Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Fool's Gold

by xObscurexOmenx 1 review

Even with love, fate cut him no slack. Onesided EdRoy, mentioned RoyRiza. Drabble.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Edward Elric, Hohenheim Elric, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Published: 2007-06-29 - Updated: 2007-06-29 - 408 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own /FullMetal Alchemist/; Hiromu Arakawa does.

Warning: Contains shounen-ai and a few vague hints at yaoi. Het is also mentioned. Oh, and beware of angst.

--

There are so many reasons why I cannot love Roy Mustang.

Because I am Mustang's subordinate.

Because I am fourteen years Mustang's junior.

Because we are both /men/, and Mustang has never hinted to the fact that he is anything but straight. In fact, he has shown signs of homophobia, if anything, when the mere idea of such an attraction is mentioned in his presence.

But the most incriminating reason that I cannot love him has to be the fact that Mustang loves somebody else. Somebody that deserves him far more than a sinner such as myself does. My life has no value in the face of those that I've destroyed, so why would I, out of all people, deserve happiness?

This is my mantra. I do my best to watch from afar, to try to be happy for him to have found someone to actually make him happy... I had promised to myself that I would never break this mantra, no matter what.

But it's so hard to say no when you are allowed a rare glimpse of forbidden happiness. Of what could have been, if things had been different...

That's why I am here again, doing my best to ignore the stench of alcohol that tinges his every breath, trying to focus instead on the hot mouth descending upon mine.

That's why I do my best to ignore the moments that he actually is coherent, moaning a name that is in no way my own.

And that is why I can find it in myself to find some reason to appreciate my father. Without him, my hair would be different.

Without him, I would never pass as /her/.

--

A/N: As my first attempt at fanfiction, I've got to say, this was a rather impulsive piece... Even though I spent about forty-five minutes trying to get the wordings right. Still, I don't particularly like how the ending turned out; if anyone has a better idea of how to end it, please inform me through a review. And even if you don't, reviews/criticism is welcomed. Flames will be ignored, however, for they are rather pointless (especially if they're about the homosexuality within, since I went through the trouble of putting a warning in this...)

Thanks for reading! ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story