Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Friends and Enemies

Chapter 14--We've got a big mess on our hands-July 15

by rejected_smurf_god 1 review

We've got a big mess on our hands...."I love you too."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-27 - Updated: 2007-06-27 - 1233 words

0Unrated
Pete's cast was offically cut off today. He was pretty happy about it although the doctor told him to stop jumping around on stage when he preforms for awhile.

Pete just rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Gotcha, doc." He said.

He hopped off the doctor's table landing heavily on his other leg, the one that wasn't previously broken, and led me to the car.

"I want to drive!" he cried. I laughed.

"I call shotgun!" I cried back and I rushed to the other side of the car and sat in my seat. Pete sat slower probably because of his leg and started the car, backing out slowly as he and I buckled our seatbelts.

He stayed silentfor awhile then as we sat at an ever-lasting red light he turned to me, cupped my face in his hands, and kissed me slowly and deliberately.

"What was taht for?" I asked He shrugged.

"You just may not be very happy when I tell you the news." He whispered.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What was he talking about?

He sighed.

"Um, well, me and the guys were talking about it and we think it best if you stayed behind with the rest of the girls. YOu can see some of our shows but Patrick, Joe, Andy, and I think it'd be best."

The light turned green. Pete began to drive.

"What?" I managed to say without too much whine shining through.

He kept his eyes on the road making sure to advert his eyes whenever he thought we'd lock eyecontact. It bothered me so much that I stopped looking at him all together. I watched the trees speed by and every now and then I'd see a boy and a girl wlking hand in hand down the streat. Immeadiatly I wished that was me and Pete but of course I was currently angry at him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I shook my head.

"Just take me home, Pete." I replied. "I need to be alone."

He turned his head to look at me. I dared peek a look at his facial expression and my newly mended heart broke at the newly mended seams. His eyes were a watery brown. He wasn't crying yet but he was going to start soon. His mouth tilted downwards at the corners, and his face had started to loose the happy pinkness it used to have.

It broke his heart as much as it hurt mine.

"Alright, you're home." He whispered a few minutes later. "I love you, Kendra."

I hesitated as I crawled out of the car.

"I-I love you too, Pete." I replied, "Now go. Get packed or whatever."

He smiled slowly at me. He knew I didn't hate him so he was a little happier.

I slunk up the porch stairs and fit my key in the door. Before I could open the door and climb he stairs up to my bedroom I sat down on the last stair of the porch and watched Pete's car drive around the corner to go see Andy or something. As soon as I lost sight of him, I burst into tears. He was leaving me again. He was kissing me sweetly on the cheek and then gathering his bags and leaving. For days, weeks, months, maybe even years.

Why did he have to leave me here?

I placed my face in my hands crying more and more tears. In fact, I cried so many tears that I didn't notice Amy and Leslie sit down on either side of me until Amy patted my arm and Leslie 'tsk'ed and pet my hair until my sobs were silenced.

"We heard about what happened but we didn't know how much it meant to you." Leslie said.

Amy nodded.

"Kendra, he still loves you. You konw that. It probably hurts him more than it hurts you." She said.

I sighed deeply and ran a hand through my hair. "He know how much him and the guys meant to me." I said quietly, "He knew and then he decided to just up and go on tour leaving me here in little old Williamette. We don't even have our own fucking water tower*."

Leslie let out a giggle and I glared at her. "Sorry. It was funny." She said, shrugging.

We all stared at each other and for a minute we all shared a connection bringing us closer together then we ever were.

Leslie broke the silence.

"At least you guys have a boyfriend. Joe seemed to just be friends." she said shrugging "I'm tired of waiting."

It was my turn to giggle.

"Dude, he couldn't keep his eyes off of you. He loves you. He's just shy." I said, "He's deathly ill with love with you."

Leslie opened her mouth to retort something sarcastic I could just tell, but she was interupted by Joe shouting "Hey Leslie!" as he ran up the street, breathing heavily.

"Joe!" Leslie whispered.

Me and Amy exchanged looks as Leslie and Joe stopped in front of us. We watched Leslie's love story unfold.

"Leslie-- Pete told me that we would be busy these next few weeks getting ready for the tour. We're opening for Blink 182 you know!" Joe wheezed still trying to catch his breath.

"Yes, I know Joe." Leslie said.

"Well, this may be the last time I see you for awhile so I just wanted-" He stopped.

Leslie raised her eyebrows. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to--to..." Joe trailed off again.

"To what, Joe?" Leslie asked.

Joe opened his mouth and then closed it. He looked at me and Amy and he ran a hand thourh his bushy hair.

"Aww screw it." He finally muttered and grabbed Leslie's face and planted his lips on hers. Her arms flailed about for a bit and her eyes were wide with astonishment. Then, she jst gave in and she began making out with Joe. It was kind of sweet in an un-planned bittersweet kind of way**.

Me and Amy cheered them on and then we left them alone to their own. Leslie was reasonable enough and Joe was a gentleman, they wouldn't do anything they weren't ready for.

Unlike me.

Amy and I chatted for awhile in the kitchen but then Amy's cellphone viberated. She told me it would only take a minute but the way she melted into the phone told me it was Patrick and that it would take longer than a minute. That left me. Pete didn't run up to my house to tell me he loved me nor did he call me to talk to me and tell me he was sorry he was. He's probably on his bed right now looking as sad as my heart feels and then perfecting that look so it could be his trademark look. No thoughts about me.

Damn, here come the tears again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'M BAA-A-CK!!!! I've been in Colorado for a week so I haven't been able to update and my computer is a complete doodyhead so I haven't been able to tell you I'd be gone. so yeah.

*=ok, they probably do have a water tower but it made the chapter that was sorta sad in a happy-ish way happier. besides I thought it was funny.

**=My favorite part in the WHOLE story. Well, the first book.

I know where Tallahassee is, BITCH!

You'll find out later...
Sign up to rate and review this story