any possible attempt to tell what she was saying. The lights returned to their previous configuration, and he could no longer see the girl.

"What's your name?" he called toward her.

But the noise had grown so much that there was no way for her to hear him.


Boom-Boom-Clap. Boom-Boom-Clap. Boom-Boom-Clap.

And no one can stand in your way.

An almost buzzing noise arose, to meet the other one as if they were meant to be together. Then suddenly, words. Words that joined the noise.

We will... We will... Rock you... We will... We will... Rock you...

All it takes is one voice.

The lights began to flicker on and off, as a sort of song drifted to his ears...

But it couldn't be a song. It didn't even remotely sound computer-generated.

"Who are you?" he screamed toward where he thought the girl was.


WE WILL!! WE WILL!! ROCK YOU!! WE WILL!! WE WILL!! ROCK YOU!!

But the noise was deafening, and he could no longer hear anything but the noises. Echoing continuously as if it would never end.

BOOM-BOOM-CLAP!


Www/Gordon@theJoneses.com jolted up from his sleep. Or, rather, the lack thereof. Or perhaps this was the dream, and he wasn't awake at all. He wasn't quite sure. But he had heard something, something in his dream. A voice, at first. Then... a... beat? Was that what it was called? A 'beat'? He had to write that down.

The boy reached over to his bedside table, newly downloaded for the sole purpose of holding his laptop, just in case he heard something important in his dreams. And he couldn't always remember.

What was the word again? Beef? No, that was some sort of meat. Be... be... Beat? Yes, that was it.

His hand touched the screen of his laptop, activating it and he was soon into his files, the secret ones safely hidden in case someone for some reason wanted to see what he had to say. The screen blinked for a moment, and his fingers danced across the screen.

"Beat", he typed. The other phrase... what was it? 'We will'... something... 'We will'...

Damn. He'd lost it. Just as he'd lost so much more, how Planet Mall had lost so much. He could feel it; there was something missing from this place. He sighed, and set the laptop back down.

Why did all these words, phrases, melodies, 'beats' appear in his head? Why him?

Of course, it only served to separate him from the others in the boy zone. They wondered where he got phrases like 'babe' and 'breaking free'. They wondered why he didn't wear the mandatory Globalsoft GaGa gear. Why he wore the shirt he had torn the logo from, the clothes that were not bright.

He looked toward the wall screen of his room, in the top corner. 0238 AM. He had to start getting more sleep.

Or was he asleep?

He couldn't tell the difference any more.
Sign up to rate and review this story