Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 9

Childlike Lessons

by Annej 1 review

Vivi and Zidane chat before the Festival of the Hunt, leading to an odd realization on Vivi's behalf.

Category: Final Fantasy 9 - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Garnet Til Alexandros, Vivi Ornitier, Zidane Tribal - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-26 - 658 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Disclaimer:/ I don't own Final Fantasy IX, although I want to hug Vivi cause he's such a cute little black mage! ^.^/


Vivi whimpered, holding his staff with shaking hands. The next time he was in the Business District, he would be fighting for his life instead of buying Kupo Nuts from the store.

"Zidane." He tried to keep his voice steady. "Why exactly am I fighting all this monsters again...?" Zidane laughed heartily and clapped his hands on Vivi's shoulders.

"Remember... if you win, I'll get you a date with Dagger!" He grinned, blue eyes shining mischievously. "You'll kick ass for sure with your black magic! But don't think I'll let ya win!" Zidane thumped his chest with a hand. "I've got a date with Dagger on the line too, and there's no way I'm giving that up!"

"But... I don't want to go on a date with Dagger..." Vivi sighed, letting his arms rest at his side.

"Whaaat?!" Zidane nearly jumped, his tail flicking incessantly. "You're kidding, she's gorgeous!"

"Yes, she is very pretty..."

"And she's so curvy!" Zidane made two curves with his hands. "I mean, damn!"

"Umm, I don't think you should talk about Dagger like that while she is standing behind you..." Vivi pointed his staff over Zidane's shoulder.

"Huh?" Zidane glanced lazily back, and froze, tail and all. A red faced Dagger stood with her hands on her hips, mouth scrunched up into a furious pout.

"You can forget about that date after that comment AND you putting your face in my derrière on the cargo ship!" She wagged a finger at him and turned on a heel.

"No-! Wait, Dagger!" Zidane put an hand on her back to stop her. Her response was a swift smack to his cheek. A slap. Vivi stepped back, afraid at such an outburst from Dagger, a usually civil princess.

"I'm going now." Dagger walked off, leaving only an echo of her irate footsteps.

"It was an accident..." Zidane mumbled, kicking at the ground in defeat.

"Zidane, perhaps you shouldn't be so...brash." Vivi suggested helpfully. Zidane grunted and crossed his arms, looking cross.

"Great, now I'll never get a date with her. It took me almost falling off the edge of Lindbulm Castle to get her to say yes..." He gestured in a 'never mind' motion. "Oh well, I guess there's other reasons for the Festival of The Hunt."

"Next up, Theater District!" The cab attendant cupped his hands over his mouth. "If your starting point is in Theater District, please board now!"

"'Luck Vivi!" Zidane ran into the air cab, stretching his arms in preparation.

"You too..." Vivi waved in a small fashion. The air cab left the station with a steamy hiss, leaving it quiet once more.

"I'm surprised you still stick around." Dagger's shoes clicked on the cobblestone path as she kneeled next to him. "I'll be rooting for you Vivi!"

"Thank you, Miss Dagger." His hands calmed and he took a deep breath. "I'll do my best."

"You're gonna do great!" Dagger leaned over and hugged him tightly. "A cute little boy winning the Festival...it'll be fantastic!" She planted a kiss on his high collar and patted his hat as she stood up.

"Th-thanks." Had Vivi's face been showing, it would've been a bright crimson. He'd never been kissed before, even if it was only on his shirt.

"Next is Business District!" The attendant yelled. Vivi took another deep breath and calmed his nerves, straightening his hat out from when Dagger had ruffled it. He took tentative steps towards in the cab, and watched as the station glided out of sight, Dagger standing and waving as the cab flew by.

Vivi smiled weakly. Being cute seemed more efficient than being brusque when it came to girls. He had more luck with girls than the self-proclaimed Sir Zidane did. Maybe, he should start teaching Zidane a few things about girls.
Sign up to rate and review this story