Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Not So Ordinary

Dropping I'm Sorry Like You're Still Around

by carcrashhearts 1 review

The day after

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-26 - 542 words

0Unrated
I awoke the next morning slightly disoriented when I found myself asleep on the couch. I groaned as yesterday's memories came flooding in. The fight, Pete leaving, crying on Patrick's shoulder. Walking into the kitchen, I noticed Patrick left a note on the counter.

'Sorry, I had to go get ready. Hope you're feeling better. Now don't sit around the house being depressed all day. Go do something fun. That's an order! I'll call as soon as I can.'
-Trick'

As much as being depressed all day sounded like a good idea, I knew it wasn't a good idea. I decided to see if Madison wanted to hang out, since we hadn't seen each other that much lately. Picking up my Sidekick, I dialed her number. We decided to go shopping, and I told her I'd be there to pick her up in about an hour. After showering and grabbing something to eat, I climbed into my car. Turning on the car, I cringed when Fall Out Boy blared out the speakers at me. I just couldn't escape Pete. I quickly changed the CD to The Black Parade and sped off.

"So, what do I owe the pleasure of getting to see you," Madison teased as she got into the car. "I thought you'd be hanging out with Pete 24/7."

"Uh...that's the thing," I answered, as I drove towards the mall. "He's leaving tonight on a promotional tour. We got into a fight about it last night, and we're kind of not talking right now."

"I see. But forget Pete, we're going to have fun today."

And that's exactly what we did as we acted like old times like a couple of giggling teenagers. I hardly thought of Pete all afternoon.

The next couple of days were rough as I tried to decide how to handle the situation with Pete. I missed him terribly, but was unsure of what I would say if I called him. I became lost in thought, but was brought back to reality by my Sidekick ringing. I grinned when I saw it was Patrick calling.

"Hey, how's it going?" I asked him.

"Good. Busy."

"Are you having fun?"

"Well, that's kind of why I'm calling."

My stomach started to feel funny. I had a feeling I knew where this was going.

"It's Pete, isn't it?"

"He's a total wreck. He barely talks. I don't know what to do," Patrick said, sounding desperate. "He just sits there. It's only been two days. I don't think he's going to last long."

Even though I was still angry at Pete, I couldn't help but to be scared. "Oh, Patrick, I'm sorry," I said, softly.

"I know you are. But I think you're telling the wrong person that."

"I...I just don't know if I'm ready to talk to him yet. It still hurts. I just can't forget what he said."

"Of course what he said is going to hurt. But you know he didn't truly mean it. His emotions got the best of him. Pete loves you, and I'm sure he regrets what he said."

"I know..." I heard voices in the background.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I've got to go. But think about calling Pete, okay?"

"I will. Bye."

"Bye."
Sign up to rate and review this story