Categories > Original > Fantasy > Live To Tell The Tale

Chapter 1: Omega Strikes

by ScyStorm 0 reviews

Chapter 1: The peaceful, happy family of anthro wolves has a beautiful day interrupted by the infamous monster that has been destroying all in his path.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-11-28 - Updated: 2005-11-29 - 2503 words

0Unrated
LIVE TO TELL THE TALE
Chapter 1: Omega Strikes

Furry Fiction
By: Scy Storm
ssbs.furrynet.com

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Yay! This is a fan fiction series based off of the wonderful oekaki picture series of the same name. It's drawn my Mariano on Dr. Comet's Kemono Island PaintBBS. He's always put some light dialogue to go with each picture (there are over 60 at the time of this writing), and I wanted to do an actual fully-detailed story for the series. Well, I got permission to. :D You can view the oekaki series itself at http://mariano.kemonoart.org .

INEVITABLE DISCLAIMER: This chapter features some violent fighting, some language, and depiction of death. Future chapters will also have their own disclaimers. So if you don't like any of this stuff or you're not allowed to view it, turn back.



Once upon a time, there existed a magical world of kemonos: Mystic races of anthropomorphic animals, that humans have only dreamt of existing. In this particular world, most kemonos existed peacefully in the wilderness, away from the more technologically advanced parts of the world. In a particular distant forest in this world of kemonos, lived a family of anthro wolves. The father Silver, mother Lune, big sister Vulpa, and the little sister, Ru. A happy family, living normally in their woods, having no idea of what was to come, the little girl having no idea of what kind of fate lay before her and her family. Her childhood was wonderful, but everything changed one ill-fated day...



"No no no, it's like this... Pat-ty cake..." Vulpa, the red wolf states, moving her paws in a certain way.

Her little sister, the blue-furred wolf Ru, giggles. Her yellow eyes sparkle gently above the red markings on her cheeks as she watches her sister's hands, trying to match them just right. Vulpa giggles as well, knowing Ru is having trouble with it. Their mother Lune, a wolf of creme fur, watches and crosses her arms a bit. "I think you both got it a bit wrong."

Vulpa looks over at her for a second before back down at her hands. "Come on, I'm sure this is right." She says.

Lune just shrugs a shoulder, and looks over at her mate, a strong loinclothed wolf of blue fur like his daughter, holding a large axe over his shoulders. Silver just chuckles softly. "I'll get it soon, I swear!" Ru says.

Vulpa laughs, and continues trying to guide her through it. Silver shrugs a bit, and just turns to see about some more wood for his building plans, before he abruptly stops walking forward. His expression turns stern, and his head raises, before looking to a random direction. Lune looks up at him, her light smile fading, blinking softly. "... Is something wrong?" She asks.

The two girls stop their little game and look up at their parents after hearing that. "... What is that? ... I feel something wrong... Something evil..." Silver states.

"What?" Lune states, in slight distress.

Vulpa stands up to her feet, Ru blinking, and eventually standing as well. "Something evil... Something close... Wait, no... It can't be..." Silver states, terror welling up in his eyes.

Before any of them can react, there's a rather loud roar, and a large hand swipes one of the trees in the area clear down. There stands a large monster, nearly twice the height of the parents. His appearance is slightly skeletal, though mostly in his face, his skinny body, arms, and legs a featureless red skin. His eyes ominously glow red, his long white hair flowing, and yellow flame-like energy whiffing out of his mouth with each breath he takes. "No!! Omega!!" Lune says, in fear.

Even in their secluded home in the woods, the family had heard of the terror known as Omega. A strange creature that has been roaming the different countries of the world, destroying anything in its wake. And now his frightful reach had come to them. The brave wolf Silver swings his axe in front of him, holding it tight in both of his paws. "We won't let you destroy this world, you monster!" He yells.

Lune takes stride next to her lover, clenching her fists, and turning back to her daughters. "Vulpa! Your father and I will fight Omega, please take care of Ru!" She yells to them.

Ru takes a hold of her sister's waist in fear. "I'm... I'm scared, sister..." She mutters.

"Don't worry, Ru... Mother and father are very strong. I think they can defeat him." Vulpa says, her paws holding her sister gently.

