Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Not So Ordinary

Calm Before the Storm

by carcrashhearts 1 review

Pete's reaction.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-26 - 301 words

0Unrated
Pete's POV

I sighed, frustrated I couldn't sleep. Knowing it wouldn't do me any good just to lay there, I got up, trying not to disturb Haley as I got out of the bunk. I walked into the living room area and saw Patrick sitting there with his laptop.

"Can't sleep?" he asked, looking up as I walked in.

I nodded as I sat down on the couch across from him. "What about you?"

"Same. I had an idea for the new Cobra Starship record and wanted to get it down before I forgot."

I sat there silently for a couple of minutes, until Patrick's voice pulled me back into reality.

"Let me guess. You can't sleep because of the incident with Haley?"

"How could something like that happen?"

"I don't know, but for some reason it did. But the important thing is she's okay."

"I'm supposed to be protecting her. This shouldn't have happened."

"No, it shouldn't have. But it's not your fault. It's those two girls' fault. And Haley and you both know there is a risk in her dating you, since you are Pete Wentz. And Pete, as much as you want to protect the ones that you care about, you can't always do it. It's impossible. I know right now you don't want to let Haley out of your sight, but don't forget to give her space too."

"I hate it that you're always right," I said, smiling, the first real one after the incident.

"Because I am," he said, smirking.

We spent a little while longer talking about random stuff until we both decided to try to get some sleep. I crawled back into the bunk and instinctively Haley turned and snuggled her head into my shoulder. Within minutes I was asleep.




Sorry it's so short.
Sign up to rate and review this story