Then with an almost grin, Omega makes a throwing motion with one of his large hands, an object flying through the air toward the family. It moves past Vulpa, landing on the ground behind her. She gasps, as what could only be droplets of blood hit her face and red dress. Almost too afraid to look, she turns her blue eyes and head behind her. A look of fright comes across her wide eyes as she gasps loudly again. Her parents look over. "What did he throw?" Silver says.

Lune's expression turns rather grim. "No... It's Vulpa's boyfriend!"

On the ground lay the top half of a young wolf, brown-furred with blue hair. His mouth is wide agape, and his white shirt is torn up where his body was ripped in two, his intestines spread about a foot from where he landed. "... No... Spinel..." Ru says.

Vulpa drops to her knees, tears flowing down her cheeks. "No... NO!! It can't be!!" She yells, taking the fallen wolf's head and hugging it, sobbing. "My darling..."

"Heh heh heh heh heh..." The loud booming voice comes from the monster known as Omega.

Vulpa clenches her jaw and eyes, her head snapping to the side, eyes opening as she glares at Omega. "You fucking bastard! I'll KILL YOU!!"

Lune steps toward her daughters, Vulpa standing and moving to the front of her, standing straight. "Mother... Father... You take care of Ru, I will fight Omega..." She says.

"Vulpa, no!" Silver yells.

"Sister, no! Don't put yourself in danger for us!" Ru says.

Lune takes a step forward, to right behind her. "You're too young, you can't fight him! Calm down or he's going to kill you!"

Her hand reaches out to Vulpa's shoulder, but Vulpa ushers it away. "I DON'T CARE! HAAA!!" She yells, charging forward.

Omega lets out a growl, clenching the fingers on one of his hands and thrusting it forward, Vulpa dodging the punch to the side. Omega swings his other fist, Vulpa dodging that one as well. Silver growls, clutching his axe tight, ready to jump in for his daughter. Omega makes another punch downward, Vulpa leaping to dodge it, the red fist colliding with the ground. Vulpa's leap sends her sailing high, up above Omega's head. Her body then contorts slightly, back bent, her hands held high and behind her, magic energy gathering for her special learned technique. "Take this... RAGNAROCK WOLF!!!"

Her body bends back the other way as her arms fly in front of her, a giant flash of white going through the area as a ball of pure energy, almost looking electrified, flies at Omega, hitting him square in the chest. A massive explosion occurs then, the area becoming covered in an orange glow as fire and magic energy erupt, centered upon where Omega was standing. Her family raises their arms up in reflex, their eyes squinting. The explosion dies down, only a thick smoke left behind, as Vulpa slowly descends to the ground, landing on her feet. There... That had to have destroyed him... She thinks to herself.

Her family looks on, as things get quiet, before Omega's face and upper body appear out of the top of the smoke cloud, the beast roaring loudly, the force of his roar literally blowing most of the smoke away.. Vulpa's face lights up in surprise, eyes going wide. No! It can't be!

Omega looks down at her, before rearing his arm back and thrusting forward, the remaining smoke around him blasting outward. Vulpa falls backward, closing her eyes and bracing for impact, but after a moment, nothing happens. She opens her eyes, and in front of her stands her father, holding out his axe. The whole thing is engulfed in a blue energy, Omega's fist having come into contact with it. "Father... You saved me..." Vulpa says.

"My daughter... You are very brave, but you can't win. Your mother and I will face him, get out of here and take care of Ru, please!" He says to her, all the while holding back Omega's fist from pushing forward.

Vulpa looks at him, his eye turning to look over his shoulder at her. She hesitantly nods, getting back up to her feet. "I... I understand... I love you, please don't die..." She states.

She pads her way back to her mother and sister. "Vulpa, are you okay? Your father jumped in just in time..." Lune says.

"Sister... I'm glad you're safe, please don't scare me like that..." Ru says.

"Oh Ru..." Vulpa says.

A loud smash is then heard, the three looking. Omega had pulled his fist back and swung at Silver again, his fist only striking the ground as the wolf leaped back. He holds his energy-powered axe in his hands, staring down Omega with no fear in his eyes. Lune narrows her eyes a bit, and turns their way. "Don't move... I'm going to help your father..." She says.

With that, she leaps forward, speeding toward the battle. Silver looks back to see her coming, smiling a bit. "The time is now, Silver!!" Lune yells.

"Yes Lune!" He turns and looks back at Omega, pulling his arms back. "Take this Omega! HAAA!" He yells, throwing his energy-powered axe.

Omega brings his arm up in surprise, the axe flying through the air fast and embedding itself right in his forearm. He roars a bit, blood flying from the wound. Lune's entire body then becomes enveloped in a blue energy as she speeds at him, her arms raising. "Take this Omega!! WOLF CLAWS!!"

She blasts forward like a blink of an eye, many slashes of blue energy coming over Omega's torso and legs, before she appears behind him, stopping still, her arms crossed over her chests with a blue fire-like energy radiating around her paws. She looks back at his now bleeding body with a growl. Ru watches her parents go. "Come on, Mommy and Daddy! You can beat him!" She cheers, though they're a bit far away to hear.

Vulpa, only a few feet behind her, looks down at what remains of her lover. She quivers, bringing a hand to her muzzle and shutting her eyes closed, tears coming out as soon as they shit. I'm sorry, Spinel... I couldn't avenge you...

Ru turns behind her, and blinks softly, seeing her sister in distress. She turns to her, and touches her with her paws. "Sister... Please don't feel bad..."

Vulpa opens her eyes and looks down at her little sister. Ru just softly smiles. "I bet... that Spinel is watching from Heaven right now... And he's proud of you for fighting for him... We will let Mommy and Daddy avenge him for you..."

Vulpa stares down at her sister, tears welling up and flowing. Her muzzle shakes as if she was going to say something, but nothing comes. Ru gives her a hug, and Vulpa sniffs once. "Oh Ru..."

At the battle, Silver clenches his hands together in a double fist and throws them behind him, electric-like energy flowing around them, his biceps tightening. Lune speeds away from Omega's back, ending up near her mate's side. "Omega!! You will pay for what you have done to our world!! LIGHTNING PLASMA!!"

He throws his arms forward, hands staying clenched as a beam of pure energy erupts from them and blasts forward. It makes a slight curve in the air, the bleeding, wounded omega taking a few steps back as the blast arcs a bit. He roars rather loud as it makes contact, his roar vanishing in the booming sound of the explosion that follows. Orange fire and energy explode like a pillar around him, his silhouette being ravaged inside of it, the ground around him tearing up like parchment. Silver pulls his arms back, and grrrs low, looking at the ruin his blast is creating with a smile. Lune also smiles, hers one of more relief, the blast fading down. "Silver... I think we did it..."

Silver nods a bit, but then, there's a light rumbling. Both of their smiles fade, and the two daughters look over at the battle, blinking. "... What is that?" Silver asks.

Lune's look of terror re-appears. "No... It can't be..."

A loud roar erupts as the smoke from the blast is billowed away. Omega still remains, but this time, some of his body is destroyed. Some of his lower face as been blown away to a literal skeleton, his hair singed some, but still remaining mostly intact. His torso has been completely blown apart, the bottom of his ribs and his lower spine showing down to where his legs start. Guts and intestines hang from where his ribs are, and also at the bottom of his spine, hanging limply over his legs. His left arm is also nearly completely missing. He stares down at the wolves after the smoke billows away. "Rrrrroaar!!!"

"No... It's impossible... That was one of my best techniques! He should be dead!" Silver states, stepping back in reflex and quivering a bit.

Lune growls some, looking to Omega and getting a click. "Be careful Silver! Omega is about to do something!" She says.

Omega has fallen to his knees and keeled over, growling loudly, a strange yellow energy glowing out of his eyes, teeth, and his exposed bones. In then starts even shining out of the skin on his back. He then throws his body backward, roaring loudly, his one arm out extended. In his exposed chest shines a rather bright yellow ball, which explodes, beams of yellow energy blasting into the air and going everywhere. Silver widens his eyes, and gets into a stance. "Lune!! Watch out! Those beams are going everywhe- URGH!!"

His eyes snap wide and his pupils shrink, as one of the yellow beams pierces clean through his chest, just under his left shoulder. He seems to just freeze, time slowing to a crawl as he falls backward. ... My family... Forgive me... I could not defeat him after all...

He then lands on the ground, still. Lune looks back at him, the yellow beams beginning to rain down. "... SILVER! .. ugh...!"

The beams then pierce her body. Small yellow lances of energy go through her chest in two places, her stomach, and her thigh. Her eyes go completely blank. Ru tosses her head upward, tears flying from her eyes. "MOMMY, DADDY, NOO!!!"



TO BE CONTINUED...

Characters and storyline © Mariano
Used with permission
Strip Note: 01-16

~ Scy
Sign up to rate and review this story